Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

Rowdy Rudy II: POWERTRIP! Final Version RELEASED, now on idgames!

1 hour ago, Not Jabba said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Steve just used the credits as they were listed in the textfile. (although I got him to change DFF because I remembered that name change from Interception).

Either is fine, I just find DFF is easier to remember and say. 

Although Username DFF  originally seemed like an odd typo, but I'm assuming it was to keep the two lines names at the top of the poster. Either way it's still a cool poster and I loved that inclusion.

1 minute ago, DFF said:

Although Username DFF originally seemed like an odd typo, but I'm assuming it was to keep the two lines names at the top of the poster.

Bingo.

A bit late, but congrats on the Cacoward! This is one of my favorite releases of the year!

lol, I just had to check the text file to be sure, and it does indeed say Voltcom as intended, not Volticom (whew). I was gonna kick myself if I’d gotten that wrong, I’d already forgotten to include FrancisT18 on the credit graphic.

Ah well, these things happen, I don’t think there’s any doubt who made what map or where credit is due. I have a text file I’ve made up on my PC for the graphic resources as well which I’ll post soon here - I forgot to include these credits in the idgames release, which is flat out embarrassing.

How in the hell did you make weapon switching that fast?  I tried copying everything in the deHACKED file to fit mine, but the weapons actually ended up switching slower.

I noticed that the parameters in whackED4 were changed in the "states" (i.e 1,52 or 1, 108) menu so I'm assuming I'd have to copy those values as well?

19 minutes ago, Mr. LBN said:

How in the hell did you make weapon switching that fast?  I tried copying everything in the deHACKED file to fit mine, but the weapons actually ended up switching slower.

I noticed that the parameters in whackED4 were changed in the "states" (i.e 1,52 or 1, 108) menu so I'm assuming I'd have to copy those values as well?

You have to reserve an extra frame and use the unused states to change the offset of the sprite, so it will appear more at the bottom and consequently switch faster. The same when you are raising them.

You can find more about it here: 

1 hour ago, Noiser said:

You have to reserve an extra frame and use the unused states to change the offset of the sprite, so it will appear more at the bottom and consequently switch faster. The same when you are raising them.

Word up Noiser!  Got it to work with little trouble.  I had a .deh file that allowed for faster weapon switch, but I never thought of doing it this way.  The amount of deHACKED trickery people really have really conjured up makes me think of a "What if DOOM II had this, or that".

It's almost painful now to go back to the standard weapon switch speed.

Apologies for the slight bump, but just for posterity, I want to get the graphical credits laid down here:

• Rifle and shotgun sprites come from Alpha Doom
  • Rocket launcher sprite comes from Complex Doom
  • BFG sprite comes from the unused asset dump by Romero
  • Teleport fog and Revenant missile come from Freedoom
  • Zombieman sprite modified by Blue Max
  • Flamethrower zombie sprites heavily modified from Kick Attack!
  • Rocketman sprite comes from the Allied Marines Pack on R667
  • Imp sprites from Skulltag
  • "Impy Imp" sprites modified by D.E.A.D.
  • Blood Demon sprites modified by Eriance
  • Flying Mastermind sprites modified by Xaser and Quasar
  • HUD number graphics from Freedoom
  • Rudy HUD face by Xaser (originally for Zharkov) with heavy modifications by me

All other remaining sprites/graphics come from Alpha Doom, or have been heavily modified by yours truly.

As for the texture packs used:

Jimmy's modified Plutonia textures for Doom 2

Doom 1 textures for Doom 2 (good version)

..and a very small smattering from Hellrun, CC4 and other various sources..

Sorry I didn't get this included during the actual release, but I figure it's better to at least have the proper credits here for anyone who may be curious.

I think MAP03 Infiltration doesn't allow you to collect all 6 secrets.  I've dissected the map with IDCLIP cheats, have checked the editor and I can't simply find where the final secret is.  Is this just a bug, or is my brain bugged.  Image below (Purlple sectors are secrets):

1717625389_prboom-plus2020-12-3101-57-07-15.jpg.03e66b8291d70aed2f2b12c5bc2e898a.jpg

Near the far bottom right corner of the map, I see where the 6th secret is that hasn't been found yet:

screens.gif.947ad5538de97d3ee541025670fb8573.gif

The brick wall there opens up to reveal a cell and a switch

Thank you!  Will be working on some UV-MAX demos for this pWAD since it has a gunner style of play that I'm accustomed to, and hopefully encourage some other runners to maybe attempt to help me create a MAX table, or just ride solo.

I must say that I absolutely love this wad, seriously, I've only played three maps, and everything is perfect. I have high expectatives of this wad

@Mr. LBN, wow. That was gory =) I didn't expect you would begin with Map 3. Will you submit your demo on Doom Speed Demos subforum?

As for me, I coincidentally finished Map 3 today too, as a part of my future D2All UV-Max TAS.

I've been waiting the whole day for YT to process 1440p and 2160p qualities, but this might take forever. Here it is, in 1:39, 17 days of my free time =)

MAP01 and MAP02 are complete actually, but I specifically wanted to upload MAP03 since it's the most enjoyable one to speedrun so far.  I'm going to try to get a few more demos done before I start uploading to the subforum, and I might just switch over to the DSDA Port.

@Dimon12321 Your TAS runs are really something else, and I commend the patience and theorycrafting you put into making these as optimal as possible.  Keep it up!

Wow, excellent runs from both of you here! I’m really looking forward to seeing all the other maps UV-MAXed and TASed, watching this after months of staring at these assets in the editor makes me feel like it all paid off!

13 hours ago, Doomkid said:

I’m really looking forward to seeing all the other maps UV-MAXed and TASed, watching this after months of staring at these assets in the editor makes me feel like it all paid off!

You say this like all the maps were made just for us to beat them that way =) Although, I know what you mean.

What should the secret in Map18, Drowning Pits do/contain?

I tried looking at it in Doombuilder, but it just looks like a sector that was set to secret without a reason.

I also was not able to tag this secret in GZDoom.

@Seppe, as far to my knowledge, it is a placeholder for a secret. Doomkid asked the crew to include at least one secret in each map, and I suspect that @Solmyr put a placeholder to transform it into an actual secret later, but it never happened. I don't know why I didn't notice that in Beta days.

The only thing that comes to my mind is that door was supposed to be opened with a keycard which the player could find later in the game and return to that door to get some secret stuff.

@Seppe Nothing, it was just a placeholder for a secret as Dimon12321 said, but i forgot about it because i had to rework the later half of the level several times to avoid drawseg overflows, and implement the raising water level gimmick.

That was seriously a treat to watch, getting awesome videos made about wads I was heavily involved with by both MtPain27 and Coincident this year has been an honor, seriously.

NeedHealth, he did man (at 13:30 roughly) and he loved them!

24 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

That was seriously a treat to watch, getting awesome videos made about wads I was heavily involved with by both MtPain27 and Coincident this year has been an honor, seriously.

NeedHealth, he did man (at 13:30 roughly) and he loved them!

A bit unorthodox treat the extra maps as secret maps, but I can dig.

I look forward to not finishing this for a second time and loving every fucking minute of it.

So when are we kidnapping Doomkid and throwing him in the "Make '90s Doom knock offs that are actually awesome" dungeon?

Is one of the secrets in map 6 (I think) impossible to get in single?  I see that switch that lowers the center of the two-tiered platform, and I see that I can lower the outer part by hitting a certain lift... but it's very far and it doesn't seem possible to run to it.  Is that a secret, or is there another one in there somewhere I can't find?

(Don't spoil me on finding it, if it's something else, I just wanna know if I'm on a wild goose chase here)