Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MaxRideWizardLord

Arch-Vile is actually the Nancy Ann Kerrigan herself?

After finding the ancient clip of Nancy Kerrigan "WHY" meme, I sudden got reminded of our beloved Flame Boi. Her voice somehow resembles exactly how the Arch-Vile dies, although it seems the middle part between the long "Why" and the sobbing seem to have been cut, when she makes the "eeeeaaaa" sound. Listen to it and see (or hear) any resemblance for yourself, the third "Why" of her.

And now compare it to the final sound of Arch-Vile's DSVILDTH: (01:20)

There are few things to think about. It happened in 1994, after a few months before Doom 2 released, and the audioclip was quite popular as the event was still relevant. Quite possible that the Bobby recorded the sound, slowed it down, cut the middle part, done various pitching and gave it to the Arch-Vile. Here we have the Nancy "Arch-Vile" Kerrigan.

image.png.d4a84b8902a012af3b57eb91c60291a9.png 

Unless of course you're saying he's implying that he recorded a recording.
It would be weird and kind of distasteful if he did this, but I doubt he did.

edit: weird bug while posting :/

Edited by kwc : weird bug with posting

After playing with DSVILDTH a bit in a sound editor, I can get it kind of close to the Kerrigan clip, but not close enough to make me think that that's where it originates from. Though I've only played that clip two or three times because it's pretty gut-wrenching to listen to.

The AV "why" is sort of like "whyy-hu-hy" which isn't the way Kerrigan says it. Unless he spliced in the sobs after her "why," but it just doesn't sound like that's what was done.

Yeah, I have to a agree with Plums. It's a bit of a stretch and sourcing it from Nancy Kerrigan seems like a very odd choice considering the majority of Doom's audio consists of heavily-edited files sourced from ancient stock sound effects CDs.

Edited by Biodegradable

4 hours ago, MaxRideWizardLord said:

Kerrigan was pretty young during the accident she had

"I didn't assault her, your honor! She had an accident!"

On 8/22/2020 at 12:22 PM, boris said:

"I didn't assault her, your honor! She had an accident!"

Didn't used that word in such context, I was more referring to the phenomenon of it happened to her. Probably should have used word INcident, my apologize.