Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SuperSpyroFan

Doom: Sent to Death

Just to let you know, I started making these levels around 2010, and I just did them for fun. So don't expect anything special.

The first level I made in 2010, and then I took a break from it for a year, and went back to it again. 

I just thought it would be fun for others to have a go at these levels.

In this file, it has 40 levels, but I didn't realize the game ends at level 30, that's the noob in me.

I've never actually played a Doom game properly all the way through, it was my friend that got me into this to begin with, and I just wanted to make levels.

I have had a go at a few levels in Doom 1, 2 and 3, and even played a little bit of 2016, and Eternal. They're great games, I just haven't invested the time to get into them.

GOON: Sent to Death, mooD

Doom Sent to Death Part 2 bruv.7z < Part 2, the first 10 levels is for the "sequel", and the rest is just ideas I had.

Doom Sent to Death.7z

2020-09-16 (2).png

I also tried to remake Glimmer from Spyro 2: 1282825552_2020-05-05(20).png.4ce2c791821fa51260bb3f5255799203.png

Edited by SuperSpyroFan : Just to show off a map.

This is the wrong forum. Use WADs/Mods or DOOM General. People rarely, if ever come here, so you are better off not posting here (I've learned from personal experience). Cool story, and you should definitely play all of DOOM! Ask an Admin (Linguica or Ichor) to move this for you, or just copy and paste it into a new thread on a new Subforum.

1 hour ago, LiT_gam3r said:

This is the wrong forum. Use WADs/Mods or DOOM General. People rarely, if ever come here, so you are better off not posting here (I've learned from personal experience). Cool story, and you should definitely play all of DOOM! Ask an Admin (Linguica or Ichor) to move this for you, or just copy and paste it into a new thread on a new Subforum.

Or he can report his post and request a moving.

17 hours ago, Redneckerz said:

Or he can report his post and request a moving.

Oh, I didn't know you could do that. 

I tried about 9 levels and I couldn't progress further after doing stuff for a bit (except for map25) - it seems that you haven't properly mastered how to use a Doom editor yet, and some maps like 25 in particular require you to use GZDoom's jumping and crouching, which you didn't specify in OP. The gameplay (and to some degree graphical usage and perhaps map design) present, I think it's neat for a person that doesn't play Doom often, but some will find that rather unpleasant, especially with a 50-level set like this where it is full of unescapable sequences. I suggest you properly play through a classic Doom game, study the levels' designs, take more of your time to use a Doom editor if you plan on releasing more stuff in the future. People will appreciate a map made with care and effort more.

19 hours ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

I tried about 9 levels and I couldn't progress further after doing stuff for a bit (except for map25) - it seems that you haven't properly mastered how to use a Doom editor yet, and some maps like 25 in particular require you to use GZDoom's jumping and crouching, which you didn't specify in OP. The gameplay (and to some degree graphical usage and perhaps map design) present, I think it's neat for a person that doesn't play Doom often, but some will find that rather unpleasant, especially with a 50-level set like this where it is full of unescapable sequences. I suggest you properly play through a classic Doom game, study the levels' designs, take more of your time to use a Doom editor if you plan on releasing more stuff in the future. People will appreciate a map made with care and effort more.

Thank you for investing the time into playing through my levels, and yes, I agree, I have no idea on how to make a decent Doom level, and I probably never will to be honest, I only made these for fun, and recently just thought it could be fun for people to play around with. 

I used Doom Builder to make these levels, and yes I agree, I should've mentioned that you need the ability to crouch, and jump, and look around; I just forgot.

And thank you for the advice.

Your work is much appreciated. Even if some maps are broken, I think it's awesome you made all of these maps for the sake of experimentation and fun. Most people would shit out one low effort map they took ten minutes to build and want everyone to review it.

3 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Your work is much appreciated. Even if some maps are broken, I think it's awesome you made all of these maps for the sake of experimentation and fun. Most people would shit out one low effort map they took ten minutes to build and want everyone to review it.

Aw, thanks.

I did try to put some sort of effort into it, and I did test the levels to see if everything worked.

But before releasing these levels, I did add some extra rooms and I forgot to test those, so maybe it all doesn't work? lol

I think some of my problems are that I made it too platformy, and puzzley, rather than just your key hunting, demon hunting level, cos in Doom, I noticed the levels connect to an area, whereas my levels just go from one room to the next, which is very linear. 

But to be honest, I don't think I'm gonna bother really getting into it, I've been on and off making these levels for the past 10 years.

And I don't think I really have the time to really create something just like Doom.

3 minutes ago, SuperSpyroFan said:

Aw, thanks.

I did try to put some sort of effort into it, and I did test the levels to see if everything worked.

But before releasing these levels, I did add some extra rooms and I forgot to test those, so maybe it all doesn't work? lol

I think some of my problems are that I made it too platformy, and puzzley, rather than just your key hunting, demon hunting level, cos in Doom, I noticed the levels connect to an area, whereas my levels just go from one room to the next, which is very linear. 

But to be honest, I don't think I'm gonna bother really getting into it, I've been on and off making these levels for the past 10 years.

And I don't think I really have the time to really create something just like Doom.

I haven't actually played the maps yet, but I will because I love Spyro! And I actually like linear maps because getting lost in Doom is very easy until you really get used to automap. Mapping is very time consuming and many mappers will release a megawad only to swear they'll never make another map again. It is very strenuous work, I wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to get into it.

3 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

I haven't actually played the maps yet, but I will because I love Spyro! And I actually like linear maps because getting lost in Doom is very easy until you really get used to automap. Mapping is very time consuming and many mappers will release a megawad only to swear they'll never make another map again. It is very strenuous work, I wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to get into it.

Oh, okay, I thought you did, well, that's what they're there for, but don't take them too seriously. I think I was about 16 years old when I made the first few levels, and I had no idea what I was doing, just making it up as I went along.

Spyro's cool, it's quite a relaxing game to play, apart from the flight levels, and the mini-games.

I know this may be too much to ask, but I'd really appreciate it if you could record your gameplay, it would be nice to see how a complete stranger plays my levels :O

I think I've done all I can for someone who knows nothing about mapping, I remember it taking me ages to figure out how to make a door, and then even longer how to make a switch work with a door.

1 hour ago, SuperSpyroFan said:

Oh, okay, I thought you did, well, that's what they're there for, but don't take them too seriously. I think I was about 16 years old when I made the first few levels, and I had no idea what I was doing, just making it up as I went along.

Spyro's cool, it's quite a relaxing game to play, apart from the flight levels, and the mini-games.

I know this may be too much to ask, but I'd really appreciate it if you could record your gameplay, it would be nice to see how a complete stranger plays my levels :O

I think I've done all I can for someone who knows nothing about mapping, I remember it taking me ages to figure out how to make a door, and then even longer how to make a switch work with a door.

Of course, I'll record some gameplay within the next few days :) and remember, even if something doesn't measure up to other people's work, even if you have no experience, even if you have no idea what you are doing, what matters is that you put effort into it. And I know from your words that you did. That's why this is such a cool post to me.