Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TenenteZashu

So, what's the deal with the dead human bodies in the Kadingir Sanctum?

So I recently went back to Doom 2016 and as I was playing Kadingir Sanctum I noticed that some of the corpses were killed by arrows, there are shields with arrows impaled and some corpses have axes next to them. I tried asking this question on r/doom but as always the mods flagged it as ''off-topic'' and removed the post and I'm not gonna create a facebook account solely to ask Hugo about them. In the mean time I came up with some theories (which may contain minor spoilers about Doom Eternal):

1) They are humans that died and went to hell then Kalibas (or however it's spelled) didn't picked them for the soul exaction process and dumped them into the blood swamps.

now in 2016's codex it's said that battles often take place in hell so I thought that maybe these are the corpses of dead humans that were captured by the demons in the blood swamps and used in their battles.

2) They are dead Sentinel warriors that after the Betrayer and the Priests sold their world to the demons were teleported to hell with the Slayer and got killed by the demons

or they are dead Sentinel warriors that died during the wars against hell shortly after the arrival of the Doom Slayer.

Down below there's gonna be some pictures so you can understand better which corpses I'm talking about06-09-2020_11-00-36-bjyy1mtd.png.4cf0f061abb4b8e80ffaab70621eae34.png06-09-2020_11-00-49-kegxv5zu.png.0ceddf8f3c3bfb63ac29993a49182013.png06-09-2020_11-01-04-5a10ctnj.png.c7c8b22419ba5d51283888ac2e7a082f.png06-09-2020_11-01-18-0v4bigls.png.c60db956f97b5189a35c1cd2d8a0b4c4.png

In 2016 lore, demons are capable of conquering dimensions and absorbing them into Hell.

"With the fall of Argent D'Nur, their realm was taken into ours, their temples and runes, their carved rock and edifice, all was absorbed into our realm and taken as trophies of our triumph."

"It is believed that these structures were native to this area, absorbed into Hell when the civilization was conquered."

"Limited data from remote collection and information decrypted from the Corrax tablets suggests that this area is the corrupted ruins of a "lost realm" - a world that has been entirely conquered and absorbed into the Hell dimension."

It's possible that Kadingir Sanctum was also originally absorbed into Hell and that those corpses may have belonged to that world's warriors. Although I'm not sure who could've shot those arrows. Perhaps they were Sentinel victims of Argent D'Nur's civil war? The shields don't appear to be Sentinel design though, it may have been an early Sentinel concept (since their culture was mostly undefined until Eternal) or it's supposed to represent another civilization that was absorbed by Hell.

1 hour ago, AtimZarr1 said:

In 2016 lore, demons are capable of conquering dimensions and absorbing them into Hell.

"With the fall of Argent D'Nur, their realm was taken into ours, their temples and runes, their carved rock and edifice, all was absorbed into our realm and taken as trophies of our triumph."

"It is believed that these structures were native to this area, absorbed into Hell when the civilization was conquered."

"Limited data from remote collection and information decrypted from the Corrax tablets suggests that this area is the corrupted ruins of a "lost realm" - a world that has been entirely conquered and absorbed into the Hell dimension."

It's possible that Kadingir Sanctum was also originally absorbed into Hell and that those corpses may have belonged to that world's warriors. Although I'm not sure who could've shot those arrows. Perhaps they were Sentinel victims of Argent D'Nur's civil war? The shields don't appear to be Sentinel design though, it may have been an early Sentinel concept (since their culture was mostly undefined until Eternal) or it's supposed to represent another civilization that was absorbed by Hell.

Yeah I think that the theory about the warriors from the original dimension of the Sanctum is the most likely and the arrows could be explain by the fact that their society split in half when the demons invaded and so two sides fought, one that was against the demons and another one  that was allied to the demons and that ended up winning and ''rewarded'' by becoming some breed of demon or simply used to create argent energy but my I prefer using my first theory about the dead humans rejected for the soul extraction progress as an headcanon

Kadingir Sanctum is not neccesarily of the known Human/Sentinel origin.
There might be many dimensions with Human Parallels, and their weaponry looks rather primitive.
Possibly another of many worlds hell has Conquerered and from other Eras maybe?