Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

One of the most entertaining Doom videos I've seen (Action Button)

Glorious new PFP, pal!
Ufff! Three hours long?
Thats my whole spare time for this day...so gotta look it in parts before i go to sleep at night.
Maybe in the next month i can give you a review about this :/

Just to stress...

This is not really a "watch later" kind of video.

Yes, it's insanely long, but...

... it's also insanely good. It deserves recognition as a pitch-perfect analysis of the game and its place in our culture.

And his dissection of E1M1... *chef's kiss*

Don't put off watching it. Whack it on while you're mapping or something (I did).

Saw this one crop up in my recommended section a couple of days ago. Definitely a fun watch and well worth the 3 hours, I can assure you. Great stuff.

3,5 hours of Doom? Heck yeah! I have watched this recently and yeah... it was quite entertaining, if you don't take it too seriously and don't mind endless excursions into different topics and personal anecdotes. I hope he continues this style going forward, because I was checking out some other videos and they were not quite on par with this one.

The thesis of the video appears to be that he wants to troll people by saying Doom is the Citizen Kane of video games but first he needs to talk himself into a plausible reason for saying it, which happens to take 3 hours. You can just say it you know!

210 minutes is about 200 more than I care to watch for a video that's not going to teach me anything new.

5 hours ago, Linguica said:

The thesis of the video appears to be that he wants to troll people by saying Doom is the Citizen Kane of video games but first he needs to talk himself into a plausible reason for saying it, which happens to take 3 hours. You can just say it you know!

Largely true, but it's all about the execution, isn't it? It's highly entertaining, wonderfully written and I stand by what I say about Chapter 4 (The Point)'s breakdown of 90s culture and Doom's place in it.