Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quasar

End of the Doom Slayer's arc?

I mean like, if some ideas that could have worked in Doom in some capacity or something just won't happen because of lore reasons, when the series never really thought of its own story that much.

What i mean is what "can't" happen, as if lore suddenly becomes some sort of barrier.

I feel like experimenting with gameplay, art, design and some other areas is already "expanding" Doom in some ways.

I think one example can be with Hell because they don't really carry some interesting aspects from its original portrayal, while also feeling a bit more "limited" in some areas.

Maybe with Urdak too, because of whether or not there could have been another take on Heaven that could have also worked and if that dimension could have felt more than what it is right now.

With the comic book comparisons/inspirations, there technically being more than one type of Doom could fit how some comic series have different portrayals over time.

From what I gathered from speculations and details disclosed by Hugo Martin I assume that with

Spoiler

Hayden's """death"""

A new supporting character, most likely the arc intern, is gonna take his place, give 'em a game or two and yet another supporting character is gonna kick in

Doom Slayer won't be replaced with anything that can't Rip N Tear. You have a higher chance of playing as a Marauder in next game than The Slayer getting replaced with a normal human.

1 hour ago, Pegg said:

Doom Slayer won't be replaced with anything that can't Rip N Tear. You have a higher chance of playing as a Marauder in next game than The Slayer getting replaced with a normal human.

On 1/21/2021 at 12:12 PM, TenenteZashu said:

From what I gathered from speculations and details disclosed by Hugo Martin I assume that with

Reveal hidden contents

Hayden's """death"""

A new supporting character, most likely the arc intern, is gonna take his place, give 'em a game or two and yet another supporting character is gonna kick in

Maybe we will get connected to Doom 3 and the Guy from Resurrection of Evil :P

I am ready for the doomslayer arc to end. Rarely do things go on forever. Maybe Id Software has new cool ideas now. (Quake, pls...) But I just hope that they go on to pump as much Doom content as possible.

Thinking about it, it's kinda funny that God in the Doom universe was an AI, because Doom 2 RPG had the Icon of Sin also being "VIOS".

Imagine if the IOS was still alive and treated as a recurring villain, so we had two very powerfull AI's fighting each other to the point it puts reality at risk.

If mechs are ever used, i wonder if it's just Sentinels or we could even use UAC/ARC ones.

Or even somehow pilot a Titan. (like that one fake leak saying we would mount a Tyrant like a bull)