e1m7gzfd.png

added basement under a red glass window with red light

e1m7u.jpg

update 1

e1m7u2.jpg

update 2

Edited by CBM

10 hours ago, SlayerOGames666 said:

Woah! You must be getting through this faster than anyone in this part of the community imagined!

thanks

But it is still just e1m1 that is 100 percent done

all the others are still in need of a million details :)

however all maps in freedoom episode one are now in udmf format

e1-4m1-9

I know people generally seem to have a low opinion of me and I guess the only thing I can do is to try and let my work speak for itself

besides I am used to people having a low opinion of me

just keep in mind that this gzfreedoom is a pretty easy project. I am simply adding gzdoom stuff to existing freedoom levels.. nothing special really

and its something I work on from time to time between other projects and stuff

Edited by CBM

video of me playing GZFreeDOOM E1M1 using GZDoom and DR4

(using keyboard only and just a little occasional trackpad for the freelook... on a gaming laptop from 2016... DR4 is QUITE demanding... and... RTX OFF)  ... NB! I have NOT shown ALL the secrets in E1M1

Edited by CBM

I have setup another of my rigs

just for editing gzfreedoom

I am currently adding dynamic lights to e1m2 on the new rig

On 10/17/2020 at 11:08 AM, CBM said:

I know people generally seem to have a low opinion of me and I guess the only thing I can do is to try and let my work speak for itself

besides I am used to people having a low opinion of me

U sure buddy? don't you see that everyone is having a positive opinion on your project?

1 hour ago, HitBoi64 said:

U sure buddy? don't you see that everyone is having a positive opinion on your project?

yes you are right

I was depressed when I wrote that

1 hour ago, HitBoi64 said:

Interesting, keep it up!
Also, do you have any more plans on map01?

I might start on the freedoom phase 2 maps (map01-map32) when phase 1 is done

ok so, my projects have been on pause for a couple of months and I will likely begin helping to continue the development of an open source game that I have been involved in before. 

But I will try to continue working with my 2 main GZDoom projects... GZFreedoom and stuff related to After Dawn (3D tanks, levels etc)

Okay so I have been busy with IRL stuff so nothing has been done with my doom projects or open source projects... but I am trying to get to a place where I can resume this project... stay tuned

With the rise of more popularity in the GZDoom engine as a whole to do games, make freedoom also a techdemo for showing all the quirks and stuff posible with GZDoom without owning Doom could be cool.

Hopefully you will do great when you can start again, but take this as you time,

thanks for the support. I have begun mapping again and I will definetly return to gzfreedoom. I have some other maps I need to do first but gzfreedoom will be completed :-)

On 9/7/2020 at 8:15 AM, CBM said:

I am planning a GZDoom edition of freedoom phase 1 and 2

I want to make a Wad that has both freedoom  phases with GZDoom enhancements in the same wad

so I ended up pursuing this solo for now

atm Im doing all this solo mio and it will take much more time than Id like since I am still learning and also trying to gain knowledge on many doom and 3d related things at the same time

Sounds awesome! You should absolutely do this. It makes me happy to see people giving Freedoom some love and attention.

GZFreeDOOM development has resumed after 9.5 months of being in hiatus... Just did my very first edit to E1M1 this evening... replacing those ugly floorlamps (sorry freedoom guys but I think they look pretty bad) with ones made out of sectors instead... here is a screenshot:

gzfreedoom-resurrected.png

also trying to make the prison cells more like cells.... and fixed the redundant hallway issue in E1M1

gzfreedoom-resurrected3.png gzfreedoom-resurrected2.png

by adding a security barrier and a fence

gzfreedoom-resurrected5.png

gzfreedoom-resurrected6.png

and the last E1M1 edit for today... added out of bounds section with even more prison cells... to give the illusion that the prison part is much larger

gzfreedoom-resurrected7.png

Edited by CBM

got some feedback on e1m1 that I need to look at.. I did some more work in e1m2 while e1m1 was being reviewed, screenshots:

gzfd-e1m2-c.png gzfd-e1m2-b.png gzfd-e1m2-a.png

just made more fixes to e1m1 and will post a link tomorrow

I am still working on getting e1m2 fully functional

small update

gzfd-e2m7-a.png

e2m7 lava area

I am still not done completing my liquidification runthrough of the episode 1 maps and there are still areas with liquids in maps before e2m7 that still arent properly GZDoom liquified

I have also been making sure that all damaging liquids follow the same rules... ie. all nuke does the same damage, all lava etc