Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrthejoshmon

Old Trash Game Recommendations?

I love trash games, I play them more than actual good games as they entertain me with how tremendously they fail.

I'm looking for some more trash to play from the 5th and 6th generation of games specifically (PS1/N64/3DO era and the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube era) and the "DOS Doom Clone Era" because I believe this was the golden age of garbage games, the 4th gen had some abominations but they were too simplistic to fully shit the bed in spectacular ways and the 7th gen onward's garbage is mainly money grabbing soul-less shite or horrendous unity abortions.

I've tried perusing around looking for lists of terrible games from around that period but I just keep finding cookie cutter lists of the exact same games, usually with something obvious like Bubsy 3D in it, occasionally I find something like Armorines: Project S.W.A.R.M or Virtuoso but end up usually seeing played out things like Rascal or whatever movie tie in game decided to make a mess in the bed.

I'm looking for some seldom touched niche garbage that there isn't much about, I will look into DOS games like Angst (literally the only video I know of about this game) as well as I think a good jank DOS FPS game is always a good laugh too.

Spoiler

And yes, I am totally asking you for ideas for my terrible YouTube channel, it has been a while since I played some worthwhile garbage.

I don’t know if NES era trash is of any interest, but if it is, check out the dreck by Waixing or Sachen or any number of famicom bootleggers. Dear god.

I would actually recommend this game that I took a piss on (sadly metaphorically) a while back. Although it looks so bad, it is really fun, and pretty impressive. 

WCW Nitro - PS1

Worms 3D - PS2

Resident Evil Survivor  - PS1

Mortal Kombat Mythologies - PS1

WCW Backstage Assault - PS1

Little Britain - PS2

Enjoy.

18 minutes ago, Pegg said:

The NEOGEO systems were full to the brim with trash.

But...

3 hours ago, Pegg said:

The NEOGEO systems were full to the brim with trash

Uh, Metal Slug, Samurai Shodown, and King of Fighters are trash?  That system has franchises that are near universally recognized as classics!

Edited by Master O

Just now, Error-404 said:

You could have just linked to Civvies channel, tbh

The Verginha Incident is getting into Tekwar category, which is why I linked only to that specific game.

13 minutes ago, Error-404 said:

You could have just linked to Civvies channel, tbh

Implying I post on Doom forums and don't watch Civvie already.

19 minutes ago, Pegg said:

I said the system has a ton of trash. Not that the best games it has are trash..

This is a very true thing to say, you could say the exact same thing about the 3DO regardless of if it even had anything good (Does it? I haven't seen anything good on that pile of cack).

Half-Life: Source - mainly the infamous SteamPipe version.

The Source 2013 inclusions new bugs & map leaks that Valve never wants to patch out. Make me think that Valve lost the source code to HLS, and their badly porting the GoldSrc source code to the Source engine to go around the lost source code loophole.

Despite many flaws however, its it's still better than the awful paid Half-Life 2 mod abominations Prospekt & Hunt Down The Freeman.

The other is Big Rigs Over The Road Racing. An incomplete racing without any collision detection coded in. Easily one of the worst games of all time & also the lowest scoring game on GameRanking & Metacritic.

2 hours ago, mrthejoshmon said:

This is a very true thing to say, you could say the exact same thing about the 3DO regardless of if it even had anything good (Does it? I haven't seen anything good on that pile of cack).

Yes, it does - Alone in the Dark 1 and 2, Wolfenstein 3D, Quarantine, Myst, Robinson's Requiem, Wing Commander, Poe'd,Need for Speed, Killing Time The Horde,Rebel Assault...

7 hours ago, mrthejoshmon said:

Implying I post on Doom forums and don't watch Civvie already.

I'm still not entirely convinced you're not just Civvie on his smurf account.

Anyway, crappy DOS FPS you say? I remember a game called Depth Dwellers that fits that description. Slow and clunky controls, looked and sounded ugly AF... might be down your alley.

This doesn't quite meet your criteria of console trash, but if you really want to play a bad game that's so uniquely unorthodox it's interesting and valued as a collectible... well here's a game.

Limbo of the Lost.

MandaloreGaming has already covered this in his channel.

21 hours ago, Pegg said:

I said the system has a ton of trash. Not that the best games it has are trash..

Well, then every system has a ton of trash.

I love watching the Vinesauce shareware streams the few times they do them, just browsing through tons of stuff on old CD-ROM collections. A lot of that stuff hasn't even been properly archived online.

On 9/6/2020 at 5:29 PM, Wadmodder RiderPùdu said:

Despite many flaws however, its it's still better than the awful paid Half-Life 2 mod abominations Prospekt & Hunt Down The Freeman.

I'm familiar with both of these yet forgot Prospekt existed, thank you for reminding me:

Untitled.png.c95bb28aab41539fbb9bade3b4fe5b6e.png

Now I just have to find out whatever sordid hellscape the other recommendations are hiding their abandonware heads in and I can have some... "Fun".