Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

Rowdy Rudy II: POWERTRIP! Final Version RELEASED, now on idgames!

\o/ LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I've been keeping my eye on this project ever since this summer, which I've beaten RR1 since August. It may not be summer anymore, but god damn will this take me back to when I was melting under 95 degree weather w/ my broken AC Unit all while blasting through RR1 and other wads.

I believe I've found a oversight in map 10: Black Gold

In the last arena there is a lift tha lower with a Cyberdemon, but  on complevel 2, the recommended complevel for demo recording, the lift doesn't lower making UV-maxing impossible.

I believe the Cyberdemon touching the ceeling is the issue.

On complevel 9,11, default for PRboomPlus 2.5.1.4 and LZdoom I didn't find any problems.

Found a compatibility bug on map15.

I was playing on GZDoom v4.8.2 with compatibility mode set to "Default". When you clear the first room and kill the 4 Mancubi, the gate with two skulls (screenshot below) doesn't open. When I loaded an autosave to restart the level, this time with comp mode set to "Doom  (strict)", the door opened as it should. 

I figured this would be useful to report in case someone else gets stuck here.

Screenshot_Doom_20221103_185749.png

I remember playing Rowdy Rudy back then but seems like I miss this II, glad I found it recently! I have played maps 1-5 this evening sitting and I had great time! Just finding blue key in map 1 took me some time so I had to pause recording and look into doom builder for it, in next maps I didnt have this problem, enjoyable. Hope Ill comeback to play whole megawad. Not sure if tommorow but Ill see.

PS: (If anyone is going to watch these sorry for 3 parts, my bandicam can handle only 10 minutes of recording. ;)

I played another maps, had around 30 mins to spend so I played as much as I was able to. Good time!

PS: finally got editing software to compile these 10 minutes limited videos into 1!

New video of Rowdy Rudy is up on youtube, the 10th map gave me some hard time huh, good stuff but I had to rush it ;)

JUST STOPPING BY!

But wow @Doomkid from what I seen cool custom stuff as usual

Just wanted to play one more @DavidN as tribute for all the stuff he did for us through the years - super fun time and what a glorious teamup!

This Looks Nice that I Never seen This WAD Before I Like you Making Dehacked things I Should Play this WAD On October for Halloween Special

After a long time I have new pc so I can record again, if I didn't complete this I'd be incomplete. So here's map11 from pistol-start :)