Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unerxai

Your PC specs

Whether you have the latest top of the line stuff or a good old 8800 GT. Maybe you can share your reasoning for your latest upgrade (or your reason for not upgrading).

i5-6500

16 GB RAM DDR3

GTX 460 1 GB (By far the weakest part on my PC. It's a 10 year old card.)

1 TB HDD

60 Hz Samsung monitor (1920x1080)

Cheap-ass Logitech Keyboard

Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1a Mouse

Line 6 POD Studio UX1 (For recording music. Pretty old at this point.)

I build this PC in 2017 because my old Core 2 Duo PC had died. The most recent game I've played on it is Wolfenstein TNO which I only played for a couple of hours. I've thought about buying a newer card but I just can't justify the purchase. I'm mostly into old games and cards here aren't cheap.

My specs as of September 2020.

Intel i7-4790

16GB RAM DDR3

EVGA GTX 1050 Ti SSC

256GB SSD from Silicon Power as a Boot Drive

Two 1TB HDDs for Storage

HP w1707 monitor (1440x900, 60hz) (In need of a 120hz display at some point.)

Corsair K63 Mechanical Keyboard with Cherry MX-Red switches

Dell Mouse (MS116n)

This was an upgrade from two years ago replacing my Alienware X51 from 2012 with a i5-2600 and GT 545. Yes I took a Dell Optiplex 9020 mid-tower and upgraded it with the specs above. The most recent game I played here is Diabotical from time to time. I mostly play older games too.

My Specs at the moment are:

Intel i5-2310 @2.90
4 GB RAM DDR3 (I can't have more as the motherboard it's damaged on that other slot) 
Nvidia GT 730.
2 HDDm one of 160 GB, other of 500 GB.
2 Monitors, of diferent resolutions Principal it's 1280x720 (other being 1024*720)
Chinesse Gaming Loking Mouse without any dpi changes or RBG.
Chinesse Office Keyboard.

This setup was mostly a old pc from a friend, My futures plan it's change the motheboard to have the posibility of more RAM and dunno if will use Ryzen with a APU grafics or change to other type of GPU. But that will take a lot of time for the pandemic situation andthe country where i live.

At least it's better that my old GPU and CPU.
AMD ATI Radeon HD 5400.
Intel E5300 Dual Core 2.60@

I play mostly indie games and old stuff, but like to play on high end some old AAA games like Resident Evil 6 or Call of Duty.

Screenshot because why not.
IMG_20200918_191501.jpg

Edited by jamondemarnatural : Words

i5 6400

16GBs RAM DDR4

Nvidia RTX 2060

240GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Benq RL2240HE 1080p monitor

Mac Tech Mechanical Keyboard

Some cheap 10 bucks mouse

Edited by sluggard

Ryzen 9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
2TB HDD 256GB SSD
NVidia RTX2080 Super
144hz MSI Optix 27" and a Kogan 144hz 24" monitor as secondary
Corsair Glaive
Ducky One 2 TKL Mech Keyboard

made the pilgrimage to micro center last year and went overboard

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jZ4wL2

monitor: lg ultragear gl850b 27 inch 1400p 144hz

keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Pure White Cherry MX Silent Red 60% (made the jump to 60%, I know this makes me a heathen but it's like a little light up candy bar I can type on, worth the inconvenience)

mouse: G703 Hero replacement for my original G703. Best mouse I've ever owned and the Hero version is even lighter

used on a Powerplay mousepad so I've never had to charge it

Just started an upgrade myself!

-Gigabyte Aorus Elite x570 mobo

-Ryzen 7 3700x with the provided wraith prism cooler (for now anyway)

-16gb Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz

-GTX 1070 (until the 3070 drops, maybe bite on the 3080 who tf knows)

-750w EVGA psu

-NZXT something or other from the previous build

-Some AOC 1080p monitor oc'd to 100hz

-Razer Ornata Chroma keyboard 

-Logitech g600 mouse

Not normally wild with the rgb stuff but I had to play around w it since it's there. Set it to them synthwavy colors until I'm over it finally lol :)

20200912_190818.jpg

Recently built a whole new setup and it's absolutely overkill for most of the things I do, but it's what I was saving for.

-MSI Z390 Ace mobo

-Intel i9-9900k

-bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 4

-32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

-Samsung 970 Evo Plus M2 500gb

-Samsung 860 Pro SATA 1tb x2

-EVGA RTX 2080 Super Black

-Fractal Design Meshify C case

I already had the power supply which is a Corsair AX 860, which was nice because good PSUs were impossible to find when I was looking.

Retro games are...the same, but Quake II RTX is fun.

Spoiler

20200918_204000.png.f3b02a3b55706441722c132afcf02431.png20200918_204032.png.854ce84d63f2d83dd08862f9694bdfb4.png

Edited by Lippeth

x570 steel legend wifi ax motherboard

GTX2070 super

32 gigs ram

Ryzen 5 3200x

1 tb m.2 ssd (forget the brand)

NZXT h510 case

AOC 1080p 144hz monitor (kind of had to skimp on the monitor, was low on cash by that point)

All so I can play a 2 decade old game.

1 hour ago, Egg Boy said:

x570 steel legend wifi ax motherboard

GTX2070 super

32 gigs ram

Ryzen 5 3200x

1 tb m.2 ssd (forget the brand)

NZXT h510 case

AOC 1080p 144hz monitor (kind of had to skimp on the monitor, was low on cash by that point)

All so I can play a 2 decade old game.

As it should be.

Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5
RAM
    16,0GB
Motherboard
    ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 (AM4)   
Graphics
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 (NVIDIA)   
Storage
    931GB TOSHIBA HDWD110 (SATA )   
    238GB KingFast (Unknown (SSD))

32 gigs of ram

1Tb of space

Rog strix motherboard (dont know which one)

MSI gaming graphics card

Ryzen 7 CPU

I dont know all the parts in my build apologies.

AMD A8-6410 APU 2.0 GHz

AMD Radeon R5 Graphics

5 Gb of ram... (is 6, but one is wasted because is laptop)

500 gb of space

Eagle warrior mouse G16 and a keyboard of eagle warrior too

;-;

CPU - I7-7700k OC to 4.5 GHz on all cores (is stable at 4.7 GHz but have no reason to OC it that hard yet)

RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4 3200MHz

GPU - GTX 1080

MB - Z270 AORUS gaming

AIO - Corsair h100i

SSD - Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB M.2 NVMe

HDD - WD 2gb (can’t remember which one but was a high RPM version)

PSU - Corsair Gold 1200w modular

I only built this guy about 3 years or so ago so am still pretty happy with it at this point and don’t have any plans of upgrading at this point :-D Might get another 16 Gb of RAM at some point though :-)

8 hours ago, Egg Boy said:

nooooooooooooo

I've had to convince a couple people IRL this is the wrong way to go. 1440p is pretty much the perfect resolution for computer monitors, a 1440p monitor with adaptive sync is an underrated upgrade, even if you don't have all the hardware yet to drive it over 60fps all the time (that's what adaptive sync is for!)

9.4 trigahertz octocore processor

32 terabyte ram

quantum shifted space cooled flux capacitor

512 dodecabyte SSD HD

Comp is 4 years old.

• i5-6600 Skylake @ 3.30Ghz
  • G. Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz
  • Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3 Motherboard
  • Zotac Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
  • Win10 Home 64bit
  • 8TB HHD space
  • 27" LG LED Monitor
  • NZXT Apollo black case
  • Thermaltake 650W Power Supply
  • cheapo blackweb mouse
Edited by Doom_Dude

Intel Core i5 4460 @ 3.20GHz    

16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz

MSI H81M-E34 (MS-7817)

8192MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 390 Series

931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1ER162 (SATA)

Gonna upgrade next year. It's served me well for 5 straight years but newer games need to be set to High instead of Ultra. 

Mine is a messy frankenbuild, it started with a lame pre-built system I bought for Christmas years ago and slowly mutated over the years.

Processor: Core i7 4790k, 4 GHz, oldest part of my system, still good enough to run everything all these years later.

RAM: 16GB DDR3, 800*2 MHz, forgot the brand, probably something cheap

Mobo: Asrock Z97 Extreme6

GPU: GTX 1070, yeah I know it's gimped, I was on a budget.

SSD: 256GB Sandisk drive, way too tiny and causes tons of headaches but I got it back when SSDs were considered avant-garde and capacity was expensive.

Main HDD: 2TB Hitachi server drive, will probably last forever but insanely loud when writing a lot of data

Spare HDD: 700GB crappy Western Digital eco-drive thing

Monitors: two cheap BenQ BL2411 1920x1200 IPS monitors, not the best for gAmInG at 59 Hz but I like the colour and resolution.

Sound card: ASUS Xonar DX, old, crappy firmware and probably needs replacing but nobody really makes good PCi sound cards any more :(

Amp: Little Dot Mk II hipster valve amp with Mullards and some old Soviet valves, awesome sound for such a cheap setup but I get high pitched valve hum and some electrical interference occasionally and still can't figure out where it comes from.

Headphones: AKG K702, good sound and comfy but the fabric pads constantly pick up oil and dust and become disgusting

Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 tenkeyless, quality but cost way too much so it better last a long time.

Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite, just like every other mouse I bought over the past few years it has stupid rubber side pads that are badly glued on and start falling off within weeks. Firmware is bloated and unstable too, so many years and I'm still searching for a decent mouse.

I'm tempted to upgrade but if I'm honest I don't need it right now, it would just be a vanity project and waste a lot of money. Storage is my main issue, but I really don't want to have to migrate my OS to a fresh SSD and reinstall and reconfigure everything.

Forgot about this guy; the 8bitdo SN30. It's like an SNES gamepad but with analogs and triggers added. I only use it for platformers. Comfy as hell.

Spoiler

71fcgLiR6JL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Intel i5-6402P @2.8GHz-3.4GHz.

8GB of RAM DDR3 @2133mhz.

STRIX GTX 950 2GB OC.

ASUS H110M-K D3 motherboard.

1TB HDD @7200rpm.

Some random 500W PSU garbage that needs replacement for almost a year.

21' ASUS VP247 monitor, 1080p@60hz.

The rest is irrelevant. Bought in the summer of 2016.

Haha, I had a 8800GT from PNY. That XLR8 in electric blue was so cheesy but it made me smile. Alas, it died a mysterious death one day and I wasn't about to stick it in the oven. I also have a GTX460 in storage somewhere.

ASUS P8Z77-M

Intel i5-3570k

ASUS GTX660 Ti 2GB

16 GB DDR3 RAM

Samsung 256 GB SSD

WD 256 GB HDD

some ASUS DVD writer

Seasonic 750W PSU that has a random irritating whine on one of its modular cables

some Rosewill case I got a long time ago

ASUS 24" 16:10 monitor (center) with a weird stuck pixel that shows blue on a dark image

ASUS 21.5" 16:9 monitor (left) with speakers that take a second to power on when it's quiet

Dell 21.5" 16:9 monitor (right) I picked up off the street

Windows 7 64-bit

Microsoft Internet Keyboard that's about to hit 20 in November

Logitech G500 whose LMB has been janky for several years

Sennheiser PC150 headset with a barely used mic until shelter-in-place

Been out of the loop for a long time (learned about gumstick SSDs in a recent LGR video) and there's no need to get new stuff if it works fine for me. That, and bills take priority.

Most of this is from 2016, aside from the CPU cooler, mouse, headset and normal SSD, which are all from the last year or so - the CPU cooler was a like-for-like replacement, as the fan on the old one gave up on me after about 6 years - and the HDD, Hybrid Drive, Optical Drive and keyboard, which are somewhere around 10 years old:

Mobo: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming (came with Doom 2016!)

CPU: Intel i7-6700K, overclocked to 4133MHz (IIRC)

CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 13 (basically a half-brick sized heatsink with a 92mm PWM fan on it)

RAM: 4*8GB Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black, overclocked a little from 2133MHz (something like 2200, but not exactly, I think)

GPU: Palit GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock Premium Edition (came with Gears of War 4!)

PSU: 750W Corsair Builder Series CX (non-modular)

Case: GameMax Falcon White Gaming Midi-Tower ATX (with five 120mm fans of varying provenance)

Storage:

512GB Samsung SM951 M.2 (22x90) PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD (makes Windows 10 and the odd game load up incredibly quickly, despite being four years old!)

1TB Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 Deskstar 7K1000 C 3.5" SATA II HDD (an HDD from a previous build)

500GB Seagate ST95005620AS Momentus XT 2.5" SATA II SSHD (a hybrid drive salvaged from an old gaming laptop)

2TB Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" SATA III SSD (something nice and modern to give me some security against old drives)

Optical Drive: TSSTcorp SH-S223C DVD Writer (I've got the space, might as well have one. They're not totally useless...)

Monitor: AOC U2879VF 28" FreeSync 4k (60Hz, 1ms Response Time)

Keyboard: Logitech Deluxe 250

Mouse: GameMax Strike Gaming (wired, optical, RGB that won't ever turn off, apparently, despite claiming to be able to do so. My old Logitech B150 was nicer, TBH, but it died and this has more functionality)

Headset: Xclio JD-032 Gaming Headset

Speakers: Hitachi AX-M69 Stereo Home Audio System (no idea how old this is, but it came out March 2006 and is older than anything else I'm using...)

I've been rather cheap with the mouse, keyboard and headset, and kept old stuff going where I can, but the bulk of the system has been really strong for 4k ultra-settings single-player gaming up to this point. There's a few games that have forced me to dial back a bit (dropping to 1080p lets me keep settings maxed-out still), and ray-tracing is a clear weakness, so I've got my eye on an upgrade. I think I'd be happy to drop an RTX 3080 in once I've saved up a bit, but ideally I'd build up the CPU (and mobo) to go with it afterwards. A fully modular PSU would be nice, too, but my one is comfortably powerful enough. Hell, I even ran two of my GPU in SLi for a couple of months back in 2016, before being forced to admit that neither my case or cooling were up to scratch for the sheer heat being produced in any sustained gaming session.

10 hours ago, DuckReconMajor said:

I've had to convince a couple people IRL this is the wrong way to go. 1440p is pretty much the perfect resolution for computer monitors, a 1440p monitor with adaptive sync is an underrated upgrade, even if you don't have all the hardware yet to drive it over 60fps all the time (that's what adaptive sync is for!)

I may need convincing on anything above 1080p. I even downscale to 720p for modern games because I like the grittier look and extra frame rate. Something about super high resolutions don't sit right with my eyes in some games. Even on this website at 1080p I'm zoomed in to 130% because the resolution is too high for what most websites seem to be designed for. If I can be cured of this insanity I wouldn't mind at all.

Freesync is a godsend with what I perceived to be input lag and cured the motion sickness that I would feel in certain games, but has flickering in some programs because I'm using it with G Sync, and it's technically not "G Sync compatible". Also I'm totally sold on curved monitors. It's hard to explain but it just feels right.

lol yeah I have most websites zoomed in too, even at 1080p. I use 150% on Doomworld.

It's like the first time I got a "retina" phone screen, as Apple calls them. You go from "these are pixels forming an image" to just seeing the image. It's hard to explain.

Most games are going to scale their hud and whatnot to your screen proportions (or you can scale them like in ZDoom and such).

I personally feel it makes things more clear and that my eyes stress less with 1440p, but of course your mileage may vary.

All I can say is give it a try. If you've got some way to check one out I think it's worth it before making the decision, as monitors tend to be things people stick with for a long time. I know that's obviously harder to do these days.

I think people are correct when saying 4K is overkill for monitors. But I just wanted to state based on seeing my monitor and seeing other 1440p screens side by side with 1080, it's an actual visible difference and not just marketing hype. But if you need to stay at 1080 there's of course nothing wrong with that.

edit: a couple further notes:

1. my screen is 27", I've seen a couple 32" ones as well and they look just as crisp

2. If you're planning to use it for console, note that PlayStation consoles have never natively supported 1440p (they wanna push their TVs i've heard), while Xbox does and their new Series S is even targeted to 1440p

3. But in line with the above point, 1080p movies and other content scale wonderfully and I have never noted a loss in quality from a 'non-regular' resolution

23 hours ago, DuckReconMajor said:

The more I'm looking into it, yeah 1440p makes a big difference, and isn't absolutely superfluous like 4k and beyond. Thanks for the info!

I was going to make a joke saying my PC is some hilariously antiquated system, then I realized I'm on a forum for a DOS game and that probably wouldn't land so well.