Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Telemassacre

Pricsi Doom MegaWad

The Story? You are locked an a Hell prison for all of the demon murders. You escape and attempt to get back to Earth.

Tested in GZDoom [and recommended you use since there are Boom-generated door specials and 3d floors.] 

Created for DooM 2.

The wad goes up to Map30[Secret levels 31, 32, and 33 included].

Here are my demos of the game.

Here is the wad.

SCREENSHOTS

[some statements might not be accurate to the finished release]

More enemies!

Screenshot_Doom_20200913_113709.png.ffe535b1c0e80cb28452092400f1b7bf.png

More enemy types!

Screenshot_Doom_20200913_114235.png.be92f91eee6b3db1dd08f7708dce11dc.png

New type of level: FUN LEVELS!

Screenshot_Doom_20200913_114332.png.652c47f810ab7bd2e3be375a72507b49.png

Boss levels galore!

Screenshot_Doom_20200913_114433.png.603699279da36a8dc0c9d3c00abd77e7.png

NOTE: If you intend to share this wad on your website [or any site], please mention my name and link to this webpage.

If this wad gets shared on a site that does not comply with the sharing rule described above, let me know in the thread down below.

Here is a list of maps not compatible with DM: Map04, 06, 09, 10, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, 24, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, and 33.

Edited by Telemassacre : Optimized it more. Levels are now less glitchy with Zandronium's DM level identifier and is more optimized for idgames. Also added GZDoom exclusive demos [Crashes on other iterations.]

Here's some screenshots to save everyone else here some trouble:

Spoiler

gC0ApSU.png

xAefBeV.png

NGL8Rdq.png

IASliJz.png

RgDdGjy.png

(bonus shot of map05, since it shows the best looking area of the map)

M1Bonvf.png

This is really basic 1994 stuff. The only bit of advice I would give you is to start with a simple format and look at other good wads to take notes from.

I'm sorry to say, but this map-set is pretty rubbish. It feels like you're just taking the piss. Half of the maps are broken with no way to progress, all the designs are very tight, boring and lack anything distinct or interesting about them, the Combat was lacking and really didn't take the demons and their abilities into account and how they'd operate in a specific environment, which lead to just dull battles. Health/Ammo pickups were inconsistent, one time feeding me more shotgun shells than I'd know what to do with, another giving me almost bugger all to work with. Progression is straight broken and a lot of your texture work lacks coherency such as not using correct door textures, further hurting progression and making the maps difficult to navigate. It feels like these were all just random test maps you've made over various afternoons just to tinker around with your level editor rather than proper finished maps to play through. If you're genuinely serious about releasing this, I'd urge you to reconsider and put a lot more effort in because this isn't close to being in a playable state.

I hope I haven't come across as too harsh, but things are just way too raw. Stick this fucker back in the oven for a while longer, if you catch my drift.

Edited by Biodegradable

I don't want to talk about the Map, I want to talk about the Wad Description, I am sorry to say. But you just posted a very small Plot with a One-Map Demo,

And the Wad has a very Weird Name that dosen't fit Doom's Atmosphere. Anyway, Read this:

On 9/9/2020 at 12:13 PM, Biodegradable said:

I'm sorry to say, but this map-set is pretty rubbish. It feels like you're just taking the piss. Half of the maps are broken with no way to progress, all the designs are very tight, boring and lack anything distinct or interesting about them, the Combat was lacking and really didn't take the demons and their abilities into account and how they'd operate in a specific environment, which lead to just dull battles. Health/Ammo pickups were inconsistent, one time feeding me more shotgun shells than I'd know what to do with, another giving me almost bugger all to work with. Progression is straight broken and a lot of your texture work lacks coherency such as not using correct door textures, further hurting progression and making the maps difficult to navigate. It feels like these were all just random test maps you've made over various afternoons just to tinker around with your level editor rather than proper finished maps to play through. If you're genuinely serious about releasing this, I'd urge you to reconsider and put a lot more effort in because this isn't close to being in a playable state.

I hope I haven't come across as too harsh, but things are just way too raw. Stick this fucker back in the oven for a while longer, if you catch my drift.

Thank you for your constructive criticism. I am in the progress of fixing some of my maps. You were playing a 5- level demo, which was why you cannot pass Map05.

In Map03, the platform with the CyberImp on top of it was a lift with a Blue key on it, which led to a room with the red skull key.

Just now, Telemassacre said:

In Map03, the platform with the CyberImp on top of it was a lift with a Blue key on it, which led to a room with the red skull key.

Ah right. Well, this is a good example of why using the correct textures is important, mate. Had you used a more common texuture for rising/descending platforms, I would've much more likely investigated it. You can use uncommon textures for rising/descending platforms for secrets, but if it's important to progression that it be known that thing was a rising/descending platform, then it's best to use a common texture so you can prevent players getting lost like I was.

On 9/18/2020 at 8:33 PM, Telemassacre said:

This is my first WAD.

Reminds me of my first maps. :)

My advice is to keep going! You have talent, and you'll get better as you go along. Take me as an example: my first wad, UAC Enterprises, was met with the harshest criticism. As I kept mapping, I listened to the critics, and over time, I've gotten way better.

Some advice for your maps: try more open rooms. Perhaps even take some existing hallways, and make them much wider, as an experiment. You'll find that more open rooms, with varying heights, will make battles more unique.

Keep up the good work, @Telemassacre!

Edit: Also, if you ever need any playtesters, I should be available :D

On 9/9/2020 at 1:13 PM, Biodegradable said:

Why did I laugh when you zoomed in on the imp and started shooting it at 6:48

Anyway, most people make maps like this at first OP. You'll get better at getting the hang of things if you keep practicing.

Hi. Bit new to this thread. It was my first megawad map set and I am proud of it, all though it needs work. More is posted on my account page, i'll give some screenshots later. It's called testmapname.wad and it's not finshed. Short levels that I work on in spare time. Here it is: https://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/addons/test-map-brutal-doom-compatible

1 hour ago, Cipherz Gaming YT said:

Hi. Bit new to this thread. It was my first megawad map set and I am proud of it, all though it needs work. More is posted on my account page, i'll give some screenshots later. It's called testmapname.wad and it's not finshed. Short levels that I work on in spare time. Here it is: https://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/addons/test-map-brutal-doom-compatible

Uh... I think it's a good idea to just make a new thread to post your wad instead of posting it here.

On 10/9/2020 at 1:30 PM, Cipherz Gaming YT said:

This is dispatch. All responders, we have a hijacking in progress at "Pricsi Doom", please respond. I repeat, a hijacking is in progress.

15 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

This is dispatch. All responders, we have a hijacking in progress at "Pricsi Doom", please respond. I repeat, a hijacking is in progress.

Rodger that. Sending non-offensive forces to "Pricsi Doom". Armoured vehicles at disposal if necessary.

45 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

27 minutes ago, Telemassacre said:

Rodger that. Sending non-offensive forces to "Pricsi Doom". Armoured vehicles at disposal if necessary.

Rodger, should we attempt to negotiate or do a "Mordeth Lock" procedure?

33 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

Rodger, should we attempt to negotiate or do a "Mordeth Lock" procedure?

Negative, Mordeth procedure is a no-go. All weapons permitted, looks like we gotta clear 'em out ourselves.

I'll breach the door in slow motion to give you guys some extra time.

Edited by TheMagicMushroomMan

58 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Negative, Mordeth procedure is a no-go. All weapons permitted, looks like we gotta clear 'em out ourselves.

I'll breach the door in slow motion to give you guys some extra time.

Rodger, should i send the armoured vehicles?

18 minutes ago, Telemassacre said:

Rodger, should i send the armoured vehicles?

WE NEED BACKUP IMMEDIAITELY!! WE'RE LOSING MEN LEFT AND RIGHT, WE NEED ARMORED SUPPORT A.S.A.P., @AtticTelephone HAS BEEN SHOT! I REPEAT, @AtticTelephone HAS BEEN HIT!

Nevermind, he's dead, I'm retreating. Press "F" to pay your respects to @AtticTelephone.

Looks like the mission was a success boys, I'm going home.

16 minutes ago, Argenteo said:

I keep pressing F, and nothing happens...( I'm on macos...)

Try turning it on and off again? If you share your social security number with me, I can look into it.

EDIT figured out what your problem is. You have a virus in your System32 folder, try deleting it.

1 hour ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

WE NEED BACKUP IMMEDIAITELY!! WE'RE LOSING MEN LEFT AND RIGHT, WE NEED ARMORED SUPPORT A.S.A.P., @AtticTelephone HAS BEEN SHOT! I REPEAT, @AtticTelephone HAS BEEN HIT!

Nevermind, he's dead, I'm retreating. Press "F" to pay your respects to @AtticTelephone.

Looks like the mission was a success boys, I'm going home.

F, sir.

44 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Try turning it on and off again? If you share your social security number with me, I can look into it.

EDIT figured out what your problem is. You have a virus in your System32 folder, try deleting it.

Since last update MacOs doesn't need to turning it on or off.

Keep up mapping Telemassacre. What does Pricsi mean?