Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Thorogrimm

glboom-plus screen tearing?

In glboom-plus I'm getting this glitchy screen effect when moving the mouse quickly and this still happens with v-sync on? Is it to do with the uncapped FPS option?

Indeed it's a side effect of glboom+ rendering frames extremely fast in uncapped mode, for example on my machine 2000-3000 fps is normal in simple maps, which is great for gameplay latency, but terrible for tearing. My advice would be to try forcing a max frame rate for glboom+ in your GPU's program options. For Nvidia cards that would be to go to Nvidia Control Panel -> Manage 3D Settings -> glboom+.exe -> Max Frame Rate [number] -> Apply, not sure about ATI cards but it should be basically the same thing. I have mine on 236 fps because it's 4x my monitor refresh rate (59 Hz), which is a good compromise between latency and anti-tearing. I also tried forcing different v-sync options, but regular v-sync feels too laggy, and fast v-sync is buggy on glboom+ and eats my inputs all the time.

55 minutes ago, BoxY said:

Indeed it's a side effect of glboom+ rendering frames extremely fast in uncapped mode, for example on my machine 2000-3000 fps is normal in simple maps, which is great for gameplay latency, but terrible for tearing. My advice would be to try forcing a max frame rate for glboom+ in your GPU's program options. For Nvidia cards that would be to go to Nvidia Control Panel -> Manage 3D Settings -> glboom+.exe -> Max Frame Rate [number] -> Apply, not sure about ATI cards but it should be basically the same thing. I have mine on 236 fps because it's 4x my monitor refresh rate (59 Hz), which is a good compromise between latency and anti-tearing. I also tried forcing different v-sync options, but regular v-sync feels too laggy, and fast v-sync is buggy on glboom+ and eats my inputs all the time.

I've gone to cap it at 239 in the Nvidia control panel, since my refresh rate is 60hz