Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtimZarr1

The Ancient Gods - Trailer and Release Date

DOOM Eternal: The Ancient Gods - Part One Official Trailer DOOM Eternal’s first campaign expansion, The Ancient Gods: Part One - available October 20, 2020.

Your war is not over… slaying the Khan Maykr left an imbalance of power that threatens all of creation. With the aid of an old ally, battle your way back to Urdak and decide the fate of the cosmos. Your mission is now your own.

Official Trailer DOOM Eternal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=0KqsTyDHV5A&feature=emb_logo

https://slayersclub.bethesda.net/en/the-ancient-gods

DOOM_Hunter.jpg

Looks good, but I feel the art style department is taking a few too many liberties in regards to the game's style. I already felt that Eternal should have been at least as gritty as 2016, but they keep taking it more and more into some kind of weird high fantasy realm. It just doesn't have enough grit and atmosphere for me. Just my opinion, don't shoot me. I wish they would use the maps more effectively to convey a plot, rather than collectible story exposition cards. It just doesn't feel like Doom to me.

On 9/18/2020 at 7:02 AM, AtimZarr1 said:

Notes from the recent EGX livestream:

* DLC comes with Battlemode.

* The Ancient Gods is the conclusion of the Samuel Hayden arc and Doom Slayer being found in the sarcophagus from 2016.

* (Urdak) forest is in the last level.

* The Spirit prioritizes Heavies mostly, will not enter Empowered Demons, and is to be usable in Master Levels.

* There are never more than two Marauders at once. There is an encounter where you fight a purposely buffed Marauder.

I love the fact that ID is doubling down on the Marauders but when the DLC comes out i'm gonna be so sick of having to deal with people not understanding how to fight them and then calling the enemy bad design. There are still people who believe this. Gonna have to prepare myself for this second wave of stupid arguments I will see online lol.

Holy fuck. The soundtrack for Ancient Gods better get it's own release, or so help me, I'm gonna march into id's office and indiscriminately slap people with a pool noodle until it does!

11 hours ago, Man of Doom said:

And now we have a new sampler of both Andrew’s and David’s work:

Very nice.

6 hours ago, Komenja said:

Holy fuck. The soundtrack for Ancient Gods better get it's own release, or so help me, I'm gonna march into id's office and indiscriminately slap people with a pool noodle until it does!

Please do. And live stream your trial so I can see the look on people's faces when they get told your weapon of choice.

I got this email a few hours ago. It confirms a launch trailer on the 20th. I do wonder if the DLC will release at midnight (like the base game did) or after their 10:00 AM livestream.

dWA8VQW.png

EDIT:

Also achievement names. Not sure when these were updated:

7bcqFPF.png

Edited by AtimZarr1

On 10/14/2020 at 10:50 PM, Murdoch said:

Please do. And live stream your trial so I can see the look on people's faces when they get told your weapon of choice.

Excellent idea! That way everyone will get to see Donna leap over the front desk and dropkick my ass.

We're getting closer, does anyone have any expectations?

Would be weird the OST getting its release, compared to the main game's.

On 10/15/2020 at 6:50 PM, AtimZarr1 said:

Also achievement names. Not sure when these were updated:

7bcqFPF.png

"Support Runes", hm?

1 hour ago, Doomfan993 said:
  Hide contents

wr6I3HP.png

more info about the new achievement.

Interesting spoiler considering

Spoiler

the base game's achievements have "Kill the Doom Hunters", "Kill the Khan Maykr" and "Kill the Icon of Sin" as their wording for finishing boss fights. Although it also has "Best the Gladiator" for that boss fight's achievement, which turned out to be a kill.

9 hours ago, chemo said:

"Support Runes", hm?

I wonder if these are the new abilities the steam page was referring to

Spoiler
3 hours ago, AtimZarr1 said:

the base game's achievements have "Kill the Doom Hunters", "Kill the Khan Maykr" and "Kill the Icon of Sin" as their wording for finishing boss fights. Although it also has "Best the Gladiator" for that boss fight's achievement, which turned out to be a kill

I don't Doomguy will actually end up killing Samur Maykr/ Samuel Hayden. Even though they seem to disagree a lot, they are both still working against Hell. Also, what do you think the title Regime Change indicates?

3 hours ago, Hunting4r2d2 said:

I wonder if these are the new abilities the steam.....

Hide contents

.... Also, what do you think the title Regime Change indicates?

Probably refers to beating the DLC, which will probably result in a shift of control from demons to makyrs before dlc 2 which will require once more into the foray to balance it (heaven and hell need to equal each other).

On 10/17/2020 at 8:22 PM, AtimZarr1 said:

Interesting spoiler considering

Hide contents

the base game's achievements have "Kill the Doom Hunters", "Kill the Khan Maykr" and "Kill the Icon of Sin" as their wording for finishing boss fights. Although it also has "Best the Gladiator" for that boss fight's achievement, which turned out to be a kill.

Which means he (who you defeat) comes back for Ancient Gods Part 2 :)

Is id planning to launch this expansion as a standalone game? Because I just searched on Steam and the season-pass page was deleted, I wonder what will happen with those who already bought the season pass.

13 minutes ago, MajorTomCL said:

Is id planning to launch this expansion as a standalone game? Because I just searched on Steam and the season-pass page was deleted, I wonder what will happen with those who already bought the season pass.

I'm not seeing it on Bethesda's store either.

Yeah, it's Standalone, my take is that Users with the Season pass should get the Standalone game for free.

On 10/17/2020 at 8:36 AM, Hunting4r2d2 said:

Also, what do you think the title Regime Change indicates?

Spoiler guess:

Spoiler

After the Slayer defeats Samur, the Father is fully re-instated into Urdak's systems. With the realm under his control once again, the Maykrs will be freed from Argent Energy and demonic influence - hence "Regime Change". I'm not sure what is Samur's fate, but he'll likely still be alive.

After that, the Father will open a dimensional gateway to the domain of the Dark Lord of Hell. This is so that the Slayer can finish the fight against Hell and conclude the story that began in 2016. This will be where Part I ends probably - or a similar cliffhanger.

4 hours ago, jamondemarnatural said:

Yeah, it's Standalone

Since the new achievements are part of the base game, it's likely the DLC will also be part of the base game and not its own standalone game (like Wolfenstein: The Old Blood).

4 hours ago, MajorTomCL said:

Because I just searched on Steam and the season-pass page was deleted

Some people on the Steam forums were sharing this link to access the season pass: https://store.steampowered.com/sub/370432/

Weirdly enough, the release date on that season pass has a typical placeholder of "December 31, 2020".

Does Bethesda Launcher support preloads? Right now The Ancient Gods Part 1 doesn't show up in my games list. Since it is also launched as a standalone, I expected it to show up there, as Doom 64 did after buying the Deluxe Edition.

4 hours ago, AtimZarr1 said:

Spoiler guess:

Reveal hidden contents

After the Slayer defeats Samur, the Father is fully re-instated into Urdak's systems. With the realm under his control once again, the Maykrs will be freed from Argent Energy and demonic influence - hence "Regime Change". I'm not sure what is Samur's fate, but he'll likely still be alive.

After that, the Father will open a dimensional gateway to the domain of the Dark Lord of Hell. This is so that the Slayer can finish the fight against Hell and conclude the story that began in 2016. This will be where Part I ends probably - or a similar cliffhanger.

Since the new achievements are part of the base game, it's likely the DLC will also be part of the base game and not its own standalone game (like Wolfenstein: The Old Blood).

Some people on the Steam forums were sharing this link to access the season pass: https://store.steampowered.com/sub/370432/

Weirdly enough, the release date on that season pass has a typical placeholder of "December 31, 2020".

Yeah, I tried adding the DLC to my cart but Steam cancelled the transaction and then said that I already owned the game (I think it was refering to Eternal, which is weird cuz I was actually trying to buy the pass, not the game).

3 minutes ago, AtimZarr1 said:

Launch trailer.

Since Doom 2016s and Eternals trailer spoiled the final boss I won't watch this one...

13 minutes ago, igg said:

Since Doom 2016s and Eternals trailer spoiled the final boss I won't watch this one...

You are right, don't watch it if you don't want to be spoiled.

Spoilers about the ending frames.

Spoiler

image.png.1620e1deb8d42995762a4e4e0a267dad.pngThis would be a enemy, or the slayer without he armour, Samur Maykr or just another slayer that works along side Samur Maykr

24 minutes ago, jamondemarnatural said:

Spoilers about the ending frames.

Hide contents

image.png.1620e1deb8d42995762a4e4e0a267dad.pngThis would be a enemy, or the slayer without he armour, Samur Maykr or just another slayer that works along side Samur Maykr

Is the Slayer, he already had markings and scars in the intro from 2016. Also, is that the Quake logo?

23 minutes ago, MajorTomCL said:

Also, is that the Quake logo?

Yeah, that's pretty much Quake Logo, i don't remenber ever seeing a simbol like that across all Doom Eternal.

I managed to see the trailer from the YT video before it went down, but now i'm seeing it again and will make some comments/observations from the reupload.

This is also like one day before the release.

Also, spoilers.

Maybe have also missed something or misunderstood it but eh.

Spoiler

* There's that fancy location that i already said looked like something out of Wayne Barlowe.

* More of the UAC sea station with more platforms and ships. (both on water and one in air)

* Doomguy grabs a mysterious object then leaves.

* The supposed Hell swamps, there's some blue thing which looks like something important being shielded.

* More of the Urdak red forest, with some weird glowing yellow light symbols near a tree and the pond.

* More of the water base.

* Those tentacle things are soon revealed to be the Urdak version of those falling platforms in Hell, introduced in the Exultia chapter.

* Shark will probably be something from a cutscene, but i see something green glowing in the background, so who knows.

* Giant tentacle, possibly a boss fight and the closest we could ever get to fight a titan or just another big thing after the IOS.

* UAC base being destroyed.

* Doomguy activates some electrified pillars, which will change the way how a fight occurs. (it also means he could use them for cover but at the possible cost of them harming him too)

* The tentacle Urdak platforms and a tree being punched, to clear the path. (two of them actually)

* The green ghost dog returns and he looks like he's sacrificing himself(?).

* More of the Blood Angels and a unique looking Urdak prop with a glowing ring around it.

* UAC base being destroyed and on fire during gameplay, we even see a huge container carried by rope.

* Swimming section probably happening during this mayhem.

* Double Marauder scene.

* Return of the eye turrets, with a unique use where they're placed inside some opening cube made of floating parts that seperate and close again.

* Dread-knight under Spirit i think.

* Samur's true form?

* His stage also changes because of those platforms and he even has Blood Angels assisting him.

* Samur shoots 3 fireballs at once and i think he teleports? So he's like the Kahn Maykr with some Prowler abilities kinda.

* Doomguy walking to some robed Maykrs, who may be giving him something special.

* This could be Doomguy's back, considering 2016 started off with him naked inside a tomb and he had a sigil or two tattoo'd on him. (it'd also make sense him having his new trademark symbol on his back)