Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtimZarr1

The Ancient Gods - Trailer and Release Date

Soundtrack sounds amazing. Anyone have a transcript of what Samuel is saying? Some of it is too hard to hear with the voice effects they have on it. 

7 minutes ago, BluePineapple72 said:

Soundtrack sounds amazing. Anyone have a transcript of what Samuel is saying? Some of it is too hard to hear with the voice effects they have on it. 

No lies, I saw the trailer on Twitter and thought it had compressed the ever-living FUCK out of the audio with how barely-audible it is. Then checked out the HQ trailer on YouTube and found it just as bad. Raw. :/

9 minutes ago, BluePineapple72 said:

I hope that's deliberate. Otherwise this is really quite a janky video. Is anyone else's video really jerky?

Here’s what I got: 

“We have been allies for some time now...

I knew who you were the moment you stepped foot into our world...

You’re a gifts(?) owed to us now(?)...

We work to resurrect the only ones who can save this world...

(?) and now we honor to server the gods(?)...

... yet again.”

Thats what I managed to get after a few viewings. Some parts of this are still hard to understand. 

Lol I’ve watched this thing at least 3 times trying to decipher what is being said at the end.  No luck.  

Looks awesome.  Looks like at least 2 big campaign levels and some kind of boss thing at the end where the titan lifts you up to that last portal?

3 minutes ago, BluePineapple72 said:

I'm pretty sure that's "Your gifts" (i.e. the Slayer's skills and abilities, perhaps esp. those from the Divinity Machine). It could be a fragment of a larger sentence; "...your gifts owed to us now..."

The level desing remind me somehow of Doom 3 or Doom 64, not gonna lie, it's like too blue and some places look, like small!

Bring it more, it's looks awesome.

Glad to hear other people had problem understanding Samuels voice too.

I watched the German version of the trailer, and there the voice is much better to understand. Translated by Deepl (please note, this is a translation, not a transcript of the original English audio):

1. "Wir sind nun schon lange Verbündete" -> "We have been allies for a long time now."
  2. "Ich wusste, wer du bist, als du unsere Welt betreten hast." -> "I knew who you were when you entered our world."
  3. "Deine Geschenke schuldest du uns." -> "Your gifts you owe us."
  4. "Nun erwecken wir die einzigen, die diese Welt retten können." -> "Now we awaken the only ones who can save this world."
  5. "Dir wird die Ehre zuteil, den Göttern zu dienen - einmal mehr." -> "You will have the honor of serving the gods - once again."

The second sentence is the most interesting one. Samuel knew the Slayer before he entered Argent D'Nur? Why is Argent D'Nur Samuels world?

What I like:

• Looks like the microwave beam is useful now (to kill summoning ghosts)
  • Hayden speaks of gods and I think he refers to hiw own race - reminds my of the Khan Maykrs hubris
  • Looks like at least 3 levels (sea base, Urdak, Hell), maybe 4 (if the platform at the end is not just a part of the other 3 levels)
  • The music

What I dislike:

• After the first teaser I was hoping for more info about Vega and his goals
  • Unfortunately it still takes a long time until the release

Now I've had a chance to watch the trailer with headphones, I agree with the audio, I can't tell what is being said that well.

9 minutes ago, Danz said:

EgcuDbBXcAEcRJX?format=jpg&name=large

BTSX Eternal

Maybe the Hell section shown is Earth core (similar to Mars core, city of Hebeth)?

30hdoja0alj51.png

Pog, Friendly Titan near the end of the trailer, doesn't seem like there will be a boss vs them.

Edited by sluggard

I need the LotR meme with those Marauders:

''Yes we had one marauder, how about a second marauder?''

The ost and the visuals look fucking awesome.

It's only just occurred to me now that the Ancient Gods in the title might be referring to the Wraiths.

That was a lot more than I was expecting, so what's the link between the Summoners from 2016 and this ghost-like enemy?  The summoners always somewhat resembled the elemental wraiths. 

The god world at the end looked really cool, like a mix between Lovecraft and W40k. 

27 minutes ago, sluggard said:

30hdoja0alj51.png

Pog, Friendly Titan near the end of the trailer, doesn't seem like there will be a boss vs them. Either way bring it.

We're gonna meet something new here. I hope we can destroy it, whatever it is.

I'm getting some Wayne Barlowe vibes from that last image.

We're definitely getting into some weird "alien angel" territory there.

Holy hell, October? I'll be dead of old age by then, lol. Guess I didn't make that connection when the date flashed during the world reveal.

But yes, the audio was exactly like that on the reveal... I think it was deliberately distorted, because the seraphim talks clearer than that.

I was mostly unswayed by a lot of it honestly, but I have the pass, so I'll be playing it in October. Hopefully it's awesome, a trailer doesn't tell us much.

Edited by Hellektronic

2 hours ago, NoXion said:

It's only just occurred to me now that the Ancient Gods in the title might be referring to the Wraiths.

Very possibly, it just crossed my mind as well. Nobody knows where the wraiths came from, or why, but they have wraith energy, which seems to be like the cosmic opposite of hell energy somehow? I dunno, it's almost too vague about it to say anything.

3 hours ago, BluePineapple72 said:

Here’s what I got: 

“We have been allies for some time now...

I knew who you were the moment you stepped foot into our world...

We work to resurrect the only ones who can save this world...

(?) and now we honor to server the gods(?)...

... yet again.”

Thats what I managed to get after a few viewings. Some parts of this are still hard to understand. 

"We have been allies for some time now..."

"I knew who you were the moment you set foot into our world..."

"Your gifts are owed to us now."

"We work to resurrect the only ones who can save this world."

"And may we be honored to serve the gods... yet again."

You pretty much got almost everything right.

Looks good. I hope there is some reasonable amount of gameplay.

I'm guessing the summoner has been repurposed to be a spirit that possesses demons (assuming it enhances them) and you have a small window to kill it before it possesses another. Perhaps it can summon a new host if you eliminate all other demons around it.

Edited by Chezza

Darin De Paul's tweet about the trailer (Hayden voice actor) was delete shortly after for probably revealing too much... thought it was interesting to say the least.

Spoiler

83a2bb43vlj51.png

I mean it's obvious at this point but the trailer tried to leave whoever was speaking ambiguous with misdirections.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper

51 minutes ago, Chezza said:

Looks good. I hope there is some reasonable amount of gameplay.

I'm guessing the summoner has been repurposed to be a  spirit that possesses demons (assuming it enhances them) and you have a small window to kill it before it possesses another. Perhaps it can summon a new host if you eliminate all other demons around it.

Sure as hell beats the Buff Totem...

I loved every bit of it except for Mr Hayden's inaudible voice and the whole "omg two Marauders at once" falls flat when Arch-Viles and the Ripatorium have given me that already.