Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

Highest quality HD scans of Doom, Doom 2, Master Levels big box art?

Never noticed Doomguy had a co-op buddy in the background of the Doom1 cover till now, or how rad af doomguy's hair is on the doom2 cover.

My SNES Doom box is a bit scuffed up/faded, but here it is anyway-

(Still one of my favorite ways to play the first 3 episodes)

Nh8N77x.jpg

FBnIfx8.jpg

The obscure and disappointing Tapwave Zodiac Doom 2 port, just because it still exists.

QYXTqUz.jpg

32X

vmXHdL7.jpg

Something fun: spotting the problems in the screenshots on the back of 32X Doom

-rotational sprites

-player is probably about to take splash damage in 1st screen

-imps are clipping together in second screenshot and switch texture is doubled for some reason

-pc textures in screen 3

rDZmD57.jpg

Out of classic Doom boxes now lol.

Edited by Smouths

Does ANYONE have a flat, high quality scan of the Master Levels for Doom II poster? The one with Adrian Carmack's drawing they used for Doom II's 'Interpic'?

On 9/24/2020 at 4:44 AM, Doomkid said:

Since it's somewhat relevant, I recently came across high definition versions of the old DWANGO logo!

SeUVJvV.gif

OiWRUGy.gif

Yoooo I've been looking for these. Where did you find these?

Any progress on the physical box releases, @Doomkid

I'd definitely buy one. It'd be especially cool if it came with a working Doom 95 executable, that way those on Windows 10 / 11 can experience the old port. 

1 hour ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

Any progress on the physical box releases, @Doomkid

I'd definitely buy one. It'd be especially cool if it came with a working Doom 95 executable, that way those on Windows 10 / 11 can experience the old port. 

Unfortunately i wasn’t able to find a reliable outfit that does high quality disc printing and oldschool software boxes (the big cardboard kind). The best I could find was a DVD-style jewel case, but the 90s prints of Doom never came in such a case, so unless I could get something “close” to the original I felt it wasn’t worth it..

There’s also legal issues, but I’d like to think at this small of a scale that it wouldn’t be a problem.

1 hour ago, OpenRift said:

Yoooo I've been looking for these. Where did you find these?

Dwango Bob Huntley posted them somewhere a couple years ago, not sure where now, but I just made sure to grab them before they vanished.

On 12/7/2021 at 11:18 AM, Doomkid said:

Dwango Bob Huntley posted them somewhere a couple years ago, not sure where now, but I just made sure to grab them before they vanished.

Well, that was cool of him, good thing you grabbed them. Now I have print-size TWANGO logo as well, lol

TWANGO_ARCHIVAL_HI-RES.png.0862d504537acbfb6313cc6f75164acc.png

(it's so uncanny seeing the logo looking so crisp, good lord)

Fun Fact: If you check the back of the doom 2 box, and look at the Archvile screenshot, you'll notice that the screenshot is:
A: from an early build with a texture that never got into the final game
B: doctored in a way that makes no sense

The texture on the left of the archie was never in the final build, and the BFG is using Bullets for some reason...

Thanks for all the amazing scans and pardon my search skills, but have hi res scans for the "soldiers never die" poster or ad and Saturn lost soul box (or poster) been shared anywhere on Doomworld? Would appreciate greatly if someone could point me towards the thread if they were...

The coolest Doom 64 cover I could find is this tiny, looking for something bigger.

I edited Doom 1 cover into a square cover. Can't even attempt to make it look competent, does anyone know how to fix the sky?

Hey everybody, inspired by THIS thread, I decided to bump this old thread too since I've done a handful more scans!

HD big box scans:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/2sgknjr3ccrlzop/Doom_Doom2_FinalDoom_Scans.zip/file

I believe those to currently be the highest definition scans of the Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, and Final Doom boxes, specifically the GT interactive CD-ROM versions that have both the DOS and Windows versions of Doom.

I consider these these best of the "standard" Doom big boxes, because they make a very clean 3-piece set when you have them all, and their serial codes and branding further cement them as related.

I welcome anyone to improve on these, or just download and enjoy them!

Here's a little sample, the CD-ROM scans. (I acknowledge that there's room for improvement!)

VqDR8gv.png

YmxjTrg.png

Really awesome thread. A bit of an aside but it would be cool if someone made a filter or palette or something to mimic the screenshots they used on these boxes. There's that certain grainy blur and weird oversaturation/darkness that strikes a chord. It takes me back to looking at the boxes like these at CompUSA or KB Toys or something and wondering about the games, but the Doom shots are particularly memorable and appealing. 

Edit: Actually, Fallen Leaves has introduced me to the beautiful OPal palette which comes extremely close to that particular look. Love it!

Edited by pantheon