Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Give Me Ya Pretzels

I am having trouble with textures.txt and Doom Builder Textures

I am trying to make a mappack with custom textures and you need the textures in a Texturex file. but I keep getting an error when I try to add these two images into texturex.

here is some footage of my issue. what can I do? Can anyone help? If you can at least try to help, that would cool. Thank You.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

ROADLOL.png

Edited by Give Me Ya Pretzels

What's this? A video for ants?

If you just want your .png files as textures to use on walls/floors you don't need to define them in TEXTURES, just put them in the textures/ folder.

but Now I have a new problem, I can't load a pk3 file and when I try to open my map from slade into Doom Builder, it dosen't show the textures. but when I play the game the textures are there. and I know how to change the textures without being able to see them but I do need to see them so I can make the map look good. so can someone help me fix this texture problem 

ezgif.com-video-to-gif_(1).gif

11 hours ago, Give Me Ya Pretzels said:

yo I have a new problem. look at the post above

Bumping your thread is not going to help. DW is not a helpdesk where people are available at any whim.

Reading your descriptor it does remind me of another recent thread with a very similar issue.

But to open a .pk3 file, see this thread:

9 minutes ago, Give Me Ya Pretzels said:

ok, is there a doom editing help forum I could go to? and also thanks for providing a thread, I will look

You are in the Doom Editing sub-forum already, and then there is the ZDoom forums.

how can I get more people to help me? I don't know anyone on this forum and there isn't a way to follow people. and just so you know: I never use my twitter and the only social media apps I use regularly is youtube and reddit. I don't ever use instagram or tiktok (tiktok is so cancerous, cringe, and its Chinese spyware sort of, I despise it) so its not like I don't know much about much about the concept of forums and how to get attention/help because I use social media a lot. I just not good at using forums because I am still new to the concept. I don't post often, there will be long gaps between when I post and 99% of my posts are for posting my mods and adding new stuff to update logs for my mods. the 1% is for asking help because I usually use youtube or wiki tutorials. and I don't think youtube is going to help with my problem, I mean you can't ask questions on there besides from comment sections were the author of the video most likely won't respond due to how many comments are sent. I just need some help with understanding what topic bumping is and how to get more people to see my posts and much more.

18 minutes ago, Give Me Ya Pretzels said:

how can I get more people to help me?

By participating, helping others out, sharing advice. Be part of the community and you shall recieve your help quicker, better, faster, stronger!

18 minutes ago, Give Me Ya Pretzels said:

I just need some help with understanding what topic bumping is and how to get more people to see my posts and much more.

Topic bumping is the practice of constantly posting in your own thread, post by post, rather than editing your first post. By creating seperate posts eachtime, you bump your topic upwards.

This practice is commonly frowned upon on forums, because a bumped post usually contains very little of merit. Therefore, a bump is only ever succesfull if the update is rather significant. Posting just increase your reach but where your update is not significant is usually not an effective move to make.

Therefore, if you do feel the need to bump up your own thread, only do so when your update is significant. For a source port, this usually means a new release or a hotfix that fixes a critical error. Those kinds of bumps are seen as significant.

Stating, for example, ''Hey i have another update coming up'' as a seperate post purely to bump up your topic is not a significant update and will be seen as spam-like behavior. The keyword is significance.

Hopefully this helps.

20 minutes ago, Give Me Ya Pretzels said:

thank you, I can see why its frowned upon now. so if you need to bump the thread, post something that provides something important and don't say something basic.

Definitely. You can get examples from the WAD section, where big releases often get intermediate bumps which are often big updates to the mapset.