Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
M_W

An attempt at an actual discussion about Doom on Steam

As you may know, Doom Unity was ported to Steam on September 3rd, and there have been, uh, "discussions" about it. That aside, I think there is a valuable conversation to be had about how the port can be improved, keeping in mind its stated goals of not competing with fan-made source ports, but to provide a playable experience for your average user buying and downloading the game on Steam.

There's been good progress: restoring proper Nightmare difficulty, adding Widescreen support (even new title screen graphics!), adding a v-sync toggle, etc, but it's clear people still think there's room for improvement.

Full Changelog Below:

https://slayersclub.bethesda.net/en/article/Cfuf9wL5enNxkx90hfJ21/doom-and-doom-ii-update-september-3

What do you all think is still holding Doom Unity back? I've heard more than one person talk about how movement is off, but I can't see how that's possible given the menu demos seem to play back fine. Vsync lag, perhaps? When I tried it out I was playing with Vsync off since I have a G-Sync monitor.

Thanks! I never check the console section so I had no idea about this thread.