Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DSC

What Are The Worst Pieces Of Music You've Listened To?

6 minutes ago, M_W said:

The Shaggs

So now, I'm listening to the full album...I can actually hear them accidentally playing in time and making a conscious effort to deviate. That's a statement. I can only imagine the amount of talent and determination to make an album like this. Underneath the cacophony of sourness there are some solid musical ideas as well.

1 minute ago, Lippeth said:

So now, I'm listening to the full album...I can actually hear them accidentally playing in time and making a conscious effort to deviate. That's a statement. I can only imagine the amount of talent and determination to make an album like this. Underneath the cacophony of sourness there are some solid musical ideas as well.

Fun fact, they were pushed into forming a band because their father thought they were destined for stardom from a palmreading.

From Wikipedia:

"The conceptual beginning of the Shaggs came from Austin Wiggin's mother who, when her son was young, had predicted during a palmreading that he would marry a strawberry blonde woman, that he would have two daughters after she had died, and that his daughters would form a popular music group. The first two predictions proved accurate, so Austin set about making the third come true as well.[8] Austin withdrew his daughters from school, bought them instruments, and arranged for them to receive music and vocal lessons. The Wiggin sisters themselves never planned to become a music group, but as Dot later said, "[Austin] was something of a disciplinarian. He was stubborn and he could be temperamental. He directed. We obeyed. Or did our best.""

6 hours ago, LiT_gam3r said:

WAP is the worst song to happen to mankind.

Ah yes, I caught bits of it in Buckley's review. Quite the travesty indeed. Not really sure I would call exploitative, just gross and trashy. It makes me think less "Wow sexy" more "Wow you should probably see your doctor about that." Rappers, male and female alike, just cannot do sexy. They approach the topic with all the subtlety of a sledgehammer to the nads. Plus, Cardi B is a terrible person and has no talent.

9 minutes ago, M_W said:

Fun fact, they were pushed into forming a band because their father thought they were destined for stardom from a palmreading.

Well that's even better. I consider it a fully successful prophecy, just not in the way he thought. Sort of poetic.

4 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

Rappers, male and female alike, just cannot do sexy. They approach the topic with all the subtlety of a sledgehammer to the nads.

I don't think it's meant to be sexy, but a comedic and raunchy power fantasy about the importance of women's satisfaction. Since when did hip hop need to be subtle?

11 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

It makes me think less "Wow sexy" more "Wow you should probably see your doctor about that."

Okay, Mr. Shapiro. But I think the medical community agrees that it's much healthier to have a WAP than a DAP.

I still can't believe I'm defending this dumb song. It's really not that serious.

I get not liking the song but I for the life of me do not understand the hate. I just don't get what there is to hate.

YOU'VE GOT A LOT TO LEARN BEFORE YOU BEAT ME. TRY AGAIN, KID. HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH.

Also, I am so damn sorry to make you aware of it if you weren't already, but throw this one on the pile, too. I've listened to it exactly once, and that was several years ago. I'm annoyed that I still remember it.

15 minutes ago, FractalBeast said:

550x550.jpg

CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG

I think I'm one of the few people that actually like St. Anger. Tho I will admit almost every song on the album outstays it's welcome.

5 minutes ago, Yukarin said:

I think I'm one of the few people that actually like St. Anger. Tho I will admit almost every song on the album outstays it's welcome.

Same Here, I love St. Anger.

though i will say the Album has some stinkers, but I really thought it wasn't THAT BAD.

50 minutes ago, FractalBeast said:

CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG

Well, it could've been worse, and Metallica has certainly demonstrated that themselves.

12 hours ago, Lippeth said:

Since when did hip hop need to be subtle?

I just looked back over what I wrote and I am not sure where you got that from. What I said was my opinion on it and I really do not feel I should have to justify that to anybody. I think it is crass trash, not clever, and not funny. If it blows your skirt up, have at it. I honestly could not care less about other people listen to so long as it's not promoting something obviously terrible like racism or rape. I will talk about what I like if it seems like the right time, I will say what I think about a song if it comes up, maybe joke about if I think it's terrible but honestly, I do not care.

9 hours ago, Shin Godzilla said:

Also, I am so damn sorry to make you aware of it if you weren't already

You monster :D I made it about two lines in and stopped. It is as if they somehow condensed the very essence of the stereotypical annoying brat girl into audio form. Weirdly impressive in it's way.

Edited by Murdoch

18 hours ago, DSC said:

IMO the worst part about the song are the lyrics. They're the most degenerate, tasteless exploitative crap there is. There isn't a single drop of artistic merit even at Planck's scale. If I were to make a "Worst Literature Ever" thread or something like, that garbage would be for sure one of the first things I would mention.

People getting mad about the lyrics of WAP is pretty hilarious. I've seen far worse degenerated lyrics in hiphop, industrial, death metal, black metal and grindcore. Especially in grindcore.

Everything is relative to your own experience and take it from me, WAP is tame as fuck.

11 minutes ago, FractalBeast said:

People getting mad about the lyrics of WAP is pretty hilarious. I've seen far worse degenerated lyrics in hiphop, industrial, death metal, black metal and grindcore. Especially in grindcore.

Everything is relative to your own experience and take it from me, WAP is tame as fuck.

Just because you didn't outright kill the old lady doesn't mean breaking her hand is still ok. "Tame" degenerativity is still degenerativity.

In spanish, very bad song xD

The lyrics are bad, and the music is basically a loop.

14 hours ago, DSC said:

Just because you didn't outright kill the old lady doesn't mean breaking her hand is still ok. "Tame" degenerativity is still degenerativity.

Comparing the lyrics of WAP to breaking an old woman's hand was not a take I was prepared for today.

Songs have been raunchy since the beginning of time. Listen to this fucking banger from 1935

Or, my personal favorite:

Edited by M_W

10 hours ago, M_W said:

Comparing the lyrics of WAP to breaking an old woman's hand was not a take I was prepared for today.

Analogies aren't 1:1 comparisons.

On 9/17/2020 at 4:01 AM, Yukarin said:

Yeah you don't return to this one as gladly as to their other records. But the dirty sound they used on it is commendable, very original. I definitely like it.

On 9/18/2020 at 3:04 AM, URROVA said:

In spanish, very bad song xD

The lyrics are bad, and the music is basically a loop.

The singing is terrible, but the underlying groove isn't that bad. Who's the singer though? I see 5 men on that pic, but it sounds like a girl singing? Or does one of them have a really high voice?

2 hours ago, Tetzlaff said:

The singing is terrible, but the underlying groove isn't that bad. Who's the singer though? I see 5 men on that pic, but it sounds like a girl singing? Or does one of them have a really high voice?

Its a man, but with a really hight pitch effect. Later in the song are the other men singing with a really low pitch effect :/

Curiosity: the group is named "cuarteto de nos" a quartet that started with 3 men and now haves 5 men xDDDDDD

Can't forget this absolute abomination from Eurovision 2018. And mind you, it WON the competition:

Fuck it, Sweden by C418, but don't say something like that on reddit or they're gonna doxx you and send you death threats, especially on r/dankmemes or pewdiepie's subreddit