Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vanilla_d00m

recent wildfires and sky turning red

So I live like 14 hours away from Oregon and never seen anything like this, I havn't looked up in the sky lately but I heard it was red but not that red like in oregon.  But it's brown now, but the sun has a different kind of color, it's bright red.

I never seen anything like this before... it reminds me of the sky in doom in some of the levels where it is all red, this is really shocking.  DOOM II Hell On Earth??

https://www.klcc.org/post/live-updates-oregon-gov-kate-brown-enacts-emergency-declaration-due-fires

And a video on youtube about it incase people think its fake.

qOrS0iMK.png

Edited by vanilla_d00m

I remember when we had that dim orange sky in WA state some years back.  What is in these pictures and what I saw earlier today are pretty eerie.  It is kind of awe inspiring but also horrible with all the homes, forest, and lives being destroyed.  Hope people are safe out there.

It's more yellow/orange than red where I am, but can confirm it looks exactly like Mars with trees. Have yet to see any items or powerups spawn, though.

I'm closer to fires than I'd like to be, but so far the nearest one is spreading not toward me, so hopefully we'll merely get a lot of smoke and red skies and not a lot of fire too. 🥴

Really hate to see this happen to Oregon, as a former Portland resident- especially after the prolonged civil conflict there.

I should probably check in with a few friends who are still in town, that runoff smoke can't be helping their health problems any.

Edited by Smouths

I live in Newport and yeah it looks like Mars right now. I've been in this state since October 2013, after surviving a year of homelessness and having lived in the insanity prior known as NoCal for about 18 years of my life. Fast forward to the year of our lord Abaddon and I guess "my 2020" was due 9 months in advance. Even with the universal suffering of Coronavirus and other BS I somehow manage to wind up in another state that is being fucked hard(er) by fires, a number of so reported as being started by arsonists. Oh, and our radio silence president once again proving how fucking useless he is, as if we needed yet another reminder this year.

Woah... And I thought it was bad here in San Francisco! I was so confused waking up this morning - felt like I was in some sort of nightmare. This is the view of our back yard, the camera doesn't really do justice to it - looks much more orange and eerie in real life:

Untitled.jpg.fc1e34142fe826538cf036cc52820c50.jpg

It looked like Mars here in Australia last year during the fires we had, not red but dark orange.

Fuck, that's awful. Saw lots of this last summer here in Australia..

68E0359E-060A-4D3B-A17A-A15695324AD2.png

This photo was taken at noon about 9 months ago!

Can't wait for this summer to roll around, especially since we're doing nothing about it! #1 polluters per capita, baby! The guiding principle I've seen seems to be "Let's just nosedive this rocket right into the core of the Earth." Sounds like a good time to me!

7 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

Fuck, that's awful. Saw lots of this last summer here in Australia

I seriously hope you guys catch a break. I was pretty bummed hearing what was going on.

I don't want to be a negative Nancy, but don't expect any breaks. This is the new normal. Climate change is F U N!

I hope you all be safe, stay safe, and given that this is just how things are from now on (and in the future will only get worse), it's smart to prepare and anticipate these kinds of fires in the future.

We really need rain, and rain doesn't hit where I am until the 14th. So much damage occurs in just a single day, I wonder what will honestly be left of the state before the end of the month.

Sky orange?...I feel like Thy Flesh Consumed 32x caused this...For real everyone be safe from the fires, I personally live in Canada so I don't think it's gonna affect me but yeah. Stay safe out there.

Magma.PNG

New Zealand was hit by a creepy orange-yellow sky after Australia's fires, it was the most unsettling thing in my life. An alien glow to the sky, absolute silence, no cars to be heard or seen, no noise but my own footsteps, no birds or anything. Felt like I'd walked into another plane.

10 hours ago, Artman2004 said:

You know, I heard that these fires were started by a gender reveal party. Is this true?

What is gender reveal party? Do those people reveal their genitalia? Are there any pretty women? USA has such weird culture

8 hours ago, Devalaous said:

New Zealand was hit by a creepy orange-yellow sky after Australia's fires, it was the most unsettling thing in my life. An alien glow to the sky, absolute silence, no cars to be heard or seen, no noise but my own footsteps, no birds or anything. Felt like I'd walked into another plane.

Yes it was very weird. I took some epic sunset photos though.

1 hour ago, Sokoro said:

What is gender reveal party? Do those people reveal their genitalia? Are there any pretty women? USA has such weird culture

Romero-Case_8628.jpg

Looks just like Aus 9 months ago!

Stay safe all! Those fires can move fast!

Here is a dash cam vid from our Aussie ones over the summer and as you can see, goes for 0 to 100 real quick!

It looks like a couple wildfires seem to have been started by arsonists (rumored to be antifa, but not 100% sure) across several different states, and that includes Oregon. Here's some sources:

Regardless, these are crazy times we live in. Stay safe friends.

I'm in Northern Idaho so I'm pretty much out of the way of the fires, but I'm close enough for things a block away to be hazy. I went for a walk to the supermarket yesterday and it was incredibly ominous.

Oh wow, whatever is happening there must be really bad if the atmosphere was influenced to such extent.

But at the same time, I sure enjoy the sight of such red sky, beautifully surreal.