Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

Responding to GmanLives' Unity Doom video (Removed)

Haha damn, he commented the literal minute this video was uploaded! What he said was weird too..

Wow, that’s some dedication, your video is longer than the original.

Does this actually mean anything? I can’t seem to derive any meaning from it. Yes, responding to a person’s numerous incorrect statements takes time. What’s the message?

I tried to make it clear my intention wasn’t to offend, just to state the truth about Doom..

Edited by Doomkid

4 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

Haha damn, he commented the literal minute this video was uploaded! What he said was weird too..

Does this actually mean anything?

It does, but i get a mocking sense of feeling from it. As in, ''You sure spend a lot of time analyzing my video''. But assumption is the mother of all fuck ups, so i leave it in the middle and say its a comment.

4 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

I can’t seem to derive any meaning from it. Yes, responding to a person’s numerous incorrect statements takes time. What’s the message?

Maybe its a way of deflecting criticism away or not able to understand what the issue with the video is. But again, assumption...

I appreciate this video very much!

Spoiler

Although the "ports & mod support" part could be a bit better. If you don't mind, I'll give you a little bit of more insight on it.

Eternity also has its own content definition language called Eternity Definition File (EDF), therefore it supports vanilla mods, Boom mods, and its own mods (albeit very rare, with this mod being a contemporary example of it).

It'd be nice to see a mention of a few others such as EDGE (with its DDF/RTS/COAL), Doom Legacy (and others with FraggleScript support) and Vavoom (with VavoomC).

Otherwise, this is a good counter-argument. GmanLives has been problematic with some stuff like this, with the infamous Blood: Fresh Supply review he has done.

9 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

Wow, that’s some dedication, your video is longer than the original.

LoL. Dedication! I'm sure it didn't take you an hour to find everything wrong with the video. all the wrong stuff is pretty obvious. LoL. 

25 minutes ago, Pseudonaut said:

I actually lol'd when he said the secret revealed sound effect is now "different". Like he's forgotten what the game is like without GZDoom.

He might really don't know what the game is like without GZDoom, as a lot of people out there...

LOL I can’t take credit for that hilarious thumbnail sadly, other than slapping Phoenix Wright on it. At least his thumbnail skills are top of the shelf!

You know, that first part of the video reminded me of something; can we PLEASE stop referring to this version as "Unity DOOM" or some other variation thereof?

It's an incredibly misleading moniker for this port at best and is the result of misinformation regarding it.

"Well, I do think it will allow people to enjoy Doom. I personally don't have an erection in my trousers when I do it, I just enjoy the game."

Doomkid confirmed to be a coward who doesn't play HDoom. Or High Noon Drifter with infinite Basilissa.

But no seriously, good informative vid. GMan clearly has a lot of passion for old-school FPS, but he really could do more research about 'em sometimes. Also, I love the Butthead skin that one guy in those multiplayer matches was rocking.

12 minutes ago, Big Ol Billy said:

particularly by misremembering G/Z source port additions as parts of the core, original game.

That was one of my biggest issues. Either he's confused or just talking shit

Spoiler

q9c4KGI.png

Edit: Just to clarify, I do enjoy Gman's vids, they're entertaining for the most part (some of the running jokes are zzz) and I don't want to shit on the dude or all the time and effort he puts into his work. I appreciate it and a lot of other people do too. He just needs to do more research.

Just now, xvertigox said:

That was one of my biggest issues. Either he's confused or just talking shit

Hide contents

q9c4KGI.png

>comparing it to GZdoom

Comparing two different engines together, this is the same guy who played sigil on ultra violence and claimed it was too hard

Just now, Dukeinator2000 said:

>comparing it to GZdoom

Comparing two different engines together, this is the same guy who played sigil on ultra violence and claimed it was too hard

Appropriate vid I made in response to Gman saying Sigil was too hard and too dark. Again, I like his videos, this shits just bants :)

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Doomkid said:

Does this actually mean anything? I can’t seem to derive any meaning from it. Yes, responding to a person’s numerous incorrect statements takes time. What’s the message?

I tried to make it clear my intention wasn’t to offend, just to state the truth about Doom..

seeing as gman is a bit of a hothead it's not really surprising that this would put him on the defensive tbh

6 minutes ago, DuckReconMajor said:

YXAAaCD.png

Did he post this before or after my twitter thread with him yesterday? Because if it's after then he's regressed immediately, given that showed potential in him admitting fault. :/

15 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

Did he post this before or after my twitter thread with him yesterday? Because if it's after then he's regressed immediately, given that showed potential in him admitting fault. :/

Actually found a site that lets you find youtube timestamps, here are the comments.

Looks like Sept 11 8:35 PM, I'm guessing my local time EDT (UTC -4) so i presume it's before the thread

Just now, DuckReconMajor said:

Actually found a site that lets you find youtube timestamps, here are the comments.

Looks like Sept 11 8:35 PM, I'm guessing my local time EDT (UTC -4) so i presume it's before the thread

Ah, hmm. That's good at least. I wonder what he will do with all this new information, though.

6 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

Ah, hmm. That's good at least. I wonder what he will do with all this new information, though.

Probably a new video in where he apologize for not giving the right information, and so a lot of people will like it more, and become the youtuber who know to admit when he is wrong.
And so, we are just giving him help on getting money from our replies.

Or not, he will do a new one, without apologize.
Either way, he gets money.

Nice world :)