Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dukeinator2000

Am I the only one who thought the doom community was better before eternal came out?

Okay, so hear me out, I don't think eternal is bad or I'm trying to shit on other peoples fun, but idk, the fans, especially r/Doom, it feels like it's nothing but "Durr Slayer rip and tear bfg go zoom you can't just shoot a hole into the surface of mars lmao loooolll!!!!", it buries the actual quality content people make and post, idk, maybe I'm wrong, but that's what it feels like to me

Edit: I apologize guys, this post really made me come off as an asshole elitist, I really don't care what they do as long as they have fun, I'll try to make sure to not make such retarded post's again, seeing how shit this one is

Edited by Dukeinator2000

I mean, the whole "Rip & Tear" I believe started because of a line from a DooM comic. Then brutal DooM happened and thus the line spread and then DooM 4 (more like DooM flawed ;) ) was released and thus everyone went nuts over the glory killing mechanic.

Also, I generally try to avoid Reddit... that website is all kinds of weird. >_>

Reddit has it's uses but also has an abundance of morons. I almost never use it. Stick with Doomworld.

Rip 'n Tear untils it's done against alll eviiiil!

Nah, it's trink it's better with eternal, in my opinion.

Just now, DynamiteKaitorn said:

I mean, the whole "Rip & Tear" I believe started because of a line from a DooM comic. Then brutal DooM happened and thus the line spread and then DooM 4 (more like DooM flawed ;) ) was released and thus everyone went nuts over the glory killing mechanic.

Also, I generally try to avoid Reddit... that website is all kinds of weird. >_>

Agreed, I'm really glad I made the switch from r/Doom to Doomworld

Doomworld is a nice community. We enjoy the classic games over the newer ones. That's not to say that there aren't NuDOOM fans here. It's just that we aren't memes and a post whatever you want site (Like Reddit, even though it has rules). You'll enjoy it here, but I partially agree. I mean, I've only been in the community for a year, but looking at posts made on Reddit from like a year ago or when it started seem so much more educated than today. But Reddit is basically for memes, so I wouldn't use that for DOOM news. But you'll like DW. 

Spoiler

Lol 420 69! LMAAOOOOAOOAOOAO. OMG! The Longer the Icon of Sin is on Earth the more fat ur mom is! Ha! 

r/Doom is mostly comprised of people who are not the types you'd find on Doomworld. Sure, they may like Doom, but most of the people on Reddit tend to focus on what is trending at that moment in time. So, r/Doom is focused on the new games, and the conversations tend to stay there. That doesn't mean there isn't room for discussion of older titles in the series, but they are few and far between compared to the conversations you could be having here.

I look at r/Doom more as a club for fans of Doom. Doomworld is more like its own country for Doom. I've always thought of it as a foreign legion of sorts. We may not agree on much outside of Doom, but you bet your sweet ass we would all band together if Big Brother came to our doorsteps and said they wanted to take Doom away from us. "Over my dead body". r/Doom? They'd just comply and let them take Doom away from them. 

I haven't had much interest in /r/doom for some time because even since Doom 4 it's been pretty well dominated by new Doom posts. That's not anything against modern Doom of course, they look like excellent games (I've yet to play them), but my interests lie almost exclusively with vanilla. That's why I kind of started gravitating towards here.

This is like the third thread now comprised of someone whining about how they disapprove of other people having fun in a fashion they personally find off-putting. Newsflash: Nobody here cares about whatever's going on over at r/Doom or anywhere else that you disapprove of and the only "cringe" we're really experiencing are dorks who keep showing up and posting threads like this one. How many more threads of a similar description do we have to collectively dunk on before that sinks in? Just shut up already.

Edited by Biodegradable

Yeah a little. Eternal seems to have brought in all the dark souls  “get good” people.

Yes getting good is part of the game and more people in a community is a good thing, but have seen soooo many people asking for help / advice and just being told to “get good”.

Ironically despite what the zeitgeist believes Dark Souls actually has a very welcoming and helpful community.

Reddit is the surface level consciousness of the Internet and as such it's the meme version of reality. People need to stop taking it so damn seriously.

Let people enjoy themselves, they're not hurting you.

2 hours ago, Doominator2 said:

Man, It used to be "Doom Community was better before Doom 3" then it was "Doom Community was better before Brutal Doom" then "Doom Community was better before Doom 16".

I swear to god, when Nu Doom 3 or Doom Eternal 2 or whatever it is comes out, we'll be getting another thread asking the same question. 

The "Doom Community was better before Doom" - The Wolfenstein 3D community, probably.

Whats with the "am i the only one" questions recently?

(Granted i've made one and to top it off a few dumb threads myself but that's in the past.)

We all know were not the only ones so why do we ask these?

There are millions of people who play doom, you're not the only one lol

1 minute ago, Gerardo194 said:

The community is dividing into many pieces, how sad. Sorry for the post. 

The doom community was once a fine sheet of glass, 

Then it was dropped.

Its now shattered into many pieces

Just now, CyberDestroyer said:

The doom community was once a fine sheet of glass, 

Then it was dropped.

Its now shattered into many pieces

Yes, that's sad.