Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Terrcraft

BREAKING NEWS MICROSOFT BUYS ZENIMAX MEDIA FOR 7.5 BILLION

And I'm sitting here wondering what will become of all the studios owned by Bethesda/ZeniMax.

3 minutes ago, InDOOMnesia said:

And I'm sitting here wondering what will become of all the studios owned by Bethesda/ZeniMax.

You must have missed the part of the article where they said id software will be reallocated to working on the Halo series...

6 minutes ago, Buckshot said:

You must have missed the part of the article where they said id software will be reallocated to working on the Halo series...

What article may I ask?

11 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

What article may I ask?

I was being facetious 😁

Though it's probably almost guaranteed that we're going to see a Doom Slayer and Master Chief crossover somewhere down the line

Edited by Buckshot

wow. I cant say anymore...

The good is that they are going to put Microsoft Edge (the best browser on planet earth) on dEternal xD

I am sitting here, unironically looking forward to this partnership.

I wonder where it will lead and what happens with the studios ZeniMax acquired over the years.

They will be sent to the Halo mines.

I bet we'll get some official Doomslayer/Master Chief crossover junk to celebrate this new step in corporate concentration.

Little away from DooM for a moment but if Microsoft now owns Zenimax, I wonder what that means for the next (if it's happenign any time soon) Fallout installment. (Fallout: New Vegas HD? :O)

Optimistically, maybe Microsoft sat down after seeing the negative reaction to Halo Infinite trailer and said "Let's dump this Master Chief chump and get us a real badass like DOOM Slayer..."

So let me get this straight:

Zenimax owned iD and Bethesda... So now Microsoft owns them? If that's true, that kinda stinks, because in Masters of Doom iD's dream was to be an independent company. Or are they still independent and I'm just being an idiot?

Just now, Skullhacker said:

Zenimax owned iD and Bethesda... So now Microsoft owns them? If that's true, that kinda stinks, because in Masters of Doom iD's dream was to be an independent company. Or are they still independent and I'm just being an idiot?

They are not. They are a substudio of zenimax, which is now owned by Microsoft, meaning id software is also owned by Microsoft.

1 minute ago, Buckshot said:

They are not. They are a substudio of zenimax, which is now owned by Microsoft, meaning id software is also owned by Microsoft.

That's a shame.

4 minutes ago, Skullhacker said:

That dream was long over, they have been a AAA studio owned by someone else for years.

Just now, Doomkid said:

The ultimate goal of every corporation is the rule the entire planet, so no

I know, my friend, I was being facetious. Personally, I am fed up with the prospect with everything owned by a handful of giant, mega-corporations, so this new acquisition just rubs me the wrong way in general. I 'spose there's irony in Microsoft owning Doom now since it was originally on more computers than Windows back in the day. It only took 'em 27 years, but the bastards got their revenge... sort of? I don't know where I'm going with that lol.

4 minutes ago, Skullhacker said:

Dude, they haven't been independent since Zenimax bought 'em back in 2009. Not that it's stopped id Soft from developing good games and tech.

Smart move by Microsoft, in my opinion. Bethesda is going under: besides Doom, they turned their biggest IPs (Elder Scrolls, Fallout) into shitshows.

I personally find this to be great news and don’t think there’s anything to worry about. I think Bethesda will benefit greatly from this and so will Id Software. 

also, Todd Howard made a statement that I found worth the read. 

I'm amused how "Microsoft buys ZeniMax" gets filtered down to "Bethesda joins Xbox".

Hmmm, interesting indeed. Wonder how this will play out in the next five years!

21 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

Doesn't Microsoft have enough money already?

No such thing.