Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
General Rainbow Bacon

Requiem Strategy Guide

Since its recent, Akeldama.

Back To Saturn X E1 and E2 aswell since they got recently added to the Classic Unity port :)

I would say all the top 100 and then the cacowards and runners-up.

Titanic job, indeed, but thats something i would love to see.

As it is a big job and we need to something new to attrackt, i will say Eviternity. Struggle: Antaresian Legacy, could be a good choice, too.

I have a ton of old gaming magazines and from time to time, i like to take a look at them, love the walkthroughts and all the cheat and tricks. In fact, one magazine i read a lot is an issue of a complete strategy guide of Final Fantasy VI for PSX. I readed it soo much that i kept every birthday money gift until i saved enough to buy myself a PSX. That was in 1999-2000 i think.

Before that i spent almost all the time playing Contra: Hard Corps/Gunstar Heroes and Ultimate Mortal kombat 3/Yuu Yuu Hakusho: Makyo Touitsusen on sega genesis.

Oh, shit! Good times, i played soo much to the PSX that my parents took it away from my bedroom trying to control the hours i played to it. FFVI was my first RPG along Chrono Cross and i get soo inmersed on their stories and gameplay that i forget to eat and sleep. Love them!

Well.... I guess I'll get started then.  I'm currently doing both a continuous play and pistol start of Requiem.  So maybe I'll do that one, and then Akeldama, and then just go down the list.  Let me know if you're interested in helping edit the map walkthroughs to make them more interesting.

Edit: I'll do both continuous play and pistol start walkthroughs for all maps and will include secrets.

This sounds like a great idea (then again I'm the idiot who made walkthroughs of Sunder's maps). Are you by chance going to write the walkthroughs on Doomwiki?

Maybe if you look into it you could put some on the DMW like how nintendo power had strategy guides.

I think this is a fantastic idea, two things I’ve always wished for in this community are more megawad walkthroughs and more agreed upon wad difficulty tier lists.. I guess both of those things are uncommon due to the sheer glut of Doom wads released each year. Anyway this is an excellent idea, far as I’m concerned.

The beautiful wad Stardate 20X7 deserves a strategy guide. It took me quite a long time to figure out the first level with a video walkthrough. Maybe it will be better to read about the other levels before playing.

I don't think that there is anything wrong with it, besides a few minor things here and there. The only thing that concerns me about the project would be the time and effort it takes to make the guides. Gets a thumbs-up from me :)

Well, for this one, they are maps I've played many times so this one shouldn't take me too long.  Maybe some of the later maps from pistol start are a bit challenging, but nothing I can't do.  What's there only took me about and hour and a half.

I would say start from the top of the DW's top 100 megawads. But my personal votes would be for Alien Vendetta, Scythe 2, Community Chest 4, Nova III, and Japanese Community Project

On 9/3/2020 at 10:41 PM, TheNoob_Gamer said:

So this is like the Doomwiki walkthroughs but with additional touches.

What are the additional touches (including any the OP has planned but not implemented), and what features would be needed on the wiki to include them?