Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LuckyEuro

When did you realise nuDOOM isn't actually christian at all? (Lore thread)

Reading about tom hall design ideas, looks like several of them were implemented in doom 2016. For example the hand you need to acquire to open a door or the cinematic way the shotguns get acquired. With doom eternal they reverted to a more arcade approach from one side, but they put cut scenes and a more "expanded" lore on the other side (I don't want to say deep or better, since to me it really wasn't a improvement). 

I need to say I enjoyed the "feel" of doom 2016 way more than eternal but doom eternal feels better in other fields, and there are a bit of mixed feelings that I can't really point out. I can't really say doom 2016 is better than eternal (especially some weapons like the plasma gun, doom eternal one is much much better), but I enjoyed the general feel much more. Not sure why, maybe eternal feel a bit too cheesy at some points? 

Eventually the balance between story and action in doom 2016 was just perfect. It was feeling like you were the one making the story instead of just spectating it.

Hey guys,I kinda got discouraged by the first page of replies and didn't bother checking until now.I'm happy with the discussion I sparked,even if it's mostly making fun of my seemingly unreasonable expectations.Which I kinda deserve,now that I reread my post.Maybe I got these expectations from DOOM (2016),which was my first DOOM game.I got an idea from the replies that hellish imagery and demons were always intended as just being shocking,scary,rebelious,not really any biblical backstory.But I still think hell is extremely LAME.It's just a red dimension.And the Icon of Sin makes no sense.But whatever,it's DOOM after all,the shooting comes first and the shooting in DOOM Eternal is awesome.
I've got no intention to answer the many replies,but I'm glad how this thread is going.Very excited for Ancient Gods 1 coming in just a week.

Also I lost my avatar! You banned Pepe? WHAT?

Speaking of Hell in 2016, i remember hearing it being inspired by Beksinski but i felt it could have taken more from his arts and maybe the same for Wayne Barlowe, if he's another source of inspiration.

I think Beksinski also described his works as "photographing dreams", explaining the abstract nature of it.

I think a good way to come up with a monster and make it seem weird or abstract could be by basing it off an inanimate object instead of an animal, then make it even stranger from that point.

To ensure its anatomy is even more bizarre and with laws being human understanding.