Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

Largest deathmatch-only map?

I was going through some of the dwango maps and of course they're all tiny.  But it got me to thinking, apart from HQ maps, what wads have the largest deathmatch areas?  Did a search for this topic but nothing came up.  Obviously there are loads of huge maps that are not designed for it, have the starts there, but not made for dm.  Would any of them even be the largest map that can be built?

When decino was attempting to play deathmatch in Odamex with 100+ players, he was playing on very large deathmatch-only maps made specifically for this event. @KUBA18i was the one compiling all of them into a single wad and he should probably still have them.

3 hours ago, TMD said:

Combat Fields Part 1, probably?

Where might I find that?  Doesn't seem to exist according to google and idgames.

Checking around.

Turns out the map never got an official release, and it was nothing more than a meme from like 2014.  Ill do some checking.

Morgenstern by Tiger is a dm mapset that has a couple mega maps in it. It's also comically poorly optimized, but some of the maps could be serviceable for large scale dms: