Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Seppe

Gameplay tweak mod based on Valiant / Doom 64

Dehacked gameplay mod, compatible with any port with DEHEXTRA support (prboom+um,glboom+um, eternity, doom retro, gzdoom, lzdoom)
This mod is inspired by Decino's comments during his playtroughs of Doom 64 and Valiant.

Download from here

Gameplay Changes

• Replaced the chainsaw with the one from Doom 64
    This version is actually a usable weapon. The sprite is changed to the one from Doom 64 Retribution. 
    The speed of the original chainsaw is doubled. This makes it possible to even stunlock Cacodemons and Revenants.
  • Replaced the normal pistol with a slightly tweaked pistol from Valiant.
    The Valiant pistol version has good speed, but it required tapping to remain accurate. 
    I did a small modification to the Valiant dehacked code to keep it always accurate.
    The sprite and sound are from Valiant as is, the original sprite is by NMN from the wad Stomper, the original sound is by ID from Doom 3.
  • Replaced the normal chaingun with the chaingun from Valiant
    The chaingun from Valiant is epic. I used the sprite/sound, but i rewrote the dehacked code for the spindown to use DEHEXTRA states.
    This should ensure that this mod will be playable with almost any Vanilla/Boom/MBF WAD.
    The original sprite is again by NMN from the wad Stomper.
  • Bullet Capacity is increased to 300/600
    Same as in Valiant, but I did not modify the ammo pickup sizes to not flood the player with ammo.
  • Lost Souls have their health reduced to 70
    This way a super shotgun blast will now almost always kill a lost soul and make them a little less annoying.

I included an extra version of the wad that is compatible with the BTSX pallet.

I think you can make a separate version that uses PNG sprites to make them less weird on wads with custom pallettes, like Doom 64 Retribution itself (it supports loading gameplay mods).

Also technically vanilla chainsaw can stunlocks cacos, it's just the blockmap thing iirc.

Edited by TheNoob_Gamer : Apparently the method for 100% pistol accuracy is good enough.

On 9/20/2020 at 7:33 AM, TheNoob_Gamer said:

I think you can make a separate version that uses PNG sprites to make them less weird on wads with custom pallettes, like Doom 64 Retribution itself (it supports loading gameplay mods).

Also technically vanilla chainsaw can stunlocks cacos, it's just the blockmap thing iirc.

Indeed! Either true color or indexed PNGs can be used. I had to do that because I noticed the gameplay mod I was working on looked psychedelic in ancient aliens haha.

I wanted this to work with prboom+, this is the reason why I refrained from using PNG files.

On 9/23/2020 at 2:27 PM, Seppe said:

I wanted this to work with prboom+, this is the reason why I refrained from using PNG files.

make a separate version that uses PNG sprites