Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
URROVA

Post your very first map here!

Well, I did this post for those who want to show the first doom map that they made in their life.

I am far from being a master of doom mapping but I know more or less mapping.

Anyways, here I have the first doom map I made:

https://urrova.itch.io/nukemap

Its name is nukemap, compatible with zdoom/gzdoom/zandronum, very noob but it is the first map I made. Obviously i have very better maps 

A screenshot:

awQdpB.png

I hope you want to show the first map you made in your life!

Edit: this topic was thinked for doom maps, but if you want to show your first map ever, you can put your first map of other games.

Edited by URROVA

2 minutes ago, URROVA said:

I dont know why, but i only can upload 0.22mb, nor a screenshot enters in this space, why doomworld???

Upload the image to Imgur, then drop the link in the text box and it'll embed.

5 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

Upload the image to Imgur, then drop the link in the text box and it'll embed.

Well, i have embedded the existing nukemap's itchio screenshot, but i dont know why doomworld have this limit. I cannot upload anything!

Spoiler

Screenshot-Doom-20200917-212036.png

Thanks for the idea of shaking off the dust from that thingy, I've found it, it's 2013's content I think, even this map has a plutonia teleporter LOL

Won't work correctly without resources of my very first megawad so I post the screen of the map's starting view only

3 hours ago, URROVA said:

Well, i have embedded the existing nukemap's itchio screenshot, but i dont know why doomworld have this limit. I cannot upload anything!

There's something like a 50MB attachment limit for each member. That soon runs out with screenshots, particularly at high res. Obviously if there was unlimited attachments for all members, that would rapidly kill the storage space on the DW servers... As @Biodegradable says, use an off-site image host instead. Personally I use Github for my screenshots and also for my map backups. Git usage is another post entirely....

Though I don't think the wad exists anywhere anymore, this was my first attempt at making a map. I horribly miscalculated both height and width of the room.

The idea was to have a central platform that keeps rising and rising connecting different pairs of catwalks. But catwalks were just too long and too high.

The idea will later become MAP05 of my Hell Frontier project.

Screenshot_Doom_20200215_000935.png

I found the first ever thread I made on Zdoom in 2009(!!) with my first ever maps on them. The very first is lost to time so here is my second ever map instead.

it's called 'The Green One'. I remember being very proud of the traps I had made and the little streams that ran through the level. The little UAC sign can still be seen in my maps today!

Spoiler

DOOM0023.png.b038c8d782a28ab5db053e63cf19830a.pngDOOM0021.png.13c539eaa16c6d72024000f0e80653b6.png

First three released maps to public, idk if links still work... It was so long time ago. I think I might find unreleased first attempts, but not sure if it's worthy to bring into the light. 

This was the first wad that I completed from scratch. I lost the original file, so I don't know the exact date I made it, but it must have been around 2017-2018? I always played wads, but never made any because I assumed I wouldn't be smart enough or talented enough to make one because my attitude was: "I've already played a bunch of awesome wads, whats the point of even making one?". But I continued to make some here and there, and I've received compliments on the latest projects, so I guess I'm doing something right? I've also learned alot since I made my first wad.

But yeah I know it anit much, but this was intended to be a Deathmatch wad. Its called "THUNDERDOME" and I made it late at night, I got the inspiration from the movie Mad Max: Thunderdome.

DOOM0011.png.28c1d2b386dbb660538e361994dedbd6.png

It's basically a small circular map with Chainsaws and Super shotty's placed around. Limited health and ammo. Random Spawn locations. Nothing fancy. It was intended to be a basic vanilla map. But I was proud of myself because I made my own wad from scratch. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Even if the official version was released over a month ago, the first pack of it is my very first map I ever made. I kept expanding/changing it and tried to implement new features (which backfired heavily in my opinion).

My first Doom map? It was a scrapped project called Nuclear Pipe. It probably would've been fine if I released it, just very mediocre.

ClfzEMT.png

My first map ever? That would be a Team Fortress 2 map I gracefully called cp_untextured. The opposite side of the map is this same image, just mirrored. It was a very small, hilariously bad map.

ZFsuBQ0.png

But hey, we all gotta start somewhere.

Not exactly the first level I've ever made, but it is the first one I finished, i think my first map was two tiny rooms stuck together :P 

I made this one around a year and a half ago, I think it looks nice visually but gameplay wise its too linear.

Screenshot_Doom_20200918_001827.png.9d2eb30e3307b8a5c3a5260f0c25ae3b.png

Here's the link if anyone wants to play it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1izRPq9kGfcJOmUXQOAtwEkKI3AaScUge/view?usp=sharing

It's for Doom 2 and works in GZdoom, probably Zdoom and similar engines too.  

My first map was in Dump 3 "Secret" maps, it was named Box Simple and used the Eagle man(Not his name but it was an eagle) stage theme from megaman X

When you play it you actually play 2 version of it, the first revision and then the actual first version.

Spoiler

Screenshot, Playing with the spawn mod by Dr-Cosmobyte

Screenshot_Doom_20200918_152942.png.eaf0de2e42329beada26811b9df387f9.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200918_153124.png.3c9048c637ab2fd9567f0e4caef33069.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200918_153129.png.9044677e487f355c197e015a46b0c9c8.png

If you press the eye button you actually get teleported to the first version, because i never explained to term which one to use and as such he combined them both.

Screenshot_Doom_20200918_153245.png.3a8775d2505dfada20a244ffe380f95a.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200918_153301.png.37a6bd8ccdc408fcc644865c098af919.png

you can play it here, just find the secret switch on the hub https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=52276

Well One time while term was streaming the the maps for dump 3 i kinda requested him to ask what did he think about it, i had receive feedback prior to the stream saying it was texture repetitive wasn't really unique and stuff, but when term played it (Along with another guy i can't seem to remember which) well they fucking laughed like crazy about the non functionality of it, so much so got so pissed off about it not being respected artistically, so i decided to finally fix the darn map, i even added a functional secret, and when term played that he said while testing that i actually put effort to it, but he wouldn't have changed it because it wouldn't make sense for a secret side of bad maps have suddenly have a actually slightly decent good one in the middle. i was bummed when that happened but i accepted it, regardless i later on tried to fix the map but being on it's own, i have that version and a remake made by @leodoom85

Spoiler

Screenshot of the "not so boxy edition" (which still has the first version on map07) Same gameplay mod.

Screenshot_Doom_20200918_153817.png.ca50a9b47664fa00e8bdefbe7287beaf.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200918_153825.png.e75c8cbb9d677cd4f25798d95a02ae0c.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200918_153906.png.e092fa7bde3c304ca62e4a41d1934eb2.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200918_153918.png.aa5d7953438c2f7d3e46b458e665f638.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200918_154016.png.c92141f5c261cb51991c098bf2df28c8.png

countera.zip

The idea is to get to the source of the demon invasion (monster spawners) and kill them before the place fills up with too many enemies and player runs out of resources. I am not sure how to implement it given my nonexistent mapping knowledge... so ideas and modifications are welcome.

I present: Toxic Base (creative name, I know). Originally made in August 2015. It's very boxy and bland with large rooms and it should be fairly obvious I was inspired by the maps in the Shores of Hell, with a little Slough of Despair thrown in the mix, because why not?

Should work in any limit-removing port.

doom40.png.774c8b6e0d20ee0c419888de92907af5.png

ah yes, I remember the days of mapping in doom format but only testing in GZDoom for some reason.

image.png.23abef3f46a74c7da345511752236055.png

Also, I have no idea why those sectors on the ceiling are fucked up, this map is from 2016.

The first (and only) map I released into the wild was Fragmentation, a small and rather inexpertly-made deathmatch map that I made back in my teenage years.

I also ended up creating a map based on my school (this was before Columbine) whose story involved the demons taking over the school and you having to kill them in order to make it safe for students again. I never released the map because it frankly sucked, and looking back, I was wise not to. The parts that I remember from the map were an archvile in one of the gyms that couldn't see me for some reason as well as a Cyberdemon battle in the other gym. I also had two choices of teleporters in order to exit the level, and one of them had its landing right on top of a voodoo doll, and would result in telefragging yourself if you picked the wrong one.

17 hours ago, bLUEbYTE said:

countera.zip

The idea is to get to the source of the demon invasion (monster spawners) and kill them before the place fills up with too many enemies and player runs out of resources. I am not sure how to implement it given my nonexistent mapping knowledge... so ideas and modifications are welcome.

By "monster spawners", would you be working with ACS scripting or DECORATE? Because monster spawning (and shutdown of same) can be workable with ACS.

18 hours ago, bLUEbYTE said:

What I'm planning to do when the time comes is to put monster spawner destinations off-screen on a platform where every step off is a teleport and then block it when a button is pressed. I guess scripting can make something more elegant.

I haven't done it yet so I don't know how well it will work.

yank1 -unfinished

I've lost a lot of my early 2013 stuff but this is like the 2nd or 3rd map i've ever made.

yank2 -unfinished

First inept attempt of making a map set back in 2013, lots of Sunder influences and dumb shenanigans

Pics:

Spoiler

argWb29l.png

6GnNteDl.png

skmdS9tl.png

J11ZenFl.png

6JzTipsl.png

So when will we be tuning these all up for a community project???

I started out by editing other people’s wads, very poorly. I made my first maps from scratch in 2001, and they sure would have fit in with 1994 wads. My oldest surviving wad is from 2004, the most plain DM maps you’ve ever seen.... My attempt to make something like Dwango5, a low bar which I still didn’t manage to hit!

https://www.wad-archive.com/wad/c6ec9dd85d20abd650d3601b7e7e9320

I can't post my very first Doom map because it was so terrible. . . Sorry ;(