Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hodapp87

Am I the only one that plays Doom in the dark?

It is utterly necessary to play in a dark room where there is only Doom on the PSX or N64. This equals a good, scary time to be had by all. And all that jazz.

being alone helps too...
the best is when the only sounds you can hear are from the game.
I like playing doom 64 because of the ambience, starting off in calm levels, and then gradually every level becomes more scarier..
(not really scary, but fun)

Doom in the dark...no thankyou.
Even when it fist came out and I played it, I did not find it scary at all(first grade). In fact, some of my best doom experiences have been in the backdrop of intense light. I played most of my doom at day, something which clicks instantly is first playing ep1m5(the best map of doom series in terms of design and monster location, best music and the most suspenseful) in broad daylight.
Sorry guys, but doom3 is a game to be played in the dark, Not doom.

DOOM Anomaly plays Doom in the dark, volume up, sometimes headphones...Cant wait for the Doom64 tc, then I'll kinda know what its like to play Doom64 in teh dark :D

Oh and psx Doom in the dark= Teh 1337 Doomness.

m0l0t0v said:

..hmmm was wondering why my vision has been reduced alot since I got my own puter.

Being by yourself when playing games in the dark is good but not a necessity really. Especially for those rare times when the person behind you watching the game, jumps at something scary in the game that scared you as well. Makes for good "game scares" stories :).

My friends and I would play PSX Doom Death Match in the dark all the time... That is until I caught them looking for the green flash on the walls after a BGF shot was fired. They were using it as an "incoming fire" warning to duck and hide. I put a stop to this by stuffing the door crack with a towell. Later on, I extended my link cable to 50 feet using speaker wire and we then could play in different rooms on either ends of the house.