Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtticTelephone

Ideas for Sprites.

I wanted to make some sprites for a certain project I'm working on, and I had some ideas, which I don't know how to create.

1: A Phantasm Sphere like in the movies, replaces Lost Soul sprites.

2: An evil shotgunner, like a fully possessed and eviler version.

3: A flying baron.

I made some concept art with an online pixel tool.

entire_shotgunner-1.png.png.370683989344d453fa75b7b1f51a304b.pngIt's primitive, but it's good enough to be a sort of base.

I do not know how make a full spritesheet, since that would take a long time to do. I was thinking of asking someone to draw it for me, but I wouldn't know how to thank them.

On 9/2/2020 at 10:40 AM, AtticTelephone said:

I'm talking about a baron with wings and stuff.

Frankensprite it. Find some wings on another custom doom enemy and slap them on the baron

24 minutes ago, CyberDestroyer said:

So uh tell me, what are the things ive highlighted in blue in the pic below? tryna go by the picture

Capture.JPG

I tried to make him look like a Cenobite, it sorta worked. The top is a crown of spikes, the thing near the mouth is stitches, the shoulder things are spikes I guess, but the rest is unknown.

56 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

How? I only have paint.net.

1.You find the winged enemy

2.Open the sprites for the winged enemy and baron in paint.net

3.Cut out the wings in every frame with lasso select, (Cut out the wings by lasso selecting the wings and clicking the "crop to selection" tool)

4.Copy and paste the wings by separate layers and attack them on

5.Rinse & repeat and celebrate

There are winged baron sprites on Realm667, under the name Lord of Heresy. It's also been recoloured, but you can find a version with the original colours in The Rebirth.

Well, I guess whenever I have a cool sprite idea, I'm gonna tell someone else to make it. Hey who was that one guy in Doom -1 that made all the cool hybrid sprites?

10 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

Well, I guess whenever I have a cool sprite idea, I'm gonna tell someone else to make it. Hey who was that one guy in Doom -1 that made all the cool hybrid sprites?

Cmon now, dont give up! Its possible that your using the wrong version of paint.net. Or you couldve messed up a step. Try it again, either that or watch a paint.net tutorial. 

2 minutes ago, nue said:

Cmon now, dont give up! Its possible that your using the wrong version of paint.net. Or you couldve messed up a step. Try it again, either that or watch a paint.net tutorial. 

I think it's just the fact that Paint.net is not a spriting tool, also, I would absolutely hate doing every rotation, so I would probably ask someone else to do it for me using my concept as a base. Unless you can show me some cool trick or something, I can't sprite.

2 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

I think it's just the fact that Paint.net is not a spriting tool, also, I would absolutely hate doing every rotation, so I would probably ask someone else to do it for me using my concept as a base. Unless you can show me some cool trick or something, I can't sprite.

Spoiler

SHTGNGIF.gif.d3f150486f6a6adcdbe1664d733b68bb.gifMGUNGIF.gif.6083c557be88621753f3435af4071487.gifSSGGIF.gif.631d52a19d0cc6e0f41cded437c117df.gif

^ All done with paint.net. Paint.net is quite expendable and you can sprite with it very well

1 minute ago, nue said:
  Hide contents

SHTGNGIF.gif.d3f150486f6a6adcdbe1664d733b68bb.gifMGUNGIF.gif.6083c557be88621753f3435af4071487.gifSSGGIF.gif.631d52a19d0cc6e0f41cded437c117df.gif

^ All done with paint.net. Paint.net is quite expendable and you can sprite with it very well

The brush is useless, the bucket is useless and the magic wand does everything wrong. Besides, those are incredibly detailed and take a whole day to make.

1 minute ago, AtticTelephone said:

The brush is useless, the bucket is useless and the magic wand does everything wrong. Besides, those are incredibly detailed and take a whole day to make.

Well it seems as if you dont have confidence, im just gonna leave you off with this ZDooM forum that has been useful to me with shading. Even though hes using GIMP i still found much use out of it in paint.net. (Theres a tutorial further down the forum in a spoiler)

2 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

I think somethings wrong with the patch, since it crashed in PRBoom+

Works for me, whats the error message?

Also, im using gzdoom.

1 minute ago, CyberDestroyer said:

Works for me, whats the error message?

Also, im using gzdoom.

Something about the patch, also, when you're making something that isn't zdoom, use PRBoom+.