Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

Heir to the throne

Let's just suppose for a minute that Linguica and Mordeth got tired of running and updating Doomworld? Who would then take over and be the new Doomworld.com admin person? Would it be Arioch, or one of the news bitches? Or maybe one of the super mods?

Don't confuse me, I'm having problems enough.

I dunno, maybe Julian, and someone else. I don't care, as long as they didn't screw anything up.

Nope. It will be decided by a huge deathmatch battle with every member with more than 100 posts fighting all at the same time. Last one standing wins.

Ichor said:
Nope. It will be decided by a huge deathmatch battle with every member with more than 100 posts fighting all at the same time. Last one standing wins.

...so in other words me.

Two pays one that DoomWorld would be taken down completely and there would be a mad dash within what's left of the "community" to become the "next DW" or the "real DW".

Without this site, would there really be a coherent Doom community? Something to think about.

Ichor said:

I swear, I will show you a demo of how much I suck. As soon as I actually record a demo. And set up Zdaemon. :P

Ichor said:

Time to warm up the BFG then.

Not a supermod, mods and supermods help run the forums, not the site.

Currently, I am the admin, Mordeth is sometimes around but he's not around enough for me to really consider him the next in line. Same with Julian, he's absent a lot. Then comes arioch, who might but he barely does anything and doesn't really seem to care about Doomworld much anyway. Then comes Cyb and mewse and Katarhyne, who are fine as news updaters but I don't think any of them would want to actually run Doomworld. And that's the line of succession, really. No one that I would really feel comfortable handing DW over to if/when I left/leave.

An ideal replacement would be someone who actually still cared about Doom and would update often and would be able to maintain the site and even improve it, and there are few people like that around as far as I can tell.

Linguica said:

Currently, I am the admin, Mordeth is sometimes around but he's not around enough for me to really consider him the next in line. Same with Julian, he's absent a lot. Then comes arioch, who might but he barely does anything and doesn't really seem to care about Doomworld much anyway. Then comes Cyb and mewse and Katarhyne, who are fine as news updaters but I don't think any of them would want to actually run Doomworld. And that's the line of succession, really. No one that I would really feel comfortable handing DW over to if/when I left/leave.

An ideal replacement would be someone who actually still cared about Doom and would update often and would be able to maintain the site and even improve it, and there are few people like that around as far as I can tell.

if someone were to take over for you, they'd probably need php sk1llz to maintain all your scripts

Linguica said:

My ears are burning... :P

DOOM Anomaly said:

the thorne would be decided by a game of Rock-Paper-Scissors, best 2-outta-3.

Then you'd better get practising or coding. Paper-Clipping would probably work well in such a short match.

I'd vote for Boris Iwanski. He's around a lot, he's smart and cool and stuff, he knows PHP, etc.

Linguica said:

I do agree 100% with the above statement.

SaviourMike said:

A supermod.

Thank [higher power] then that I'm not a Super Mod :-)