Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Artman2004

Best video game chaingun?

Wolfenstein 3D’s chaingun. The original chaingun that started it all, and the fact that it takes enemies down so quick with a loud rapid-firing BANG never gets old.

Also, no shit sherlocks and captain obviouses... the real life defined chainguns would be boring in a video game where you have to move around quickly in combat, in fact, so would any heavy machine gun for that matter if we’re going to act like things need to be realistic. I think we can piece this together and assume the OP means what weapon that fits the same category as the chaingun in Doom is your favorite. 

Edited by Gerolf

Best Gatling guns for me are from Quake 2, Doom 1/2, Doom 3, and Chasm: The Rift

P.S.: Oh yeah, I forgot about one from Wolfenstein 3D. But it's not such good, because eat bullets too fast, and with it don't kill enemies as fast as you want

1 hour ago, Toilet_Wine_Connoisseur said:

The Venom gun was a game changer. thats when the arsenal went from 'well executed but typical for the period' to 'the king has returned'

- Doom 2016/Eternal chaingun turret mode

- Venom from Return to Wolf definitely

- Chaingun from Wolf 3D

- Serious Sam's minigun.

- Quake 2's chaingun

- Doom 3's chaingun

(there are probable differences between gatling gun, chaingun & minigun but who gives a damn, they act mostly the same in video games)

Doom (2016) and Doom Eternal have the best chainguns hands down.

Though ones from Resident Evil 5 and the Resident Evil 2 remake are bad ass too.

The MG46 from Wolfenstein: The Old Blood is really fun.

I'm not sure if this counts but I was really happy with the Vulcan Rotary Cannon I did for Weapons of Saturn. I don't know, I made it the way I wanted a minigun to feel.

Quake's Super Nailgun is also notable, as well as Quake III Arena's machine gun.

Not really a video game, but Skulltag's chaingun or minigun feels really satisfying.

And of course, Quake 2's chaingun be like:

Spoiler

image.png.f1357aaeafa8b83bfb0faf082b133c6f.png

Edited by xzotikk

FPS:

Doom 64 Chaingun

Aliens vs Predator 2 Minigun

Serious Sam The First/Second Encounter Minigun

Quake Super Nailgun

Quake 2 Chaingun

Non-FPS:

Raptor Auto-Track Minigun

Worms Minigun

X-Com 1 and 3 Autocannon (at least they have multiple barrels, but weren't the fastest weapons in the game)

Syndicate Minigun

Gta vice city's minigun.

That thing is so overpowered it makes the last mission, which is normally pretty tough, a breeze in comparison.

It destroys most vehicles and can mow down entire areas of enemies in a matter of seconds.

It's the exact same weapon in gta san andreas and the psp games if i remember well.

22 hours ago, Eric Claus said:

Turok had a decent minigun.  At least I remember it sounding cool at least.

Came here to post this. I really liked the Turok minigun and the high-pitched whirring of the spinning barrels is forever etched into my memory. Turok 2 followed that up with an energy-projection minigun that was also very cool.

33 minutes ago, DoOmEr4LiFe said:

Came here to post this. I really liked the Turok minigun and the high-pitched whirring of the spinning barrels is forever etched into my memory. Turok 2 followed that up with an energy-projection minigun that was also very cool.

I remember these sounds just making my speakers hate their existence.

Here are some of my top picks

-All The Doom Chainguns (Doom (1993), and II, 3, Doom (2016), And Eternal)

-Quake Chaingun

-GTA Vice City And San Andreas Chaingun

-The Peashooter Minigun in Plants Vs. Zombies (XD)