Dr.Ferret

The marauder better not return.

1 minute ago, Hellektronic said:

well dammit you're going to sing Kumbaya like it or not! Hah

No can do sir.

Just now, seed said:

No can do sir.

*throttles*

I never went to such a camp but I assume it's like that. I wont be molesting anybody though, hah. Just slapping people. Slapping everybody until they can behave and disagree in a civilized manner without howling like a coyote and calling their mongrel forum-allies to the attack for superior numbers... with likes and general snark. One on one conversation is a lost art in forums. I realize a lot of nerdier folk are socially retarded and/or unable to empathize with others, that's what makes them so intelligent, but I've got a warmed up hand with plenty of slapping power and nobody is safe. Even geniuses. If Albert Einstein came in here with an attitude, he'd get slapped like anyone else.

4 minutes ago, Hellektronic said:

*throttles*

I never went to such a camp but I assume it's like that. I wont be molesting anybody though, hah. Just slapping people. Slapping everybody until they can behave and disagree in a civilized manner without howling like a coyote and calling their mongrel forum-allies to the attack for superior numbers... with likes and general snark. One on one conversation is a lost art in forums. I realize a lot of nerdier folk are socially retarded and/or unable to empathize with others, that's what makes them so intelligent, but I've got a warmed up hand with plenty of slapping power and nobody is safe. Even geniuses. If Albert Einstein came in here with an attitude, he'd get slapped like anyone else.

Ah, I see now.

But you don't, I can have perfectly fine, non-sarcastic conversations online or otherwise - if and when I want to. Right now I'm feeling like doing both at the same time :) .

Can you two knock it off? Does this really have to devolve into kindergarten, every fucking time? 

5 hours ago, Hellektronic said:

No, like the BFG I just figured it would be a waste of ammo against a marauder... I guess it could damage them, I never really thought about it.

I would try it out, it's much more useful than using the BFG to kill him since it doesn't require any charge up making it much more easier to hit him with when his shield is down. It'll usually kill him in 1-2 staggers and only takes like 15 or so big cells.

1 hour ago, Hunting4r2d2 said:

I would try it out, it's much more useful than using the BFG to kill him since it doesn't require any charge up making it much more easier to hit him with when his shield is down. It'll usually kill him in 1-2 staggers and only takes like 15 or so big cells.

Really? Hm... I wonder if you can use the unmakyr in the new DLC coming out, hah. I'm gonna need a quick way to sack one of those two marauders.

1 hour ago, Hellektronic said:

Really? Hm... I wonder if you can use the unmakyr in the new DLC coming out, hah. I'm gonna need a quick way to sack one of those two marauders.

Honestly, I'm expecting more generous BFG shots & Crucible charges left lying around so that the player can just really let loose at master levels tier difficulty and demon placements. If Id Software is still rationing out BFG charges, I'm going to be a little disappointed. 

On 8/28/2020 at 5:45 AM, Hellektronic said:

I'm not saying to contradict the opinion, but I've played all the From software games... Marauder's combat style is closer to Bloodborne NPCs than Sekiro or DMC. In fact, as Hugo and Martin mentioned that they enjoyed Bloodborne, Marauder's unique combat style was the Bloodborne NPC.

@Dr.Ferret

For what it's worth, I'm not a fan of the Marauder either, at least not in his current form.

I hate how I can't damage him when he's shooting at me and his shield's down.  That doesn't make sense.

I also hate how I can't kill or damage him with the Crucible even though he's swinging his axe and my blade is in his face.  That really doesn't make sense.

Lastly, I hate how I can't overload or at least temporarily disable his shield, especially since the game encourages you to do this for every other shielded enemy.  (People try to draw comparisons to the Gladiator boss but a) you can eventually destroy his shield and b) the Gladiator doesn't try to zone you in the same manner as the Marauder does.)

Honestly, if id changed one or two of these things, no one would complain and the Marauder would still be formidable.  Hell, make him move faster or summon two spirit wolves if you're really hung up on him losing his shield and/or invincibility frames.

When I'm playing against the Marauder I feel like I'm a demon and he's the Doomguy

I think he'd be fine if he were to be a one time boss