Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DSC

What Are The Worst Pieces Of Music You've Listened To?

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Murdoch said:

@TheMagicMushroomMan

 

Sweet Zombie Jebus. That is an atrocity. That has to be a parody. It has to be. Either that or that woman is so lacking in self-awareness that she would not even notice if she was on fire.

I think it's real, unfortunately. I remember somebody posting it on a subreddit about terrible music a long time ago. It seems to me like a group of people who have absolutely no idea what they are doing. At all. Everything about it is awful. The "singer" seems blissfully unaware of any kind of technicality or how stupid she sounds/looks (not saying that as an insult to her actual appearance, it's just that her almost-confident behavior combined with her awful lyrics and generic club dancing is horrible), and everything else about it screams ego and inexperience. Her vocals are buried six feet under the mix, who ever did her makeup didn't stop to think about how it would look close up and under the lighting that was provided, the sound production quality in general is below amateur, the background visuals are a bunch of dots spinning around, the lyrics are totally uninspired and repetitive, and everything about it feels like it was made with a budget of maybe $200.00. I couldn't find anything online insinuating it was supposed to be a parody, but I could be wrong. I just think that nobody involved had any musical knowledge or background whatsoever.

 

When I was in college, I knew several narcissists that made songs/music videos that looked and sounded just like this, and all of them tried to pass their music around and sell it like it was a neverending supply of Adderall. Some people are just so self-absorbed that they think they can instantly make great music because they learned how to use Garageband and iMovie (people like this always use Apple products, for some reason). The worst part is that their friends will tell them it's great, because they are tone deaf themselves, or because they refuse to criticize their work.

 

I have a neighbor who is a forty year old woman still stuck in an emo phase. She makes "paintings". They are awful Deviantart style scribblings that are on the level of a twelve year old. She constantly shows them to everyone, and every weeks she has a new success story. "I just sold my picture of Jack Skellington for $400.00!", or "I just sold my painting of Gerard Way for $700.00". A couple months ago, I noticed her painting in the window of an old antique shop a couple blocks over. They are all on sale for around $5-$10. She also thinks she can dance and sing, so I expect her to make a video like this soon.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

I have a neighbor who is a forty year old woman still stuck in an emo phase. She makes "paintings". They are awful Deviantart style scribblings that are on the level of a twelve year old. She constantly shows them to everyone, and every weeks she has a new success story. "I just sold my picture of Jack Skellington for $400.00!", or "I just sold my painting of Gerard Way for $700.00". A couple months ago, I noticed her painting in the window of an old antique shop a couple blocks over. They are all on sale for around $5-$10. She also thinks she can dance and sing, so I expect her to make a video like this soon.

 

Good times.

 

7 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

I think it's real, unfortunately.

 

Yeah, I was mostly saying that out of blind optimism.

Share this post


Link to post

If you haven't heard this cover yet, just please do yourself the favor...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/19/2020 at 10:08 AM, Serum said:

If you haven't heard this cover yet, just please do yourself the favor...

Hahaha I love the description of it.
 

Quote

This is the full song but still not completed in a studio, still done on an iPod so it still isn't perfect but hell it is pretty damn good and it gets the job done. Please try and be nice.

Sure does... lmao

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/18/2020 at 7:14 AM, DJVCardMaster said:

Possibly the entire catalog of Argentine Urban music.

Specially Cumbia Villera, I can even smell feces when looking at the album covers of those bands.

I listened to the first track and thought "OK, that's pretty bad, especially with how it feels so off-time." Then I listened to another. And then some more. The timing is off on all of them! They're doing it on purpose as part of the genre! I don't normally dismiss entire genres of music, but when a stylistic staple of the genre is "make it sound like the musicians don't have a sense of rhythm," I'll make an exception.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, plums said:

I don't normally dismiss entire genres of music, but when a stylistic staple of the genre is "make it sound like the musicians don't have a sense of rhythm," I'll make an exception.

What about prog metal then?

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, plums said:

I listened to the first track and thought "OK, that's pretty bad, especially with how it feels so off-time." Then I listened to another. And then some more. The timing is off on all of them! They're doing it on purpose as part of the genre! I don't normally dismiss entire genres of music, but when a stylistic staple of the genre is "make it sound like the musicians don't have a sense of rhythm," I'll make an exception.


The worst has to be the lyrics tho', thankfully you guys can't understand Spanish.

"I found the solution for the hang-over (resaca) problem, I'll stay in the party soon until 6am" Obviously on a "low-class" Argentine Spanish, which is already a pretty broken kind of Spanish if you ask me.
It feels bad on purpose in every sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/2/2020 at 3:20 PM, UncleTito said:

Can't forget this pile of shit.

YOU LOOK AT THIS AND TELL ME THERE'S A GOD

I legitimately and unironically like this, even though I wouldn't exactly call it "good."

 

1 minute ago, DSC said:

What about prog metal then?

Prog metal bands are usually good and have a very strong sense of timing, they just don't play with conventional rhythms.

Share this post


Link to post

Very subjective, this.

 

I'd have to fall back on generic 'lift music' - you know, the kind of inoffensive, usually slightly soft/commercial rock-ish, mind-melting pap you get played in - well - lifts. And in shopping centres and indeed in a lot of corporate info films. It's instantly forgettable, but you find yourself tapping your foot to it even though you hate the fucking stuff. Aaaarghhhh!!!!.

 

Oh, and Nickelback

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/14/2020 at 5:20 PM, hybridial said:

 

And how many times to have to say listening to Yellow Submarine is just that bad for me, [...]

 

What about the song of same name from Earthbound? The game had some pretty wacky tunes but overall I liked them. I have not heard Beatles much, but it does not remind of 60s rock, although I certainly have heard some of the music in the game was slightly inspired by, I think it was The Beatles? I might be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Gustavo6046 said:

 

What about the song of same name from Earthbound? The game had some pretty wacky tunes but overall I liked them. I have not heard Beatles much, but it does not remind of 60s rock, although I certainly have heard some of the music in the game was slightly inspired by, I think it was The Beatles? I might be wrong.

I believe the composer said John Lenon was their main influence, and that one of the songs in the game had a part ripped straight from an actual Beatles song.

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/18/2020 at 9:14 AM, DJVCardMaster said:

Possibly the entire catalog of Argentine Urban music.

Specially Cumbia Villera, I can even smell feces when looking at the album covers of those bands.

 

Lol, you think those are fecal material? You haven't listened to funk carioca yet. Funk carioca is so...so...bad. It's like porn for blind people. Eugh. It's the pinnacle of inane teenage edginess. And I say this as a frisky 17-year-old myself. There are ways to be edgy with style; funk carioca definitely is not one.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, DSC said:

I've actually mentioned brazilian funk in the "Worst Lyrics" thread too!

 

Oh! I don't think I've seen that thread, to be honest. But yeah, it's all about shake dem booties

Share this post


Link to post

A question to the Latin American guys in this thread: Is it that you generally don't like Latin American music styles? Because it's what the older people in your country normally listen to?

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/21/2020 at 5:19 PM, Tetzlaff said:

A question to the Latin American guys in this thread: Is it that you generally don't like Latin American music styles? Because it's what the older people in your country normally listen to?


Young people listens to Latin American music, urban music to be more specific. Lyrics are often disgusting, music is low quality and repetitive, and I think it sums up everything wrong with latin-american society, most of the time. That's why often people tend to find this kind of music offensive.

Music here nowadays is Reggaeton, Cumbia Villera (for those who like to brag about being low class), Cumbia Cheta (for those who like to brag about being high class), Trap, several songs of Argentine Trap which rules the latin-american industry, and latin-pop, which is often a mixture of Reggaeton and pop music, the kind you hear when listening to Despacito or things like that.

Of course Argentine Trap is for me, even more disgusting and repetitive than American Trap.

Example of Argentine Trap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0yp3rSfx3I

Heck, even rock here is kind of disgusting, we have our own "Nickelbacks" of Argentine Rock, not because they make bad post-grunge.
They make their own style of cheesy Rock music. "Rock Stone" or "Rollinga Rock". The name implies their want to rip off the Rolling Stones, but they end ripping themselves every single time.

Example:

 

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, DJVCardMaster said:

Example of Argentine Trap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0yp3rSfx3I
 

 

Urgh, that's really really bad.

 

That Callejeros song IMO isn't that bad, a bit boring maybe but not terrible.

 

Thanks for the explanations about the present day South American music industry, that's interesting and I really don't know anything about it.

 

Personally I like Latin American music genres from the 1950/1960s, like Bossa nova. Some of the present day stuff seems to have a similar groove, but a different, somehow cheaper style.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×