Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dukeinator2000

Am I the only one who thought the doom community was better before eternal came out?

On 9/8/2020 at 9:26 PM, Dukeinator2000 said:

I really don't care what they do as long as they have fun

Pretty much this. I don't go to that page but from all I've read about it, it seems to me the way they enjoy their game is ultimately harmless and they're not being pricks to anyone. So in a deep way they're actually making the community better.

Reddit gets pretty insufferable with any and every game/TV show/etc. it gets its fandom on. I guess more people enjoying things is nice, though. 

I wouldn't even blame /r/doom for being what it is, it's just the sort of community you can expect when you have a forum software that gamifies engagement and is owned by a company whose job is to draw as many eyeballs to the site as possible, quality of conversation be damned.

Doomworld and Reddit have different flavors of vapid discussion. Here, instead of rip and tear and animal crossing memes you'll get endless variations of "What is your favorite monster/what is the worst port/what is the most overrated wad etc etc" created every week. Though with plenty of other interesting discussions too, of course.