Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shaviro

New D3 shot! (Scan)

Hello everybody! This is a scan of the danish PCG version. Enjoy!

[url removed - sorry folks, orders directly from the top]

oops. This is posted in the tech forum. My bad. Could somebody please move it?

[edit]That's better![/edit]

Shaviro said:

oops. This is posted in the tech forum. My bad. Could somebody please move it?

Done.
Btw, I saw that you said that the building looked like the E1M1 building when you were on IRC yesterday. Wtf? This thing looks next to nothing like that building.

Translations of the text on the scan:
Text on the left of the concept sketches of the "lost soul" thingy:

"Look...a familar old fellow has had a facelift. The so-called "Lost Souls" are no longer just flying skulls but have been given a bit more flesh this time around. But it has probably not become friendlier because of that!"

Text on the right of the pinky sketches:

"The classical Pinky Demon isn't as colourful as it has been earlier, but it has become somewhat more scary to look at. What the story is on the robotic parts that have suddenly shown up in the monster's body, we don't know unfortunately...but it looks frightening!"

dsm said:

Btw, I saw that you said that the building looked like the E1M1 building when you were on IRC yesterday. Wtf? This thing looks next to nothing like that building.

The hangar building in the intermission screen has the same thingie as this one.

Shaviro said:

The hangar building in the intermission screen has the same thingie as this one.

What thingie?
That "extended box" thingie or what?
/me goes and plays Doom

dsm said:

What thingie?
That "extended box" thingie or what?
/me goes and plays Doom

yeah...well. Maybe i'm just seeing things ;)
It's a great shot, though. My favorite so far.

Shaviro said:

yeah...well. Maybe i'm just seeing things ;)
It's a great shot, though. My favorite so far.

O_o
Oh yeah right, I completely forgot that you're an architechtural guy.
My favorite shot so far is a shot of the tentacle commando and I think that it for a screenshot to become a favorite of mine it has to have a cool-looking character on it.

This is an ILLEGAL scan. hmmmmm...dunno but it'd better removing it since this is definitely pic-warezing.

uniQ said:

This is an ILLEGAL scan. hmmmmm...dunno but it'd better removing it since this is definitely pic-warezing.

Well, PC Gamer hasn't complained yet.

dsm said:

yes! how right you are! no one complained about the leaked alpha for the first 20h, too - was it legal for at least this period? excellent conclusion!
"pcg magazin" will not notice it because they're not excplictly searching for pics published online without having their permission. furthermore they have not the abilities to sue ppl from foreign countries like activision could do.

this scan and it's distribution obviously breaches the copyright law.
it's equivalent to posting pics from the alpha - it's plain illegal.

dunno what's happening in here...other righteous doom3 forums took out this link right after it was posted. same goes with the "new chainsaw guy scan".

uniQ said:

yes! how right you are! no one complained about the leaked alpha for the first 20h, too - was it legal for at least this period? excellent conclusion!
"pcg magazin" will not notice it because they're not excplictly searching for pics published online without having their permission. furthermore they have not the abilities to sue ppl from foreign countries like activision could do.

this scan and it's distribution obviously breaches the copyright law.
it's equivalent to posting pics from the alpha - it's plain illegal.

dunno what's happening in here...other righteous doom3 forums took out this link right after it was posted. same goes with the "new chainsaw guy scan".

Just shut up and enjoy...geez.

Shaviro said:

Just shut up and enjoy...geez.

the double standards is the thing that sucks in here. DAMN!

no one is allowed to post pics from the alpha vs. everbody can post scanned in pics.

whazzup?!

uniQ said:

no one is allowed to post pics from the alpha vs. everbody can post scanned in pics.

whazzup?!

Don't ask, I just follow the rules made by ling - if I'm suddenly ordered to take down any links to scanned images from a mag then I will take them down and warn people that future linking to the pics will be bannable.

As of now I haven't been given any directions in that way, so I don't intervene. Ask ling why it is as it is, but stop fucking critizing the staff for doing its job the way it it's done.

I suppose it's Doomworld policy to be very strict about blocking things that id does not want the world to see, as opposed to small copyright violations against pc games magazines.

Ultraviolet said:

WHAT? WHERE?

Right here
And I don't give a crap if the quality of this screenie isn't very good, the pose of that commando is just badass and the architecture in the background looks neat imho, that's how I judge a screenshot.
[edit]Ok that screenshot wasn't *quite* the screenshot I have on my harddrive, but the one I have is very similar - it's just taken from a slightly lower angle so that the commando looks more like he towers above you and that is coolness imo.[/edit]

Nice pic...where'd you get it?

This is a scan of the danish PCG version

dsm said:

And I don't give a crap if the quality of this screenie isn't very good, the pose of that commando is just badass and the architecture in the background looks neat imho, that's how I judge a screenshot.
[edit]Ok that screenshot wasn't *quite* the screenshot I have on my harddrive, but the one I have is very similar - it's just taken from a slightly lower angle so that the commando looks more like he towers above you and that is coolness imo.[/edit]

I like the movie of it, when it breaths:). Its so... I cant explain it.

If structures like this are just for decoration, as in there's no way to get in them, then it's just a pathetic waste. Nothing is stupider than making someone want to explore something, and then telling them they can't, especially in a game.

Hmmmm. If someone was too take a screenshot from the alpha, then print it, scan it, then post it, would it still be a bannable offence?

dsm said:

Actually, PC Gamer complained when we posted scans of the December issue before that issue hit the stands. I took them down for a while, but I put them back up recently because the issue is out there now.

I don't know if this scan is actually available in stores yet or not, and if it's not I'll wait for it to hit.

uniQ said:

Posting scans from a magazine is WORLDS away from posting links to download the leaked alpha, and to say otherwise is naive. Any screenshots printed in magazines, like this one or the Entertainment Weekly one, are obviously meant to be seen by all, otherwise they wouldn't be in a magazine. Scanning them might be a breach of copyright but it's so minor that generally no one cares. Warezing a leaked copy of a game is on an entirely different plane and I hope I don't have to explain why.

Fredrik said:

Could help the atmosphere...

Well, we all know what YOU think about mind-numbing decorative detail and bland gameplay.

Linguica said:

Actually, PC Gamer complained when we posted scans of the December issue before that issue hit the stands. I took them down for a while, but I put them back up recently because the issue is out there now.

I don't know if this scan is actually available in stores yet or not, and if it's not I'll wait for it to hit.Posting scans from a magazine is WORLDS away from posting links to download the leaked alpha, and to say otherwise is naive. Any screenshots printed in magazines, like this one or the Entertainment Weekly one, are obviously meant to be seen by all, otherwise they wouldn't be in a magazine. Scanning them might be a breach of copyright but it's so minor that generally no one cares. Warezing a leaked copy of a game is on an entirely different plane and I hope I don't have to explain why.

This is NOT true. Why do you think they are selling magazines? It's their business! They have ppl working for REAL money and that must be earned by selling their magazines with new and interesting stuff in it. So dont tell me it makes no difference between stealing pics and warzeing games. Only the damage done to the companies is different but the intention is the same.
Maybe you are all to young or to indiffernt to judge this right.

I really dont mind if the pic is posted after they released the next month's edition - then they wont be able to make any more money with that current one.

Think about. Really think about it. If it'd hurt you, you would complain about, wouldn't you?

@all: sorry about my rantings but this has to be said...and for the topic: yes it looks fine but there's an older pic in better quality that shows the same outdoor scene. it has the BOH or HK on it.

uniQ said:

Uh, if you say so.

Whatever. If people want to look at the pictures of Doom 3 in a magazine they can go to a newsstand and flip through a copy. I don't think anyone's empire is crumbling because Doomworld has posted Doom 3 scans from widespread magazines.

This is NOT true. Why do you think they are selling magazines? It's their business! They have ppl working for REAL money and that must be earned by selling their magazines with new and interesting stuff in it. So dont tell me it makes no difference between stealing pics and warzeing games. Only the damage done to the companies is different but the intention is the same.

Not everything is black and white. This is a case of differing magnitudes of offense. Posting a scanned picture is not a big deal. Posting a picture or a link to an early version of a highly-anticipated game is much more severe - it could cause people to form an unfair opinion of the game.

We might be young or indifferent but I have a feeling that most of us, or at least Linguica and I, are older than you - and if not, then I truly pity you.

I really dont mind if the pic is posted after they released the next month's edition - then they wont be able to make any more money with that current one.

Think about. Really think about it. If it'd hurt you, you would complain about, wouldn't you?

Yeah, I thought about it. For the thirteen seconds it took me to realize that you don't know what you're talking about. Back issues of magazines sell nearly as well as current issues, especially gaming magazines (as people want them for codes/strategy guides, etc.)

@all: sorry about my rantings but this has to be said...and for the topic: yes it looks fine but there's an older pic in better quality that shows the same outdoor scene. it has the BOH or HK on it.

Really? Think you could produce that picture?

AndrewB said:
Well, we all know what YOU think about mind-numbing decorative detail and bland gameplay.

I can't help but wonder why you post in the doom 3 forums when all you do is bitch and whine about what a shitty game doom 3 will be because it's a little more realistic then the old doom.

It really bothers me that the bases of your theory is that it looks good. I’m not sure what’s worse, liking a game simply because it looks good, or Hating a game simply because it looks good.