Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arrown

Geant Doom 2 Wad (1 map only but...)

Hi,
Please see our only map, a map that we done for Doom 1 (in 1992 on DEU!, yes, yes, we are old) (that why the double-shotgun is coming late) and for Doom 2 and finally done for the differents motor like ZDeamon, Zandronum or other. Mean, the map upgrade every years since 1992 until .... 2020 (and will cintinue)!

Our gameplay is the following :
   - Ultra violence
   - FastMonsters with no respawn
   - Never lose
   - And can't jump (Important because the map is not done for that, gameplay will be out if you can jump).

This map is a work during many years, that's why this map is smart despite more than 2000 monsters. Monsters are not pushing everywhere whitout logic but intelligent. Anyway Doom stay a brutal game but the real gamers will see the differents :-)

Leave a comment, the work are amazing ! (I think !)

Details :
   New textures/Nouvelles textures
   New Sounds/Nouveaux sons
   4339 Things/objets
   16120 Vertices/Points
   20286 LineDefs/Lignes
   32544 SideDefs/Faces
   3565 Sectors/Secteur
   3h30 Average Time to finish the maps/Temps moyen pour finir la carte

Some picture : https://1drv.ms/f/s!Av4rQLmLPq9LgrMAQF_xPoUe-h76hw 

Video from 2012 (you can see how it's diff since 8 years) https://youtu.be/YDkUolpxumg (Please see the video that Doberman done really quickly in 2h40 ! (He knows everythings of course, that why it's quick).)

Arrown & Doberman

PkFortCityfinal.zip

Wow! A map from 1992? Are you guys some time travellers that got a copy of Doom 2 and DEU 2 years in the future from 1992, then return back to your timeline and started making this map? That's incredible!

Jokes aside, this looks interesting to play, when I return home I'll download it. I can't see the pics because the connection kinda sucks where I am

We are back from the futur !

By the way, please test it and let me know what you are thinking :)

And for the older people who know Half-life, we are the creator of the 2 mods of HL1 (Rebellion & Vengeance) :)

Despite this wad being 2 years older than Doom2 itself, these maps look pretty darn cool based on those screenshots!

Hello team,

Did you have a chance to test ? Some feedback could be nice :)

Did you finish it :)

tbh, it is quite hard to play with  2100+ monsters. my PC couldn't even keep it at 20 FPS. the map looks interesting and complex, but playing it at 10-15 FPS is really painful. ;-) this may be one of the reasons you don't get more feedback: people just moving it down their playing lists ("oh, i'll try it later, it's too big and slow"), and then simply forgot to play it again.

i love the size and exploration, but couldn't force myself to keep playing due to framerate. i don't know what to advice here, because i understand why such big map needs so many monsters, but... dunno, maybe split it to several maps with central hub? this will require advanced sourceport with hub support, but the whole thing may become more accessible.

On 12/16/2020 at 6:29 AM, ketmar said:

tbh, it is quite hard to play with  2100+ monsters. my PC couldn't even keep it at 20 FPS. the map looks interesting and complex, but playing it at 10-15 FPS is really painful. ;-) this may be one of the reasons you don't get more feedback: people just moving it down their playing lists ("oh, i'll try it later, it's too big and slow"), and then simply forgot to play it again.

i love the size and exploration, but couldn't force myself to keep playing due to framerate. i don't know what to advice here, because i understand why such big map needs so many monsters, but... dunno, maybe split it to several maps with central hub? this will require advanced sourceport with hub support, but the whole thing may become more accessible.

Hi Ketmar,

This is really strange, we are playing this game since few years and the framerate was perfect ! The only case I got low FPS is when I've activated HD Texture.

We are using Zandronum, here, for example a version of 2012 : 

Can you describe which application and parameters are you using ?

We are also playing with Brutal Doom, and Framerate is OK

Anyway, Thanks a lot for your feedback, I was waiting someone to test it. :) 

Edited by Arrown : Youtube at 2min

Not trying to sound like an asshole, but please next time politely ask an english speaker to translate your text instead of using Google Translate.

as i am the developer of k8vavoom, i am using k8vavoom to play. ;-) but even with Zandronum 2k monsters may be problematic for people with older machines. i'd say that common safe margin is around 800-900 monsters.