Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Boomslang

simplify a doom level and get people to guess what level it is!

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Xyzzy01 said:

idMap01!

Yep. But is it the Doom 2 version or the Heretic version?

 

just kidding i'm not that mean. i drew it over the heretic version but that's not important.

Share this post


Link to post

Phobos Anomaly?

 

What is the reshade shader that draws mesh edges? I mean, I'm trying "meshedges" and it just shows white screen, and I remember I used to do this somehow.

Share this post


Link to post

Good guesses, but not quite there yet. Hint: this is a single map pwad, and everyone here has played it at least once.

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, BoxY said:

Good guesses, but not quite there yet. Hint: this is a single map pwad, and everyone here has played it at least once.

i thought the rule here was that the map had to be from a vanilla iwad map

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Ichor said:

nuts.wad?

 

Correct, well played.

 

1 minute ago, cambreaKer said:

i thought the rule here was that the map had to be from a vanilla iwad map

 

Damn, you're right, I was sure I read OP multiple times to check, but I'm a bit ADHD with my reading comprehension sometimes. Anyway, in my heart at least, nuts is an honorary iwad. :P

 

Easy one, actually-from-iwad edition:

 

2_2.png.7bbfb92792985411c3b0f1ffc0af02a8.png

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, BoxY said:

 

Correct, well played.

 

 

Damn, you're right, I was sure I read OP multiple times to check, but I'm a bit ADHD with my reading comprehension sometimes. Anyway, in my heart at least, nuts is an honorary iwad. :P

 

Easy one, actually-from-iwad edition:

 

2_2.png.7bbfb92792985411c3b0f1ffc0af02a8.png

e1m2 nuclear plant

Share this post


Link to post

ohhh i thought this was about showing a doom map in its most abstracted state like how e1m1 is just a U shape

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, SiFi270 said:

That's the Chasm. I'm gonna put up mine when it's finished, in the meantime I'm posting this before someone beats me to it.

 

EDIT: Beaten by a split second, but here's my entry. Might be a little mean. Edited again to add a few more lines.

simplifiedmap.png.1a3f4217d7ef5f0bebdb6534e641b1b1.png

 

Heretic E6M3

Share this post


Link to post

Nuh-uh. It's Registered Heretic E4M1 :P

7 hours ago, SiFi270 said:

i drew it over the heretic version but that's not important.

After writing that I compared them more closely and found out the bridge is wider in the Heretic version (and the one John Romero shared along with a bunch of other unused content) than the version American McGee uploaded to idgames, so I guess there was a meaningful difference after all.

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, cambreaKer said:

e4m5

An easy one, but this one might be a bit harder:

 

Screenshot_Doom_20200915_110931_3.PNG

Share this post


Link to post

Try and guess this level... it has been known to be the last level created in DOOM by John Romero and has the best music in all doom games in general ever created (set in OPL3)  If you don't know it, you have never played DOOM in you're life.

 

best music level doom 1 pc.PNG

Edited by vanilla_d00m

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, vanilla_d00m said:

Try and guess this level... it has been known to be the last level created in DOOM by John Romero and has the best music in all doom games in general ever created (set in OPL3)  If you don't know it, you have never played DOOM in you're life.

best music level doom 1 pc.PNG

e1m1 hangar... i knew it would show up here somewhere

(also why does that barrel look like a mario warp pipe?)

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Nootrac4571 said:

574136860_Doomlevelsbuttheyrejustsomelineswhaaaaaaaaat.jpg.22ce36f8cc171f62dfd7e34bd675b78f.jpg

 

Enjoying this, got a bit carried away. Have fun!

gonna guess only the ones i recognise

2 - map17

3 - map04

4 - map03

5 - map02

6 - map30

Share this post


Link to post

I seriously don't know the layout of any map. LoL. When i play, I always go, "Have I played this level before?" LoL

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Nootrac4571 said:

574136860_Doomlevelsbuttheyrejustsomelineswhaaaaaaaaat.jpg.22ce36f8cc171f62dfd7e34bd675b78f.jpg

 

Enjoying this, got a bit carried away. Have fun!

 

8 is Doom 2 MAP10, feel like 7 might be MAP15, cambreaker already got MAP03 and 04 which were the only other ones I could get. Fun thread, I'm not very good at these it seems :P

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Nootrac4571 said:

574136860_Doomlevelsbuttheyrejustsomelineswhaaaaaaaaat.jpg.22ce36f8cc171f62dfd7e34bd675b78f.jpg

 

Enjoying this, got a bit carried away. Have fun!

 

Took me far too long to find 1. MAP26:
image.png.49788b94effda7459b797722616d0557.png

And here's a simple one:
image.png.79969d9b7786bbdb812a5613d4e8fd82.png

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×