Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

about time!!

well i finaly got my repolacement screen today, only took 4 months! anyway it is better than the original. also i finaly got the modem on this laptop to work with linux.

Looking at the title of thread I nearly barged in and posted this should be in the time travel thread, but no :)

no such luck here. hey i saved over $900! they said it would cost $1021 to repair the screen. costs me only $135. dumb ass compaq

the laptop is still very good. just its lid design was not very strong. i fixed that, made a strong backbone for the lid. the hard ware is good for a laptop.

their desktop systems totaly suck ass.

Alas, Compaq. You get what you pay for.

Soon my laptop may be upgraded to a Radeon 9000 or GeForge4 Ti4200. Yes.

Unlikely, since you yourself told me on IRC that you didn't think you would. Changed your mind?

Compaq makes great laptops. I also like Compaq because 1) they're local, to me, and 2) they're the only large OEM that still supports AMD.

yea compaq laptops are good, the only thing i did not like was the software they gave me. however i got it mainly for the hardware. at its price it was a great deal. my other beef was repairs, they tried to say the screen was 1021 us dollars to repair. i got the part for much less and did it my self. I also added more 'back' support to the lid.

they are good laptops, the only thing they seem to get right.

however if u buy one consider this. they usally come with winXP installed. sadly it is a restore disk, and it is loaded with shit. also they have it configured to underclock the CPU, u can change that. I recomend tossing away that restor disk and either put on a version of windows u own, buying XP or puting on Linux. I had win98 on it for about 4 months, then i put Linux on it. all the hardware works with Linux and early windows versions.

however i should warn u, some series are a bitch to find sound card drivers.

Sephiroth said:

well i finaly got my repolacement screen today, only took 4 months! anyway it is better than the original. also i finaly got the modem on this laptop to work with linux.

I hate to be teh Party P00per, but why the hell should I care about any of that ?

You think Compaq labtops are crap? Try an Acer... It's big, heavy, ugly, slow, quirky, and has horrid battery life. Everyone at my school has to buy a labtop and my class got stuck with an Acer. Compared to the freshman's Compaqs my labtop is a joke.

im down with compaq. they aint never given me a hard time. as soon as i can sell this here imac ill probably be findin myself behindz one of themz compaqz. word up kat, im down with your style dawg.