Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bioniclepriest

Doom Legacy issues

hello, recently i downloaded the Legacy source port because i was interested in the split screen feature. however, the port has been acting really weird in my computer.

The game seems to run very poorly, at a very low fps, and the aiming with the mouse is really off. when the mouse isn't suffering from severe input lag, it randomly snaps to a random direction. 

I am using the 1.48.4 rev1532 version and playing the standard DOOM wad.

And no, this doesn't happen in other source ports.

Sorry, I have not been visiting Doomworld very often, and I seem to have missed your question before.

Just released the 1.48.6 rev 1550 version (which is working its way through our release system), but is in the SVN now.

I develop on Linux, so I don't get to test much on Windows (other than XP) .

But, I have run it on the XP and it does not behave that badly, so there must be a setup problem.

The last time I had anything that resembles this description was when I accidentaly got two copies of doomlegacy running at the same time.

It did not seem to have started, so I tried again.  In the end, it was just starting slow, and both attempts became active.

Only one had the screen, but the other was running too, and they interfered with each other in some way.

It was a 2GHz CPU, which should be able to run more than a few copies simultaneously, so they must have been locking each other

out of some contended resource. 

I did not figure this out until I gave up and shut the system down, then noticed that I was getting duplicated Doomlegacy shutdown.

Beware,  Windows can take a long time to get DoomLegacy started.  Suggest you must wait it out.

It starts in about 3 seconds on Linux 4.4.