Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SpammerMike

Female player models?

Right, now that I've gotten you to see what the hell it is I'm posting, here it is. Actually, it does have to do with sex. Should there be, for the women gamers, the option to play as a female marine? (different model, voice, even slightly altered storyline, perhaps etc) Afterall, by the time that point in the future rolls around, they should really have any remaining sexual equality issues ironed out.

Might as well have it as an option... there's nothing wrong with doing that, but I very, very strongly doubt that it's gonna happen. It means not only making a female model, but making sure all the reflective areas show the female model, making sure the death scenes show the female model, and tweaking the weapons so that it appears that a female is holding them. I doubt the guys at id are going to want to deal with it.

If they have female marines, they'd better darn well be homely-looking athletic buffed-up steroid girls, not freaking shapely half-naked armored supermodels.

I am only aware of one female model that has been created so far and thats Fred Nillson's favourite one, its the scantily clad girl lying in a sick-bay type area, cant remember where I read this but I think it was around e3 time, when nillson, willits etc were interviewed.

I dunno. But we have talked about this before, ages ago.

And yes, I'd prefer the female marines to be a little more soldier like but homely???
Nah, just Q2'ish - they were fine imo.

There should NOT be any female player models. This game is about telling a story. No sex please, only violence.

Funny how people link female characters with sex. I’m not certain, but I think Crash might make a cameo appearance along with Phobos... I've heard Sarge will.
I don’t see anything wrong with having the option to play as a female quake 2 style.

Ct_red_pants said:

Funny how people link female characters with sex.

It's the developers' fault. They're the ones who are obsessed chauvasists. Just look at that Unreal 2 thing with the person.

Cuz they always make the player models these busty babes either showing a lot of skin or wearing mettalic spandex. :) I just think it's distracting and unrealistic. It takes away from the story... the last thing in our mind should be sex when we're on a mars base that's just been taken over by hell.

Then again, maybe sex could be incorporated into the twisted surroundings a la Geiger. The final boss could be a gigantic cyborg vagina with horns that tries to eat you.... hmm... nah.

I agree, we need manly unreal tournament style female marines, possibly with the inclusion of beards.

Arioch said:

I agree, we need manly unreal tournament style female marines, possibly with the inclusion of beards.

No way, no facial hair, rofl. I wouldn't mind goodlooking female scientists for example. But no blonde bimbo's with huge breasts please, but something in between. I find myself attracted to women in white labcoats o_O

It will annoy me severly if I find any eventual female characters in Doom 3 and they're bimbo-styled.

Dubh said:

I am only aware of one female model that has been created so far and thats Fred Nillson's favourite one, its the scantily clad girl lying in a sick-bay type area, cant remember where I read this but I think it was around e3 time, when nillson, willits etc were interviewed.

Yeah.. i read that 2.. they put this model in a sickbay level

AndrewB said:

If they have female marines, they'd better darn well be homely-looking athletic buffed-up steroid girls, not freaking shapely half-naked armored supermodels.

Why? I'm sure the Marines have hot chicks, so why wouldn't they station some of them on Mars?

well.. the female marines need to look realistic.. not swimsuit models running around with a rocketlauncher. they need to be covered with as much protection as the doomguy.. the same suit or so.. and helmet.

BigBadGangsta said:

Why? I'm sure the Marines have hot chicks, so why wouldn't they station some of them on Mars?

Dude, I haven't seen as much as *one* single female soldier in real life that looked decent (as far as level of attraction goes) - all this shit about pretty female soldiers is only in movies, Hollywood movies typically.

If there are any female marines in Doom 3 they had better look like they can take it AND dish it out - they don't need to look 'homely', but if they look muscular and somewhat tough, sorta like the Q2 female models, then I'd be able to accept them.

If I see *one*, just one, female marine that looks like Lara Croft then I'm gonna puke.

Crix said:

... the last thing in our mind should be sex when we're on a mars base that's just been taken over by hell.

If your on a Mars base thats just been taken over by hell, and your thinking about sex, thats your own weird problem.

I completely think there should be female player models in DooM 3. I happen to know a couple of girls who are really looking forward to this game (one of them is buying a new computer just for it) and Im sure they'd really enjoy that option.

Disorder said:

I find myself attracted to women in white labcoats o_O

Heh, I know what you mean.

dsm said:

If I see *one*, just one, female marine that looks like Lara Croft then I'm gonna puke.

I'm sure some of us would run around through the base with a huge boner, forgetting about the flesheating zombies and demons, trying to get it on with some chicks.

HAMMER-STROKE said:

i think that female marine in aliens 2 should do the trick

Damn straight.

I'm going to have to Agree
Marine bimbos = no
something along the lines of the marines from Quake 2 or Unreal tournament would rock though. I'm not against playing a female character. In fact, my brother PREFERS it.

doomedout said:

What's wrong with big breasted females in lab coats?

Sex appeal doesn't feel right in a frightening Doom environment, that's what's wrong.

This is Doom, not Duke Nukem.

seriously. who cares what they look like? it's a good idea anyway. customisation is always good. why not go deeper that male/female? we've even had cyborgs before!! judging by the picture at the end of doom, the guy that save sthe world is fat and ginger!! i'm sure most people, no matter what shape they were, would pick up that readily avaliable shotgun and start blasting instead of cowering in a corner waiting to be pulled apart by flesh eating demons. you know. i guess...

ghost said:

judging by the picture at the end of doom, the guy that save sthe world is fat and ginger!!

Look harder dude, he's not fat and Ginger - it's only the way he stands and the way the artist did his armour that makes him look fat.

And my opinion on this stands firm: Only include female marines if they look tough - I'm tired of cheesy-ass super model amazons.

...don't get me wrong, i do agree. if they were super models, they'd probably be more worried about breaking their nails and stuff!! bwa-haa!!