Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Disgruntled Caco

My Doom 2 WAD - Perpetual Death

I am currently in the process of making a full fledged wad. with at least 30 levels, each with their own original song. All of my level designs and such have been the product of tripping balls on acid. I know its probably nothing new, but feedback and such on how it looks would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I've only played one other wad where I knew fer sure the person was tripping on LSD while they made it, so I'm pretty interested to see. Between my love of 1994 levels and unorthodox levels this is likely to please me!

Not too shabby, fam. There's a wealth of detail going on in these maps, which is a great start. A lot of beginner maps tend to be really bare in that department, so it's nice to see something with greater decoration and a better sense of vision with the texture work. You've got some imagination going here and I can feel an influence from some of the OG id Boys work in the IWADs, so kudos there. Combat is a bit run-of-the-mill, but still fun. I'd say the only thing I didn't like that much was just how close and cramped everything was. Not to say you can't have cramped spaces now and then, but when the entire map feels really small and squished up, I feel it kind of hurts the experience a little. The tightness doesn't lend itself well to the way Doom combat dynamics flow and they work better when you and the demons have more space to move around in. Other than that, these two maps were decent. Don't be afraid to share more of your work in the near future. ;^)

3 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

Not too shabby, fam. There's a wealth of detail going on in these maps, which is a great start. A lot of beginner maps tend to be really bare in that department, so it's nice to see something with greater decoration and a better sense of vision with the texture work. You've got some imagination going here and I can feel an influence from some of the OG id Boys work in the IWADs, so kudos there. Combat is a bit run-of-the-mill, but still fun. I'd say the only thing I didn't like that much was just how close and cramped everything was. Not to say you can't have cramped spaces now and then, but when the entire map feels really small and squished up, I feel it kind of hurts the experience a little. The tightness doesn't lend itself well to the way Doom combat dynamics flow and they work better when you and the demons have more space to move around in. Other than that, these two maps were decent. Don't be afraid to share more of your work in the near future. ;^)

Thanks so much for the feedback! I'll take your advice and try to give the player more room to work with as well as adding some cramped spaces here and there for tension. I spend lots of time on presentation because I figured nobody would want to play a bare map. As far as combat goes, I'm trying to figure out new ways to make demon fights more interesting. Very much appreciated!