Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dr.Ferret

How do I make a custom doom episode?

You’d use a Doom Builder program to create the levels and a program called Slade3 to merge them all together, both can be found easily through Google. Making a custom episode select screen is also possible, but I’d worry about that after you have a handful of maps made.

Like I said in the other thread, you have to create a MAPINFO lump with SLADE3. You'll have to look around for MAPINFO tutorials for that. ZDOOM wiki is your friend.

If you're still stumped about any parts of the process after doing some research, have a look at the .wad file for a custom episode already released, open it up in SLADE and have a look around at the file structure. You can probably get something up and running just by replacing the existing maps with your own and saving that out, once you have a couple maps done. It's best to eventually make the file from scratch, but depending on how much & what type of content you intend to include, there are various stumbling blocks - so working from an existing mod can be helpful at first.