Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Old-Doomguy

Collection of kid friendly mods?

So the kid really enjoyed Square. But it's a tad too difficult with both jumping, freelook and crouch. A bit overwhelming. Will try that Voxeldoom as well :)

5 hours ago, Old-Doomguy said:

So the kid really enjoyed Square. But it's a tad too difficult with both jumping, freelook and crouch. A bit overwhelming. Will try that Voxeldoom as well :)

I would definitely try the Wool Ball games. They're a lot simpler, but still a lot of fun.

The Given

Maskim Xul Map01

Super Mayhem 17 + Mario Patch + "Bubble Em" + "No Ultra-Violence"

TBH I think this is a really dumb. Why not instead of a shooter let your kid play something wholesome, like Abzu, The Gardens Between, Archaica, Scribblenauts, Into The Breach or Stardew Valley. That's just a few ideas from my library.

Edited by <<Rewind

Ask your wife if Heretic would be okay. It's a fantasy game about shooting magic at monsters. Maybe she'll approve when there's no guns. There's also lots of Heretic wads to try out. If Heretic gets a pass you could also try Amid Evil. If even Heretic is too violent, I'm going to almost guarantee that Hocus Pocus Doom mod isn't oging to give your kid any nightmares. Then there's Sonic Robo Blast, which is pretty much 3D sonic in a modified Doom engine. Then as others have pointed out, Adventures Of Square. Also, try out Star Wars total conversion Doom wads. Also, Super Mario Doom.

Edited by Samuel Slayer

1 hour ago, <<Rewind said:

Super Mayhem 17 + Mario Patch 

These two Mods contain Gore, "Kid-Friendly" not "Semi Kid-Friendly"

1 hour ago, <<Rewind said:

TBH I think this is a really dumb. Why not instead of a shooter let your kid play something wholesome, like Abzu, The Gardens Between, Archaica, Scribblenauts, Into The Breach or Stardew Valley. That's just a few ideas from my library.

Btw, Some of these Games you mentioned Include Guns And/Or Gun-like Weapons (I think? Tbh I don't have a good Memory)

33 minutes ago, HitBoi64 said:

These two Mods contain Gore, "Kid-Friendly" not "Semi Kid-Friendly"

Yeah but I edited the post adding the gore removal: "Bubble Em" + "No Ultra-Violence"

Now, I tried it out and replacing Doom weapons and monsters to those also removes fun from the game for me.

33 minutes ago, HitBoi64 said:

Btw, Some of these Games you mentioned Include Guns And/Or Gun-like Weapons (I think? Tbh I don't have a good Memory)

ITB is a puzzle game like chess where you put mechs on the board and they shoot missiles at aliens that invade cities.

edit: it's free on Epic games store this week, coincidentally.

2 minutes ago, <<Rewind said:

Yeah but I edited the post adding the gore removal: "Bubble Em" + "No Ultra-Violence"

Now, I tried it out and replacing Doom weapons and monsters to those also removes fun from the game for me.

ITB is a puzzle game like chess where you put mechs on the board and they shoot missiles at aliens that invade cities.

edit: it's free on Epic games store this week, coincidentally.

But I wasn't asking for whats fun for us, but for kids :D

Bubble em was cool but I let him play that voxel doom, it was even less gory and more suitable.