Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CBM

GZFreePunk - a FreeDoom fork for GZDoom

56 minutes ago, doomguykiller69 said:

you're almost done with all the monsters! brilliant! keep it up, it doesn't look bad at all! :)

Thanks! :-)

I am going for an all robot staff for the DOOM 1 / FreeDOOM episode 1 / GZFreeDOOM episode 1 monster roster..

now... animating all of them is going to be the most tricky part... but I have 'successfully' animated my first 3D monster I ever did.. a caco sized corona bacteria ... so I should be up for the task

Just now, doomguykiller69 said:

Good luck mi amigo! :D

Thanks and thanks for the interest and support :-D

recolored rollerdroid a bit, added neck joint, added small details, centered dual-monowheel, rescaled to fit 'humanoid' height

recolored-rollerdroid.png

cyberdemon replacement?

vikingdroidillustration.png

and

eyetex.png

ok, it would be pretty funny if the astro runner used the tesla coil as a club in close combat

Edited by CBM

viking droid updated, the metal wheels looked pretty bad ingame

vikingdroidillustration3.png

still not quite happy with it just yet

---

while I await inspiration to strike me with interesting stuff for the remaining monsters, I did some more 3d models for pickups

miscitems.png

Edited by CBM

just made the robot devil for fun and gave him a belly super shotgun... likely not going to use him though... unless I get really stuck

jokerobotdevil.png

maybe...  a spider alien? not completely happy with him juuust yet though..

spideralien.png

new alien variation

monoalienscreenshot.png

with an axe and some texture modifications

monoalienscreenshot2.png

rollerdroid, robotic alien and viking droid all got a makeover

rollerdroid-update2.png
vikingdroidillustration4.png

robotic-alien-screen.png

Edited by CBM

lumberjackbot-illustration2.png

current cast

IMP                 - "astro runner"

CACO-DEMON  - "robohead sentry"

CYBER-DEMON - "viking droid"

BARON            - "lumberjack bot" ???

MASTERMIND  - "cyberspider sentry", "spidermaster securi bot", "cyberspider security bot" ... whatever its name ends up as

ZOMBIE          - "roller droid"

SHOTGUNNER  - "robot alien" ???

PINKY              - "worker ant spiked"

SPECTRE          -  "worker ant smooth"

LOST SOUL       -  "eye saw"

maybe the lumberjack droid should have an actual saw launcher and use flying saw blades as projectiles???

and then be renamed to tysonbot???

tysenbot2.png
tysenbot.png

recolored spider master securi bot

spidermastersecuribot.png

notice how the two boss monsters both have the warning texture as part of their 'paint' and how we now have spider and ant monsters with both gold, silver and black legs

... and a hammer bot variant of the bot that might replace the baron

hammerbot-illustration.png

updates...

worker-ant-stealth-update.png
spidermastersecuribot2.png

newmonoalien.png

maybe navy ant could be a baron? or a worker ant that throws sawblades as baron?

Edited by CBM

more items

more-gzfreedoom-items.png

floorlamp-again.png

current edition is now the official gzfreedoom phase 1 floor lamp

floorlamp-again2.png

Edited by CBM

soon gonna post another update with items

for example the light amp googles are being updated

and I have a plan for completing e1m3:

the secret exit entrances will get more secret walls to help hude the secret exit area better and will get a teleporter to a hub area that will provide access to the rest of the secret part of e1m3

I will post a new download once e1m3 is done for playtesting purposes (e1m2+e1m3) and it will begin to include models for some of the simpler items

this will be a long project, but as I am the only creator and my plan is rather grand, then this is how it has too be, however doomguykiller69 deserves a lot of thanks for helping me playtest this beast of a project

also

I just started the donut blender youtube tutorial to up my modelling skills so that I can improve my models further down the line

Edited by CBM

9 hours ago, CBM said:

soon gonna post another update with items

for example the light amp googles are being updated

and I have a plan for completing e1m3:

the secret exit entrances will get more secret walls to help hude the secret exit area better and will get a teleporter to a hub area that will provide access to the rest of the secret part of e1m3

I will post a new download once e1m3 is done for playtesting purposes (e1m2+e1m3) and it will begin to include models for some of the simpler items

this will be a long project, but as I am the only creator and my plan is rather grand, then this is how it has too be, however doomguykiller69 deserves a lot of thanks for helping me playtest this beast of a project

also

I just started the donut blender youtube tutorial to up my modelling skills so that I can improve my models further down the line

Blender is a very good tool! Good luck on your new adventure in search of knowledge about 3D modeling in Blend!
thanks for the mention mi amigo! : D

I'm getting slightly Descent-ish vibes from these designs, but in an original way, due to the Steampunk aesthetic. Very cool I say!

On 8/2/2021 at 5:23 PM, doomguykiller69 said:

Blender is a very good tool! Good luck on your new adventure in search of knowledge about 3D modeling in Blend!
thanks for the mention mi amigo! : D

On 8/2/2021 at 5:53 PM, Catoptromancy said:

Looking good, modelling is very useful to learn. 

Indeed :-D

3 hours ago, MrFlibble said:

I'm getting slightly Descent-ish vibes from these designs, but in an original way, due to the Steampunk aesthetic. Very cool I say!

the steampunk vibe is a happy accident.

I dread when I need to begin animating the monsters.

contemplating if I could add some gears and cogs and stuff to further enhance the steampunk look and feel of the monsters

EDIT

upon further examination it seems that cogs are not as commonly visible on steampunk robots as I thought

Edited by CBM

Since the monsters are going to be completely different in concept to Freedoom, maybe the project should have a different name? 

2 minutes ago, fraggle said:

Since the monsters are going to be completely different in concept to Freedoom, maybe the project should have a different name? 

sounds cool gzfreedoom I got used to calling the project that way xd

One thing I would point out is that we've had problems in the past because someone created an Android app named "Freedoom" and people come to the Discord server asking for help with it (since nobody on the project has anything to do with it, it causes confusion).

Your project has the potential to cause the same kind of confusion. It was a bit more reasonable when it was just some tweaks to maps but since it's growing in scope I'd really appreciate if you could change the name.

if you are going to change the monsters and all why not make your own game using freedoom as a basis?

3 hours ago, doomguykiller69 said:

Only he can decide if he changes it

I'm not sure what this means. I'm one of the project leaders and founders of the Freedoom project and I'm asking you to change it.

22 minutes ago, fraggle said:

I'm not sure what this means. I'm one of the project leaders and founders of the Freedoom project and I'm asking you to change it.

I'd rather keep it in line with freedoom and then release the steampunk monsters as a seperate 3d monster pack

however when it comes to phase 2 then something needs to happen with the wolfensteinss sprite

the goal of gzfreedoom is to provide a gzdoom version of freedoom for gzdoom

i can release items as a 3d pack as well and

I can just release the monsters as a seperate mod, that way I can also easier use them in other projects

Edited by CBM

I wish to keep the name since gzfreedoom is supposed to be a gzdoom edition of freedoom.

I created a topic for my 3d assets so they now can become a seperate project and thus loaded on top of other mods and to ensure gzfreedoom returns to its core missons which is to modernize the freedoom maps with modern features and perhaps a new area here and there

gzfreedoom needs to stay true to freedoom (and its founders)

link to the new modelling project

new goals for GZFreeDOOM

- modernize freedoom levels

- add extra details to freedoom levels such as extra secrets and extra areas here and there (e1m3 will be the exception)

- replace some of the textures

----

the steampunk project will always be able to be used as an addon for gzfreedoom phase 1 and 2, doom 1 and 2 plus any other gzdoom and doom compatible game 

the steampunk project will be exapanding its roster so it covers all vanilla doom monsters

Edited by CBM

do not worry, gzfreedoom is still alive and kicking

I will soon resume work on e1m3 so that e1m2 and e1m3 can get playtested

BUT

gzfreedoom will no longer feature 3d models, just the levels and maybe some textures and stuff

5 hours ago, CBM said:

do not worry, gzfreedoom is still alive and kicking

I will soon resume work on e1m3 so that e1m2 and e1m3 can get playtested

BUT

gzfreedoom will no longer feature 3d models, just the levels and maybe some textures and stuff

YEAH! :D

On 8/4/2021 at 6:20 PM, doomguykiller69 said:

Only he can decide if he changes it

But the namestake clearly pertains to FreeDoom, when FreeDoom's authors have nothing to do with this project.

Yet, because of the similar naming, they are likely to run into requests for help when this gets released.

On 8/5/2021 at 7:29 AM, CBM said:

I wish to keep the name since gzfreedoom is supposed to be a gzdoom edition of freedoom.

But what you are suggesting then (Seperate addon, modernizing FreeDoom levels, replacing the textures) is beyond the initial scope of your project, which makes it a separate entry from the source material (Freedoom) by @fraggle and his team.

What you want to achieve is different from the scope of the FreeDoom team.