Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtimZarr1

The Ancient Gods - Trailer and Release Date

4 hours ago, Eurisko said:

Fucking Marauders. 

Seconded. 

8 minutes ago, Hunting4r2d2 said:

Anyone else noticed the yellow eggs in the hell level, I wondered what will happen if we shoot them ;)

Two marauder dogs emerge...

Looks like the Summoners were important all along, and not just cheap substitutes for Archviles. Amusing.

10 hours ago, Job said:

Seconded.  

Of course you'd second the notion of "fucking marauders". :p

1 hour ago, NoXion said:

Looks like the Summoners were important all along, and not just cheap substitutes for Archviles. Amusing.

So good to see them back!! I was total bummed when I found out they'd been removed.

Honestly they sound like different voices. Samuel's at the end is a little more clear.

Maybe either voices from different times (first one from pre-history, second from the game), or two different characters.

Hugo's been making a few posts on Reddit:

DLC related

- He called the new Maykr enemy "Blood Angel" [source].

- He confirmed the Seraphim's lines in the trailer [source]. Interestingly, this user suggested the final line was "you are given the honor to serve the gods yet again", which sounds correct when listening to the trailer again.

- He said we'll see the "dragons" and "mech ogres" in the DLCs [source]. The creatures were first seen in this image wallpaper before the game's launch but didn't appear in the actual game.

- Regarding a deleted Darin De Paul tweet that mentioned an "ever-evolving" Hayden, Hugo posted that it's all in the lore already [source].

Not DLC related

- Super Gore Nest Master Level "incoming" with a set of challenges and rewards [source]. The challenges and rewards were mentioned a while back, but I'm not sure what timeframe "incoming" means. Next update?

- Regarding the possibility of a playable Doom Hunter in Battlemode, he replied with a vague "Hmmmmmmm" [source]. This doesn't really confirm or deny anything though.

Additionally in today’s panel, it’s been confirmed that the DLC soundtrack is a collaboration between Andrew Hulshult and David Levy, as well as the blue Summoner being called a “Spirit”.

Good to hear that 2 people are in the Sountrack, this is understable to do after the HUGE work that was on Mick Gordon hands, but at least they have the Mick feel.

1 hour ago, Man of Doom said:

Additionally in today’s panel, it’s been confirmed that the DLC soundtrack is a collaboration between Andrew Hulshult and David Levy, as well as the blue Summoner being called a “Spirit”.

Could you give a link for this panel?

Edit: Found it

Edited by Hunting4r2d2

31 minutes ago, Man of Doom said:

I'm not familiar with David Levy. Google turns up a whole bunch of people.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/doom-eternal/ancient-gods-dlc-price

Some interesting info I found about the DLC from an interview:

- You don't actually need to own the base game in order to purchase and play the DLC (was not expecting this but I absolutely love that they're doing it)

- You will be allowed to buy the Ancient Gods Part I as a stand alone package without having to pay for the full season pass

- Hugo says that they're treating the DLC like a second part of a film and claims that it will be as grand as the base game

- Says the DLC will ramp up the difficulty (which was kinda obvious)

It's a standalone game? On the one hand that is definitely cool, but on the other hand, does this mean that those who already own DE have to basically have two installations? Or will they do something clever and use the assets from DE if it's already installed?

Makes me wonder how big this DLC is gonna be.

seems to me that doom eternal and its dlc will be like how the Wolfenstein the new order and Wolfenstein the old blood were.

8 minutes ago, terrcraftguy695 said:

seems to me that doom eternal and its dlc will be like how the Wolfenstein the new order and Wolfenstein the old blood were.

The Old Blood was quite huge and added major visual improvements.

The Ancient Gods part 1 seems to have about 3 levels (maybe 2 if the hell section is part of the UAC sea base level, similar to city of Hebeth). Together with part 2 it may be 6 levels, just half the size of Doom Eternal. That's still good but not The Old Blood size. 

1 minute ago, igg said:

The Old Blood was quite huge and added major visual improvements.

The Ancient Gods part 1 seems to have about 3 levels (maybe 2 if the hell section is part of the UAC sea base level, similar to city of Hebeth). Together with part 2 it may be 6 levels, just half the size of Doom Eternal. That's still good but not The Old Blood size. 

I don't think part one is just 3 levels because of this quote from this article https://www.pcgamesn.com/doom-eternal/ancient-gods-dlc-price

“Most people would associate DLC with being of smaller scope – it’s kind of like the made for TV version of the movie, and the movie was the main game,” Hugo continues. “For us, this is very much like a two-part film – this is every bit as grand as the main game was.”

4 minutes ago, igg said:

just half the size of Doom Eternal. That's still good but not The Old Blood size.  

According to howlongtobeat.com, The New Order's "main story" takes an average 11.5 hours to complete while The Old Blood's "main story" takes an average of 6 hours to complete. That's close to half of the original game's length.

At least the change of the engine make the GB of the game feel less Opressive that in older iD Tech games.

43 minutes ago, terrcraftguy695 said:

“Most people would associate DLC with being of smaller scope – it’s kind of like the made for TV version of the movie, and the movie was the main game,” Hugo continues. “For us, this is very much like a two-part film – this is every bit as grand as the main game was.”

Nice find, I would certainly enjoy a bigger scope :-)

2 minutes ago, igg said:

Nice find, I would certainly enjoy a bigger scope :-)

Also, I believe Hugo said in the QuakeCon 2020 panel that in terms of story structure nu-doom follows this

DOOM 2016= Star Wars: A New Hope.

Doom Eternal = Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.

Doom Eternal: The Ancient Gods Part 1 & 2 = Star Wars: Return of the Jedi

6 minutes ago, terrcraftguy695 said:

Also, I believe Hugo said in the QuakeCon 2020 panel that in terms of story structure nu-doom follows this

DOOM 2016= Star Wars: A New Hope.

Doom Eternal = Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.

Doom Eternal: The Ancient Gods Part 1 & 2 = Star Wars: Return of the Jedi

Poor choice of comparison, since this means the series has already peaked and it's only downhill from here

Here are some interesting things I noticed from the Gamescon panel:

-Marty says they're really close to finishing the switch port

-They confirmed the swamp level takes place in hell

-They told Andrew and David to create their own style of music rather than trying to copy Mick

-The piece of music we hear in the trailer was composed by David Levy

-Hugo said they're going to tell the story between 2016 and Eternal with codex entires/illustrations on the Slayer's Club

-Players will have all abilities unlocked at the start of the DLC

-New enemies are designed to get players to use more underutilized equipment/weapons; this is seen with the Spirit (the blue summoner) who upon possessing a Demon makes them resistant to Ballista damage, buffs their health, renders their weak-pints indestructible, and makes them immune to stagger. Upon killing the Spirit's host the player will be given a few seconds to kill it before she posses another demon. She can only be destroyed with the microwave beam (which is a homage to ghost busters).

-Super Gore Nest master level will release alongside the DLC and will be available to everyone

I'm interested in the Spirit's role and it reminds me of how the mod VDP (Vanilla Doom Plus) had an enemy that after getting killed, would spawn its spirit leaving its body and resurrecting a dead enemy with possession.

I wonder if the illustrations on the Slayer's Club could be in the expansion itself, like the codex having its own art gallery. (sometimes i'm too OCD when it comes to preservating media and content)

id comparing the new Doom's to Star Wars may not be far off considering the direction of the new Doom universe seems to lean closer to that or even some superhero franchises and LOTR, even though classic Doom had a different scope. (was thinking if the phrase "new Doom is an adventure and old Doom is a mission" could describe how each one feels)

I'm also curious about the water base and whether or not that one cutscene with the submarine confirms more swimming sections.