Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

MarioDoom.pk3 - Vanilla Edition (unofficial patch)

Ah neat, I've always been fascinated by the cutie concept of Mario. Glad to see some effort being made to make the mod itself cross-port compatible.

OMG! Thank you for this. Turns out I only hated this mod because I was playing it in GZDoom before.

Now with your version I can play it on a real source port and it's a thing of beauty. I love it that the Doom shotgun sound is included, not the annoying Mario one!

Had a blast playing the first level Super Mayhem 17.

25 minutes ago, game said:

Super Mayhem 17.

What a great idea! Haven't thought of the possibility that this is the perfect companion mod for a megawad that size.

Anything Mario is awesome. I tested another patched version of Mario DOOM with Mayhem17 a long time ago. Supposedly Mario DOOM breaks the final boss of M17 or something, I can't remember. The patch also removed the Mario DOOM titlepic so it doesn't overwrite the M17 one. 

14 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Was the version you tested this one? I put it together ages ago, but something may be broken that I didn't initially realize - https://doomshack.org/wads/mayhem17_mariodoom.wad

It was this one, which apparently makes some sound effect changes as well:

https://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/addons/super-mayhem-17-small-patch

I didn't do much research on the subject, so I assumed this one was the best option to use with Mayhem17. The guy who posted it didn't do a good job describing specifics (or using punctuation) in his post, so I have no idea what the "conflicts" are that Keen/SS enemies cause.

Not sure if this was done before, but late last year, I tried making a version of Super Mario Doom tailor-made for Super MAYhem 2017 that still maintains some degree of vanilla compatibility.
https://mega.nz/file/BuxXFTyK#X8DfrKB6ECLFrTwtLxLR4FbLwa9JoVrEQHc4rzaE-ok

This was the state of the project when I stopped--it's a patch that converts everything from the original Super Mario Doom mod to Super MAYhem 2017's color palette and removes some assets so the final boss encounter on MAP26 works as it should in the original Super MAYhem 2017. I did have plans to add to it to make it a more fully complete Mario experience but I ended up getting swamped with other projects around the same time so I couldn't find time to add more to it and polish it much further.

Here's a few preview screens showing some of the converted graphics as they appear in-game:

Spoiler

screenshot_GZDoom_MARIOMAY.png.88ee2441490972489401e83a83550995.png

screenshot_GZDoom_MARIOMAY_lakitu.png.299705f287b610b9b1b578dc3133a3d6.png

screenshot_GZDoom_MARIOMAY_bowser.png.831fbe8e32608b0d920d810615fd7ab0.png