Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CyberDestroyer

How are you guys doing on this late night?

Recommended Posts

Im doing quite fine!

Making a doom map and chugging one too many cans of diet pepsi, i also have tyler1 and greekgodx playing minecraft in the background.

 

In one word: chilling.

Share this post


Link to post

I got back from work a few hours ago and I just finished rewatching season 1 of Cobra Kai. Now I am about to go to sleep since it's about 1:15AM.

Share this post


Link to post

It's 6:22 pm, I finished editing a client video and got paid a few hours ago. Now I'm just quietly enjoying the rest of my Saturday night Dooming and watching YouTube videos before I crack into two other different client projects I'll be editing throughout most of next week.

Share this post


Link to post

And here's 11:40AM, just finished cleaning up my room and now I'm enjoying a cup of tea.

Share this post


Link to post

15:43 pm, just staying alone in my boarding house while nervously waiting for online college to start on September 14.

I've got some plans here and there for productivity. Gotta stop procrastinating too.

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, Maximum Matt said:

It's only 6pm where I'm at

 

17 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

It's 6:22 pm, I finished editing a client video and got paid a few hours ago. Now I'm just quietly enjoying the rest of my Saturday night Dooming and watching YouTube videos before I crack into two other different client projects I'll be editing throughout most of next week.

 

So many Australians love Doom. I'm so glad about that. You find a bunch of old wads made by Aussies on idgames. Back in 2002 when I visited Australia a friend of my dad's from his job gave me a Doom Heaven CD. I already had a lot of wads by that point, but I didn't care, it was such an awesome gesture and my brother and I had a lot of fun messing around with the wads, as crummy as most of them were. [/completely off topic tangent but it's 6:41 PM here in Bateman's Bay as well so it triggered this memory that I then blabbed about in this very post]

 

Sounds like you're having a relaxing night CyberDestroyer. I've been home all day loafing around because I'm sick, my inner ear is sore as FUCK and I'm just doped up on medicine, so I didn't think it was a good idea to go anywhere. So I've been spamming Doomworld a shitload today. Jesus, I can't stop rambling, it's the mediciation, I swear.

Share this post


Link to post

Well, it's actually 9.45am where I am.

 

I'm enjoying a cup of coffee while being captivated by my dog chasing its tail in a never ending quest to catch it. I admire her persistence, even if it is futile.

 

It serves as suitable entertainment while I drink my coffee, so I can't complain.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I can't sleep before 2 AM so I stopped trying to sleep before that.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Pegg said:

I can't sleep before 2 AM so I stopped trying to sleep before that.

 

Likewise. My 3-year bout with depression royally fucked up my sleep schedule and because I work with international clients nowadays, it never truly recovered. Night Owls rise up! 

Share this post


Link to post

I have a very, very rare case of the blues. Been having issues with my new map + Slade + pk3 textures. Been at it all day and can't get my map finished to upload. I'm so frustrated. On top of that I'm going through some really big family dramas. All this shit has got me doooown today. If i were a drinker, I'd be drinking pretty hard today.

I never write posts like these but venting a bit has helped a little.

Share this post


Link to post

It's gone 10AM and I'm enjoying my morning coffee here in sunny Blighty. I got up about an hour ago. Over the past year and a half I've been trying to maintain good sleep hygiene, because getting a good night's sleep is essential to maintaining mental acuity and long-term physical health. There's lots of important maintenance type stuff that your body does during sleep. Memory formation, muscle repair, that kind of thing.

My plans for this morning involve rolling a bifter and then probably playing some shovelware WADs. Time spent in unstructured activity.

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, Pegg said:

I can't sleep before 2 AM so I stopped trying to sleep before that.

You can trust that ive stopped sleeping for good a loooong time ago haha

 

2am for me rn

Share this post


Link to post

11am, having the first coffee and the first cigarette of the day, and checking the online world

Share this post


Link to post

1pm here, I'm staring at screen, thinking what to do next. I guess, that "next" will be clean my room, to do my homework and prepare list for shopping, later I might stream again or play some games. Life is good and I need take it from much as I can.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Biodegradable said:

Likewise. My 3-year bout with depression royally fucked up my sleep schedule and because I work with international clients nowadays, it never truly recovered. Night Owls rise up! 

 

Or werewolves 1.0 .

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, NoXion said:

It's gone 10AM and I'm enjoying my morning coffee here in sunny Blighty. I got up about an hour ago. Over the past year and a half I've been trying to maintain good sleep hygiene, because getting a good night's sleep is essential to maintaining mental acuity and long-term physical health. There's lots of important maintenance type stuff that your body does during sleep. Memory formation, muscle repair, that kind of thing.

My plans for this morning involve rolling a bifter and then probably playing some shovelware WADs. Time spent in unstructured activity.

 

I can attest to that, insomnia is no joke. Night owl by default.

 

It used to be pretty rough and I would often go 48-72 hours before I could sleep. Then the weekend would come around and it all caught up with me, I'd sleep for 10-12 hours and wake up with a sore head from oversleeping. It definitely has an impact on mental health, and it's true about hallucinating after a certain point.

 

At first, around the 72 hour mark, you start seeing things at the peripheral of your vision. You spin around but nothing is there, you know nothing is there but it doesn't stop you looking. But it's after that point, around 80-84 hours, where things get surreal. You start to actually hallucinate, especially in low light conditions or at night time.

 

But it was the heart palpitations that forced me to try and manage it, that was especially disturbing for someone still in his 30's and physically healthy. I never went beyond the 84 hour mark, I would finally be exhausted and fall asleep by that point. But that was near the end when my insomnia was really bad.

 

These days I'm fine, I occasionally get the odd 24 hour stretch but otherwise have no problem sleeping. Point is I couldn't agree more with your post. If I were to add anything to it then I'd say keep a handle on stress. It's usually what causes insomnia in the first place.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Final Verdict said:

 

I can attest to that, insomnia is no joke. Night owl by default.

 

It used to be pretty rough and I would often go 48-72 hours before I could sleep. Then the weekend would come around and it all caught up with me, I'd sleep for 10-12 hours and wake up with a sore head from oversleeping. It definitely has an impact on mental health, and it's true about hallucinating after a certain point.

 

At first, around the 72 hour mark, you start seeing things at the peripheral of your vision. You spin around but nothing is there, you know nothing is there but it doesn't stop you looking. But it's after that point, around 80-84 hours, where things get surreal. You start to actually hallucinate, especially in low light conditions or at night time.

 

But it was the heart palpitations that forced me to try and manage it, that was especially disturbing for someone still in his 30's and physically healthy. I never went beyond the 84 hour mark, I would finally be exhausted and fall asleep by that point. But that was near the end when my insomnia was really bad.

 

These days I'm fine, I occasionally get the odd 24 hour stretch but otherwise have no problem sleeping. Point is I couldn't agree more with your post. If I were to add anything to it then I'd say keep a handle on stress. It's usually what causes insomnia in the first place.

 

 

Well this is freaky, because im not even above 20 and my sleep schedule is shit

constant all nighters or like 2 hours of sleep

explains why i feel like im being watched, the missing sleep is getting me lol

Share this post


Link to post

Its just past afternoon here. About to watch the Grand Prix Qualification, and in the evening, a TV show and covering Realms Deep.
 

5 minutes ago, CyberDestroyer said:

Well this is freaky, because im not even above 20 and my sleep schedule is shit

constant all nighters or like 2 hours of sleep

explains why i feel like im being watched, the missing sleep is getting me lol

Untitled.thumb.jpg.a57a6b357d6e74d1a4b84

Share this post


Link to post

Well: it's 10:18pm on a Tuesday where I am..........thanks to some help r'cd here, I figured out an ACS scripting problem I'd been experiencing, so I am a happy camper!

Share this post


Link to post

It's 1 am. I am scrolling through doomworld. I have an exam on Friday I have to take a 3 hour drive to take. I have assignments due tomorrow. I am trying not to think about it.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×