34 members have voted

1. 1. PCM

• Keyboard
    • Keyboard + Mouse
    • Joystick
    • Gamepad
    • Mind Control
    • Other

A more interesting question would be which Keyboard + Mouse configuration you use.

I currently use mouse + arrow keys and number pad to change weapons. It sucks, and I really must change to WASD.

Heh, anyone feel like a WASD vs ESDF flamewar? ;)

[Oops, er... No offence intended to the many ultra-talented pure keyboarders who could kick my ass any day.]

For older games like Doom, Rott, Wolf3d, Duke3d, Terminal Velocity, and Descent (!), I always use just a keyboard, nothing more. Left had on the 10-key, right hand on the Ctrl, alt, spacebar, A and Z. I swear I can move better in Descent with this controll scheme than I think most people could with a $10,000 joystick.

When I play more modern 3d games, I sometimes use a mouse and keyboard. LMB = forward, RMB = backwards, wheel to change weapons (forward=next), A and D to strafe, space for jump, W if the game has a "use", ctrl to fire, shift to walk (or run). On Unreal Tournament, I use this, as well as mapping a bunch of commands to QWERTY. Still, I'll sometimes play these games with just a keyboard. For Q3, I prefer a DreamCast controller, btw.

i am pure keyboard user when it comes to older games, and almost all mouse user on new games. however a good design games pad would rock, similar to x-box pad yet better, with faster speeds.

I actually played gamepad & mouse for awhile.

What do you mean, "faster speeds"? Faster refresh rates? The Xbox controller refreshes at some 500hz.

i mean faster sensitivity on some games. normaly u can set the pad to what u like but i have found a few games that are terrible for a pad to use

I must one of the only people to ever use WQSE instead of WASD for movement. The original System Shock forced those controls on me and they stuck:)

Keyboard for all reasons. I've used it ever since i started, and I intend to keep it that way, but sometimes I use the mouse, just for giggles, and I can make my guy do a cra-Z dance with the mouse too :D

Oh, and as for me, it's keyboard and mouse all the time, any port, and the original exes.

I use keyboard+mouse in dm, and just keyboard in sp. I find it easier to move around in a dm environment with a mouse.

Before I started playing Team Fortress, I used the joystick, but I kept breaking those (and they're too slow anyway). Then I discovered that the mouse can move the player around so much faster. It may have taken a little while to get used to the mouse, but afterwards, that's all I use. I only use the the Shift for running, Alt for strafing, and Space for opening doors and using switches keys (and the / key for jumping and Enter for using items in Hexen).

SpammerMike said:

Whatever happened to DoomBoy's title that said something about him having to make a poll outta everything?

You mean the one he never had?