Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GoosebumpsFan

Made a YT channel, and I'll play your mods, guys!

6 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

This is an excellent way to destroy what little credibility you have in this community as a playtester. Pack it in with the Angry Video Game Nerd routine and try being more constructive. I'm not one for sugarcoating things myself, but you've got to practice some restraint with your feedback because the bullshit you've written here is a sure-fire way to dissuade any other mapper from taking your contributions seriously. You can be honest and polite about it, mate.

thanks. I received many critiques for the difficulty of the wad until now, and i've always taken them seriously and changed what possible, i never got angry for a bad review. But this was insulting. We are making maps because we like it and because we like this community, we shouldn't be treated like shit. I'm ready for the ban and i am ready to insult this person, a lot.

23 minutes ago, Zolgia108 said:

I'm ready for the ban and i am ready to insult this person, a lot.

Don't stoop to their level, Zol. I like you and would rather you be able to stick around. Rise above it and keep mapping ;^)

15 hours ago, GoosebumpsFan said:

Usually playing doom is fun and (sort of) relaxing

Yes, playing doom is supposed to be fun, because if it's not then there is no reason to play in the first place (because the point of playing a game is to enjoy it). I agree. However, it's not necessarily need to be relaxing, some people prefer playing hard wads which require you to run throughout the map while shooting a lot of enemies. If you personally like relaxing wads, then this wad simply isn't for you. Happy is  a Sunlust-inspired megawad which aims for good-skilled players.

the neon color scheme that quite frankly looks awful

Heh, idk man... People have their own taste regarding colors. I personally like it. If you don't, then i can't blame you tbh.

With the SSG trap, why is there 15 fucking revenants and four pinkys biting me in the ass in a crouched space, not to mention the two chaingunners and NO COVER AT ALL, then to add icing to the cake just throw in an archvile behind bars to incinerate me. And then to not have a single health bonus in the room

15 revenants ? What are you talking about ? There are only 6 revenants in that particular area on UV.

You're given an enough time to kill the two chaingunners with your SSG before they could attack you.

Also i think you're blind because there is a cover, which is the stairs, you could go besides the stairs and then shoot the revenants and the archvile from there. You simply failed to notice this trick. Regarding no medkit in the room-- yeah, it would've been better if Zolgia put at least one medkit there, however this area is located in the very beginning of the map so you could enter this place with full health, so it's not that bad. (Plus, there is a nearby green armor you could pick before entering the room)

That'll send you to a golden platform FILLED TO THE TOP with goddamn revenants. Like why why why?

I have no idea what you're talking about. I've played the map and i know player is not forced to go to the golden platform with revenants. If you have cleared the previous area, then you can stay there as long as you want, then go to that golden platform area once you're mentally ready. This map also isn't linear, you could go to somewhere else and come back there  later.

and of course the small amount of weapons and health packs

Again, i have no idea what you're talking about. You could get a shotgun, SSG, and chaingunner early, as long as you pay attention to the areas around you. Also, ammo is everywhere, especially rockets, there is even a free backpack in the beginning of the map which you could pick.

Then you get pelted by some ignorable shit-colored imps

This is definitely just your personal preference. Most people don't have a problem with it, including me. Also, Happy is a scary-themed wad, so the fact that Zolgia uses dark colored imps with spikes/horns is pretty reasonable if you ask me. In fact, Valiant uses the same imps and no one complains, Valiant itself isn't even a scary themed wad (unlike Happy).

I don't even think you can beat it with a pistol start at all.

Then let me tell you that i've beaten it with a pistol start on UV. 99% kills. Surprised ?

Probably the only reason you had me play this is because nobody else would.

Wrong, i and some other users have played this map. And i don't regret it

Many parts of your criticism are invalid because of your personal preferences and the fact you suck at playing it. Also, your insult in the end just makes it worse.

@Zolgia108 did a good jod.

Edit : In addition, i played the older version of the map which was fairly harder than current version.

Edited by Dranyan

11 hours ago, GoosebumpsFan said:

Alright you know what...

I just seriously think this is an absolute TROLL WAD and heres why:

Usually playing doom is fun and (sort of) relaxing.

When I played your wad, the sheer number of monsters and the neon color scheme that quite frankly looks awful and distracts me from the dark brown imps and black revenants just gives me a headache. The sheer amount of revenants is just plain cringeworthy and of course the small amount of weapons and health packs. Sure the map looks nice but it plays like a clogged toilet. With the SSG trap, why is there 15 fucking revenants and four pinkys biting me in the ass in a crouched space, not to mention the two chaingunners and NO COVER AT ALL, then to add icing to the cake just throw in an archvile behind bars to incinerate me. And then to not have a single health bonus in the room, you gotta have big balls to do that shit. Okay... what if you avoid that trap?

That'll send you to a golden platform FILLED TO THE TOP with goddamn revenants. Like why why why? Then you get pelted by some ignorable shit-colored imps. Okay maybe you escaped... NO!!!! You go into another area with shitty cacos and archviles!

The plutionia expiriment is easier on Ultra Violence then this trash level.

Also don't you make anyone else play this plain garbage map ever.

Ever.

I'll be glad to delete this rubbish.

That sure isn't constructive, I suck at playing difficult/slaughter maps but then again I don't see the need of going to the forums complaining about it, I always learn that you just need to get good at it, practice and learning strategies is what makes it perfect. I really don't see the reason to shit on Zolgia's map just because you just suck at it.

26 minutes ago, Dranyan said:

Yes, playing doom is supposed to be fun, because if it's not then there is no reason to play in the first place (because the point of playing a game is to enjoy it). I agree. However, it's not necessarily need to be relaxing, some people prefer playing hard wads which require you to run throughout the map while shooting a lot of enemies. If you personally like relaxing wads, then this wad simply isn't for you. Happy is  a Sunlust-inspired megawad which aims for good-skilled players.

Heh, idk man... People have their own taste regarding colors. I personally like it. If you don't, then i can't blame you tbh.

15 revenants ? What are you talking about ? There are only 6 revenants in that particular area on UV.

You're given an enough time to kill the two chaingunners with your SSG before they could attack you.

Also i think you're blind because there is a cover, which is the stairs, you could go besides the stairs and then shoot the revenants and the archvile from there. You simply failed to notice this trick. Regarding no medkit in the room-- yeah, it would've been better if Zolgia put at least one medkit there, however this area is located in the very beginning of the map so you could enter this place with full health, so it's not that bad. (Plus, there is a nearby green armor you could pick before entering the room)

I have no idea what you're talking about. I've played the map and i know player is not forced to go to the golden platform with revenants. If you have cleared the previous area, then you can stay there as long as you want, then go to that golden platform area once you're mentally ready. This map also isn't linear, you could go to somewhere else and come back there  later.

Again, i have no idea what you're talking about. You could get a shotgun, SSG, and chaingunner, as long as you pay attention to the areas around you. Also, ammo is everywhere, especially rockets, there is even a free backpack in the beginning of the map which you could pick.

This is definitely just your personal preference. Most people don't have a problem with it, including me. Also, Happy is a scary-themed wad, so the fact that Zolgia uses dark colored imps with spikes/horns is pretty reasonable if you ask me. In fact, Valiant uses the same imps and no one complains, Valiant itself isn't even a scary themed wad (unlike Happy).

Then let me tell you that i've beaten it with a pistol start on UV. 99% kills. Surprised ?

Wrong, i and some other users have played this map. And i don't regret it

Many parts of your criticism are invalid because of your personal preferences and the fact you suck at playing it. Also, your insult in the end just makes it worse.

@Zolgia108 did a good jod.

Edit : In addition, i played the older version of the map which was fairly harder than current version.

thanks Dranyan, this is the more or less the answer that i would have given if he wasn't a complete dick, i'm glad that you did it so that he now knows that those things he pointed out are not right :)

And thanks for defending me, i really appreciate that. Now i think it's time for me to forget about this matter and go on with the last details  :P 

I have a map that is 71 percent finished. PM me and I'll give you the DL link.

EDIT: Think about what you say before you say it, otherwise people are going to call you out for it.

Edited by KHJDoom25

On 9/25/2020 at 7:42 PM, GoosebumpsFan said:

Alright you know what...

I just seriously think this is an absolute TROLL WAD and heres why:

Usually playing doom is fun and (sort of) relaxing.

When I played your wad, the sheer number of monsters and the neon color scheme that quite frankly looks awful and distracts me from the dark brown imps and black revenants just gives me a headache. The sheer amount of revenants is just plain cringeworthy and of course the small amount of weapons and health packs. Sure the map looks nice but it plays like a clogged toilet. With the SSG trap, why is there 15 fucking revenants and four pinkys biting me in the ass in a crouched space, not to mention the two chaingunners and NO COVER AT ALL, then to add icing to the cake just throw in an archvile behind bars to incinerate me. And then to not have a single health bonus in the room, you gotta have big balls to do that shit. Okay... what if you avoid that trap?

That'll send you to a golden platform FILLED TO THE TOP with goddamn revenants. Like why why why? Then you get pelted by some ignorable shit-colored imps. Okay maybe you escaped... NO!!!! You go into another area with shitty cacos and archviles!

The plutionia expiriment is easier on Ultra Violence then this trash level.

Also don't you make anyone else play this plain garbage map ever.

Ever.

I'll be glad to delete this rubbish.

EDIT:

Probably the only reason you had me play this is because nobody else would.

Oh shit...

I apologize for what I posted here, I did not mean all of that...

PS: I literally did have a headache but I fucked up with that post oh man.

Sorry for the review man. Should've never posted this because jesus christ.

Definitely sorry for what I said, It's not right and shouldn't have been said.

I get these horrible headaches, but man I should not have posted any of this...

Maybe I'll do a proper review in the future, but just wow.

36 minutes ago, GoosebumpsFan said:

Oh shit...

I apologize for what I posted here, I did not mean all of that...

PS: I literally did have a headache but I fucked up with that post oh man.

Sorry for the review man. Should've never posted this because jesus christ.

Definitely sorry for what I said, It's not right and shouldn't have been said.

I get these horrible headaches, but man I should not have posted any of this...

Maybe I'll do a proper review in the future, but just wow.

apologize accepted :) no worries... it happens i guess. The first mistake was mine cause i didn't see your other videos, and now that i saw them i noticed that you like to play relaxed and chill out, i wouldn't have sent that map if i knew this...

It's okay, you should point out what you like to play and what you don't like, so that people will know what to send for playtesting, And of course you should be polite and costructive. Now everything is in the past, good luck with your channel!