Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quasar

End of the Doom Slayer's arc?

Hugo mentioned the blood swamps! It was referenced in Doom Eternal lore. It's where they turn the damned souls into demons, if I'm correct.

Does that mean that those who are used as Argent energy powering Urdak find salvation, like Khan Maykr says in her bossfight?

6 hours ago, Samuel Slayer said:

Hugo mentioned the blood swamps! It was referenced in Doom Eternal lore. It's where they turn the damned souls into demons, if I'm correct.

Demons are made from those who've had their soul extracted, we see the process in a cutscene in Doom Eternal.

The Blood Swamps are for Kalibas' rejects, they keep their damned soul and turn into Unwilling/Hell Zombies.

@Gez

I still contend that DOOM 3: Lost Mission and DOOM: Resurrection take place in separate universes. :p

As for the topic at hand, it'll be interesting to see how id wraps up the existing storyline with the DLC.  Personally, I'm hoping for some kind of closure.  I love the DOOM series but I think a return to Quake 1's universe is overdue.  (I also wouldn't mind a new single player IP despite how much I disliked Rage.)

That said, if id does choose to continue the DOOM Slayer's story, I hope it'll involve multiverse shenanigans and a passing of the torch.  I want to see a team-up between the various protagonists in the series.  I also want to see obscure characters like Phobos and Crash get their due.  The DOOM Slayer is damn near the most powerful being in the multiverse.  Somebody else can (and should) have a turn.

2 hours ago, Samuel Slayer said:

Then what are demons?

Hm... I think it's implied that the soulless corpses of the damned slowly mutate into demons? It's kind of vague about it though.

I think some demons still come to form differently.

I remember that Doom 64 had his premise of visiting different version of Hell in different cultures and wonder if that could have been a premise for a Doom game, to experiment on different art directions in a single game.

It could lead to needing a few more artists and some art style clash in the game but imagine revisiting different versions of Hell that existed in the series and some new stuff, some that seem like tributes or homages to Hell in different games or media. (something just to show the different planes of Hell in Doom)

I also remember some concept art for the Hellrazer bleeding orange(?) and how that could have made them like the Eternal Barons were they could be lava made or something.

I wonder if they even thought of tree demons, like weird demons that disguise as trees or something, then walk freely.

This is mostly because of the art style of the new games.

Like how the Baalgar in 2016 kinda looked like a rock golem deer so imagine an actual deer looking beast.

On 9/6/2020 at 2:10 PM, whatup876 said:

I remember that Doom 64 had his premise of visiting different version of Hell in different cultures and wonder if that could have been a premise for a Doom game, to experiment on different art directions in a single game.

THIS!!! I always figured the reason Hell looks so different between games is that Doomguy is in different regions, especially in Doom 64. If they're setting up the Dark Lord for the next game (or Ancient Gods part 2, which would be lame to reveal the big bad only in a DLC), then they could go this route. 

On 9/6/2020 at 2:10 PM, whatup876 said:

It's also worth mentioning that the Doom 64 renditions of the demons are implied to be mutated tissue due to the Motherdemon's resurrective powers corrupting their physical forms further, resulting in unpredictable effects ranging from the existence of Nightmare Imps to Pain Elementals/Cacodemons swapping their overall color palettes and forms.

On samedi 5 septembre 2020 at 10:38 PM, Samuel Slayer said:

Then what are demons?

Soulless husks.